• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Krismusic said:
21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I own a Zombie Tramp LCSD book, I imagine it's something like that as well? 

I was actually going to look into that series I can stop buying ASM books. lol is it any good? 

ehh, it's a little goofy, kind of like a parody to me. It's different, lol I won't ruin your first impression :foryou: 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

the show splinters away from the book I have to finish that series I have read some but never sat down to go through it all... :facepalm:

ya, I've only read a few of them myself, but it seemed better taken in small doses like reading a comic. Goes to say that I'm not much of a horror guy :eek: EEK!

12/07/2019 $916 1164646001

The slaughter continues - Last time a 9.8 Blue walking Dead #1 sold for under $1000?

I was expecting a solid resistance at $1500 when the $2000 barrier fell. But to go sub $1K?

The book is in freefall, and I would expect some bigger buyers to come in to stock up on the book at this price.

$900 - Bloody Hell!

14 minutes ago, Beige said:

The slaughter continues - Last time a 9.8 Blue walking Dead #1 sold for under $1000?

I was expecting a solid resistance at $1500 when the $2000 barrier fell. But to go sub $1K?

The book is in freefall, and I would expect some bigger buyers to come in to stock up on the book at this price.

$900 - Bloody Hell!

excellent maybe I should go pick up a copy, soon.

The writing was on the wall a few years ago. Declining interest in the TV show combined with flatlining prices....and the nail in the coffin was the series ending. I figured it to hit equilibrium at a higher price though, did not expect a sub-$1000 sale. That's brutal. 

1 hour ago, Beige said:

$900 - Bloody Hell!

Any idea where this sale took place?  Looks like an outlier as all sales on either side are 1600-1900.  Though I won't be surprised to see the book fall a bit more from the average right now.

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

Any idea where this sale took place?  Looks like an outlier as all sales on either side are 1600-1900.  Though I won't be surprised to see the book fall a bit more from the average right now.

Dunno - saw it on GPA.

There are a heck of a lot more in the $1600 range than ever - I can see that being the 90 day ave very soon.

I freely admit - I sold off all 5 of my copies a couple of years back, and am looking to grab one next year. I was expecting, as probably were you, the book to be $1750 - $1800 in 9.8

If it carries on falling, then I'd be looking to grab a couple.

Probably the most worrying thing for those holding a bunch is that there is a new show, and the current season still has a half to go - it's usually at the end of a season that the book drops.

Still - $900 - Who saw that coming?

I certainly didn't

1 hour ago, Beige said:

Dunno - saw it on GPA.

There are a heck of a lot more in the $1600 range than ever - I can see that being the 90 day ave very soon.

I freely admit - I sold off all 5 of my copies a couple of years back, and am looking to grab one next year. I was expecting, as probably were you, the book to be $1750 - $1800 in 9.8

If it carries on falling, then I'd be looking to grab a couple.

Probably the most worrying thing for those holding a bunch is that there is a new show, and the current season still has a half to go - it's usually at the end of a season that the book drops.

Still - $900 - Who saw that coming?

I certainly didn't

That's an outlier and pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

It's not any more useful than if a copy sold for double the average price. Both are just outliers.

49 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

That's an outlier and pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

It's not any more useful than if a copy sold for double the average price. Both are just outliers.

Completely agree.  If it's happened multiple times it would be more of an indication as to where these stand but I don't see the average falling beneath $1,700 at the lowest for a while...and one random sale on a Saturday close to Christmas at 3PM is not necessarily a true indicator of the market trending on this issue in CGC 9.8.

On the flipside, if these do drop to 1K or lower I know someone who'll be in the market for some extra investment copies (this guy). (thumbsu So make it rain! :devil:

28 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Did The Walking Dead bubble burst yet?  I haven't been paying attention. 

It already did. It used to be a 3k book and now its a $2k book. If your house value fell 33% in 4 years youd be in bad shape. 

Edited by miraclemet

Yeah, it had it's drop - think it will ALWAYS  be a $1500 - $2000 book.

Never been free to air either. Yet.