• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yup. The titles sold poorly which is the reason why they were cancelled. And I wouldn't know if last issues were spec worthy as they are now, but Chuck Rozanski used to talk about all spec possibilities in his monthly N.I.C.E newsletters as far back as 1988, but then again he would try and sell you on ANYTHING. My thoughts on WD is that it is selling for the exact opposite reason of why final issues sell on the secondary market. Hype. 

The show is still alive and kicking, but yeah, once Michonne and Daryl are gone I do not see how the show survives. Then again, Fear TWD is still around with no real star power, but I think they spend a lot less per episode to make it.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:47 PM, ChrisInBaltimore said:

I’ve read both books and I still truly believe that Invincible is the far superior read. It’s sort of an odd start and I think as a result didn’t hook people early on. It’s the much better read though, IMO. TWD just sort of goes in circles. 

I have read this series several times by far my favorite comic.  But the ending to me left a little to be desired, and in all actuality the series I feel like could have kept going.  And as far as Kirkmans other projects DieDie and Outcast and all that I feel like they are bleh.  I do wish that he would have stuck with Thief of Thieves which I also thought was better than TWD. 

On 7/17/2019 at 3:17 PM, Crops068 said:

Thanks to @Ladic

Midtown Comics has 193 1st print available for $10 per, limit 1 per customer.  If anyone missed it and wants a copy for themselves.

I ordered mine, but one week later and it has not shipped yet.

13 minutes ago, Ladic said:

I ordered mine, but one week later and it has not shipped yet.

Call/Email them?

My LCS did get some 1st prints back in stock after the initial sell out.  They still have 1 in stock but it has a top to bottom bend in the cover, guessing nobody wants it because of that.  They sold the restock at $3.99 and limited to 1 copy per customer, which I though was pretty cool.

Edited by Crops068
added price

Now.

9.8 Blue labels have sunk under the $2000 mark.

I think 9 out of the last 10 sales were under (one crazy $3200 in there keeps 90 day average over $2000...

Fair few $1500 - $1700 prices.

I'd quote some but again locked out of bloody GPA....   :taptaptap:

time to buy dem WD comics.. I think rick movies are in the works now... hear a rumor he is in LA.

time to buy dem WD comics.. I think rick movies are in the works now... hear a rumor he is in LA.

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Its popped...tbf I think it has reached its ceiling in terms of value, night fluctuate a bit, but movies won't help it too much.

i was into walking dead before it even became popular watched the first episode on halloween on AMC it was good.. not in it for the value or prices on the books I want a #1 for the sake of owning it and collecting something I enjoyed even before it became main stream. 

But i think you are wrong... there is more of a story to tell with opening up the world which is where i see they are going with this helicopter thing and the new series walking dead world... From the rumors I think it will be the next evolution in the zombie genre kind of like building a modern society back and how do you bring technology back and how do you claim the world back? I would go in this direction as most the TV show has focused on surviving what about thriving now and fighting back for the world? 

13 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

i was into walking dead before it even became popular watched the first episode on halloween on AMC it was good.. not in it for the value or prices on the books I want a #1 for the sake of owning it and collecting something I enjoyed even before it became main stream. 

But i think you are wrong... there is more of a story to tell with opening up the world which is where i see they are going with this helicopter thing and the new series walking dead world... From the rumors I think it will be the next evolution in the zombie genre kind of like building a modern society back and how do you bring technology back and how do you claim the world back? I would go in this direction as most the TV show has focused on surviving what about thriving now and fighting back for the world? 

That sounds really good.

to me what you suggest as a next direction for the show etc, rebuilding society is the PROBLEM bot the solution.  The comic got to the point where they were safe from the walkers, and were telling these stories of rebuilding, and it just not al that interesting.  It will take decades, or a century. You wanna watch all that incremental evolution of all the mundane stuff we live with?  Wheres the story in the?  You'd need drama and excitement, and thats just the Big Bad cycle all over again.  Isn't this why Kirkman ended the series because of what was left to tell wasn't worth ten more years oc comics stories? Why would it work on TV or in the movies?

Walking Dead was about waking up in a horrible new world.  That was the hook.  But we are long past that now after 15 years of adventures...