• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I'm just happy to have #1 in my collection. 

:pullhair::frustrated::censored::ohnoez:

13 hours ago, newshane said:

I may have said this earlier, but I think it will eventually settle in the 1200-1600 range for a 9.8. 

I tend to agree. Even with the series concluded and the popularity of the show waning, there still just aren't enough copies out there for folks that want one. Even at its nadir I expect it to still be a $1500 book. But i'll be watching for bargains!

So how does the whole series end?  Let me know... please don't make me go to the modern section of the boards. 

20 hours ago, miraclemet said:

The question is is the 2017 to 2019 decrease a return to the 2013-2015 value and we'll see it stabilize there, or will it continue to trend down? 

WDtrend.png.eedaa4a13701b19127a73d3d5e8d3877.png

hm

blackberry.thumb.png.d98df66eafddd9e9f7cf6d179f859fab.png

48 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So how does the whole series end?  Let me know... please don't make me go to the modern section of the boards. 

my guess:

A slightly different take on the War of the Worlds: as quickly as it began it suddenly ends and all the zombies in the world fall to the ground returning to death unmoving. Life goes on.

The end.

3 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Hopefully it ends with Rick waking up and it was all a dream!!!

Because that would be hilarious!

It's what he was thinking/dreaming during the coma. :takeit:

On 7/2/2019 at 7:07 AM, chrisco37 said:

Today.  The WD bubble burst today.  

Good call. Color me impressed.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, chrisco37 said:

Today.  The WD bubble burst today.  

#1 and most keys have been slowly loosing ground for a couple of years - basically tracking the show's ratings slipping. 

I doubt the comic being cancelled (ending)  will have much of an effect on the value of the books as long as the TV series keep going. 

What is interesting to me is that Kirkman felt the story should end with Rick's death. AMC clearly doesn't see it that way. 

Edited by Tony S

I went to the LCS just to take a glance at noon.

already sold out 

fools! I said - I do not want to buy it I merely want to thumb through it!

so... we took one out of someone’s pull bag and I thumbed through the last few pages. 

Spoiler

Old Carl is alive and well and telling his daughter about their adventures in the zombie apocalypse.  Read it again his daughter asks... 

should be interesting how they pull that off on the show. 

Edited by Buzzetta