• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnout time

171 posts in this topic

My 9/18/2012 fast-track modern invoice was encapsulated today, but hasn't shipped yet.

Yup, I modern fast-tracked 4 books, they got invoiced on 9/14, currently been sitting in "graded" status since Thursday.

I think this is the first time fast-track is actually behind :(

Sent it 2 books into CGC on march 10th/11th, still do not have books in hand. :frustrated:

Modern tier (Obviously not fast tracked)

Sounds like something went wrong with your submission - they should have been graded months ago.

Did you send them directly to CGC or did they go through a dealer? If it's the former, call up CGC with your invoice number and ask them what the problem is - you should have had those books back in your hands a long time ago.

Through a dealer, but still have not been shipped back to us in Canada

Sent it 2 books into CGC on march 10th/11th, still do not have books in hand. :frustrated:

Modern tier (Obviously not fast tracked)

Sounds like something went wrong with your submission - they should have been graded months ago.

Did you send them directly to CGC or did they go through a dealer? If it's the former, call up CGC with your invoice number and ask them what the problem is - you should have had those books back in your hands a long time ago.

Through a dealer, but still have not been shipped back to us in Canada

Call CGC up & give them your invoice number - that way you can figure out exactly when the books were received by CGC. There's no chance whatsoever that the books have been sitting at CGC HQ since March.

My 9/18/2012 fast-track modern invoice was encapsulated today, but hasn't shipped yet.

Yup, I modern fast-tracked 4 books, they got invoiced on 9/14, currently been sitting in "graded" status since Thursday.

The ability to fast track in a tier should be the one thing that CGC drops from their services. It is obvious if they are that far behind in grading modern, value, and economy in their regular services then they need to drop fast track so they can get caught up. My modern submissions have been with the CGC since May 28th. It is guys like you that ruin it for the rest of us sending submissions by cutting in line.

The ability to fast track in a tier should be the one thing that CGC drops from their services. It is obvious if they are that far behind in grading modern, value, and economy in their regular services then they need to drop fast track so they can get caught up. My modern submissions have been with the CGC since May 28th. It is guys like you that ruin it for the rest of us sending submissions by cutting in line.

:popcorn:

The ability to fast track is what keeps CGC in business. :facepalm:

If for some reason I have to explain the concept of faster turnover and more $, I can but hopefully that won't be necessary.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, now that I got that outta the way, two things:

A) You either submitted through a dealer or something got messed up with your order. People have submitted modern after your May 28th date and have received their books. Sucks for you.

B) Don't get all hussy at me cause you didn't want to pony up the additional $10 to fast-track. That's right, its only $10 more. And guess what? I'll be the first to say that's a mistake on CGCs part. Gee, if I pay an extra $10, I can get my books in two weeks rather than 5 months! I'm sorry I'm a better decision maker than you are when it comes to choosing a tier and not wanting to be disappointed about turn-around time. Hopefully one day we can meetup at Universal Studios and I'll wave at you as I walk past you to the front of the line cause I purchased the express pass and you didn't. :roflmao:

Let me guess - you don't want the USPS to offer priority or express mail service either, right?

If for some reason I have to explain the concept of faster turnover and more $, I can but hopefully that won't be necessary.

:kidaround:

They would still be in business if they didn't have fast track. They have more books than they can handle at each of those tiers so fast track is unneeded.

They would still be in business if they didn't have fast track. They have more books than they can handle at each of those tiers so fast track is unneeded.

I honestly cannot tell if you're trolling or not....

Tough Luck

I honestly cannot tell if you're trolling or not....

:troll:

I don't see how it's possible someone can be that dumb. I'm assuming he's at McDonald's right now asking if he can buy a mcchicken for .50 cents instead of .99 cents if he orders it now and comes back to pick it up for dinner. I'm sure McDonalds will agree since the smart business decision is to take less money while taking more time to distribute its product. :insane:

The Albuquerque Comic Expo was on June 8th thru the 10th, Desert Winds was there along with Stan Lee, Len Wein, Herb Trimpe etc... There looked to be ALOT of hulk 181's coming through getting those three guys to sign. Aside from that the desert winds booth was totally swamped all weekend long, so I'm guessing there was a huge amount of submissions from that show.

They get lots of submissions now at each show. SS being the group with the fastest growth. They were swamped at the Baltimore show as well.

As much as I hope it happens, I don't see CGC making a large dent in the TAT's before the whole convention cycle start up again for calendar year 2013.

MANNUP! Buy the fastest tier!