• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the refund he has to give back when his mint copy doesn't make the grade... lol 

Read the description, refund PLUS $50 if it doesn't come back a 9.9.  That is a steal for sure, right? :insane:

Went to my 3 LCS yesterday afternoon. All sold out in the morning. One is the biggest shop in the UK and would have ordered 100+ copies on an average issue of WD (not knowing it was the last issue). Usually they will put a limit on a book like this but it must have been a feeding frenzy. Even saw non comic collectors coming in off the street asking for it.

I went to a few yesterday as well all sold out as well. It was a feeding frenzy!!! I don't really collect moderns but even I went in to get in on the feeding frenzy lol :flipbait:

mind you though I was a fan of the show and was watching it since day 1 so I had interest in Walking dead. 

On 7/3/2019 at 3:30 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the refund he has to give back when his mint copy doesn't make the grade... lol 

It's a square bound book, so plenty of these will end up 9.9s.

Has there ever really been a valuable end of series book? I'm not talking $20... at least $50+, or whatever these goofy speculators are paying for them.

24 minutes ago, wikked said:

Has there ever really been a valuable end of series book? I'm not talking $20... at least $50+, or whatever these goofy speculators are paying for them.

Akira 

Mirage TMNT I believe

I'm thinking issues of Age Of Bronze are going to start commanding premiums now that they’re exclusive to current subscribers 

Edited by dupont2005

20 hours ago, wikked said:

G.I. Joe 155

On 7/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, dupont2005 said:

Akira 

Mirage TMNT I believe

I'm thinking issues of Age Of Bronze are going to start commanding premiums now that they’re exclusive to current subscribers 

8 hours ago, alexanderjk said:

G.I. Joe 155

Ok besides ultra/super/hyper rare issues, that doesn't count.

There's allegedly half a million copies being made of WD193...even if it's exaggerated, this issue is going to be bagged/boarded asap, unlike either of those ya'll mentioned :P

Edited by wikked

On 7/6/2019 at 12:05 AM, wikked said:

Ok besides ultra/super/hyper rare issues, that doesn't count.

There's allegedly half a million copies being made of WD193...even if it's exaggerated, this issue is going to be bagged/boarded asap, unlike either of those ya'll mentioned :P

Star Wars #107.

Half a million? Uhhh, no way. It will be between 50,000 - 65,000 as far as we will ever know is my guess.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:41 PM, alexanderjk said:

G.I. Joe 155

That value was more based on print run I think.  The title was on it's last legs.  I think this issue of TWD is a different story-  doubt it's considered rare. just a bunch of flippers hoarding supply to create demand. 

20 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

That value was more based on print run I think.  The title was on it's last legs.  I think this issue of TWD is a different story-  doubt it's considered rare. just a bunch of flippers hoarding supply to create demand. 

Never thought #100 would ever be worth anything, they printed boatloads. It ended up doing pretty well. 

Tricky whether it holds up now. I understand kirkman not having it in him to do the comic anymore. What does he make, $20-30k an issue after reprints, etc? Better to focus on the show I suppose. It would be sad if this is the end, no spinoffs or one shots or anything like that.

I hope this thread bubble here will finally burst one day. Now with the final issue craze going on until the final zombie flipper stops drop down. We’ll have peace, will we? 

Can’t believe all the frenzy over the final issue ... sheesh. Be interested to see how long it will hold its value.lol

On 7/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, wikked said:

Iron Fist 15.

John Byrne, new X-men.  

That series ended with a bang.

I'll give credit to Walking Dead where its due. The show never did anything for me. The comics were good but I got bored around issue 115 or so and never continued on. I just felt like I was never going to get answers, and I just had to accept the fact of a zombie world. I like getting an explanation and hey, maybe it did happen and I missed it.

I also wanted to see the zombies gain or develop some sort of intelligence. I also wanted to see someone get bitten but fight the effects and sort of live as a limbo zombie. I also wanted a cure which, I guess was accomplished in a way in the last issue (again, have not read it but have heard enough people talk about how it ends). Oh and I also was interested to know the scope of the infection. Just the US? All of NA? The world?

If a lot of what I have said has you screaming "these were all answered" or "these happened you fool!" then I guess I need to continue reading.