• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I disagree. WD 1 in 9.8 will be selling for $1500 in 3-4 years time. We can come back to this thread then and see just where they'll stand.

lol

People were saying the same thing 3 years ago...

Clearly they were wrong. :applause:

3 years ago WD was in season what, 2 ? Things were going well for the show. It was in full swing and interesting. Past tense.

Also 3 years ago people were saying WD 1 9.8 would likely be selling for 5K by now. Ummm.... no.

I

I work for law enforcement and work with hundreds of people. Not one person I talk with is getting tired of the show. In fact they like the show better every season. I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. The show has over 15 million people watching it every week. It's the only show that I consistently hear people talking about and people love this show.

The only time I ever hear negative comments about the walking dead is on this website and other comic websites. I also hear some bad comments at my LCS. So besides comic guys I have NEVER heard one person say anything bad about the show.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the show is not close to ending. I think Kirkman mentioned he has enough material already written for 12 seasons. The TV show will most likely be on for at least 6 more years and who knows it could go on for 15 or more seasons. Plus I'm sure once it does end they will probably have a Walking Dead movie.

I have heard the same song and dance comments on this website about how this show stinks and will be ending soon. Well it's not going to happen for many years folks. The ratings are incredible and the general public loves the show. For every comic guy who disses the show there are thousands of regular guys/gals that love the show.

One more thing I keep hearing some of you dissing the comic and claiming the price is going to go way down. Well I’m glad I did not listen to any of you because the price has been going up the last couple of years. According to GPA the 2014 average price for a CGC 9.8 copy was $1,982. The 2015 average price was $2,075 and the current 90 average price is $2,424. The last copy sold went for $2,900.

Issue #2 will now cost you around $1,100 to obtain. The current 90 average price is $1,179. Plus for those of you who read the wanted to buy forum you will see ample collectors trying to get some of the tougher issues to find and they are offering over 200% of GPA for some issues.

Bottom Line: The Walking Dead is HOT. The comic is one of the best comics to hit the stands each month and the TV show is one of the most popular shows on TV. Of course some people don’t like it but the overwhelming majority of people do and that means the show and comic will be around for a long time.

Edited by raybowles

Some recent print sales numbers.

March Rank 12 Walking Dead 152 $2.99 Image 67,258

Feb Rank 13 Walking Dead 151 $2.99 Image 67,381

Jan Rank 1 Walking Dead 150 $2.99 Image 156,166

PAPERBACK GRAPHIC BOOKS

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2016-05-01/paperback-graphic-books/list.html

Currently holding the 2,3,4,and 6th spots

Edited by Rip

I disagree. WD 1 in 9.8 will be selling for $1500 in 3-4 years time. We can come back to this thread then and see just where they'll stand.

lol

3 years ago WD was in season what, 2 ? Things were going well for the show. It was in full swing and interesting. Past tense.

Also 3 years ago people were saying WD 1 9.8 would likely be selling for 5K by now. Ummm.... no.

I

I work for law enforcement and work with hundreds of people. Not one person I talk with is getting tired of the show. In fact they like the show better every season. I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. The show has over 15 million people watching it every week. It's the only show that I consistently hear people talking about and people love this show.

The only time I ever hear negative comments about the walking dead is on this website and other comic websites. I also hear some bad comments at my LCS. So besides comic guys I have NEVER heard one person say anything bad about the show.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the show is not close to ending. I think Kirkman mentioned he has enough material already written for 12 seasons. The TV show will most likely be on for at least 6 more years and who knows it could go on for 15 or more seasons. Plus I'm sure once it does end they will probably have a Walking Dead movie.

I have heard the same song and dance comments on this website about how this show stinks and will be ending soon. Well it's not going to happen for many years folks. The ratings are incredible and the general public loves the show. For every comic guy who disses the show there are thousands of regular guys/gals that love the show.

One more thing I keep hearing some of you dissing the comic and claiming the price is going to go way down. Well I’m glad I did not listen to any of you because the price has been going up the last couple of years. According to GPA the 2014 average price for a CGC 9.8 copy was $1,982. The 2015 average price was $2,075 and the current 90 average price is $2,424. The last copy sold went for $2,900.

Issue #2 will now cost you around $1,100 to obtain. The current 90 average price is $1,179. Plus for those of you who read the wanted to buy forum you will see ample collectors trying to get some of the tougher issues to find and they are offering over 200% of GPA for some issues.

Bottom Line: The Walking Dead is HOT. The comic is one of the best comics to hit the stands each month and the TV show is one of the most popular shows on TV. Of course some people don’t like it but the overwhelming majority of people do and that means the show and comic will be around for a long time.

Couldn't of stated it better

(thumbs u

lol

I

Comics yes, show no.

Most of the thespians of any show can only allocate so much of life to one project. Very soon the majority of these thespians will want to move onto something else.

I can't find these raw WD #1's fast enough to grade and dump them.

Is WD #1 good book YES (thumbs u

Did you loose $ if you bought a CGC 9.8 on 5/2/16 instead of waiting till the shows ends. :news: Double YES

Edited by NewWorldOrder

lol

I

Comics yes, show no.

Most of the thespians of any show can only allocate so much of life to one project. Very soon the majority of these thespians will want to move onto something else.

Did you loose $ if you bought a CGC 9.8 on 5/2/16 instead of waiting till the shows ends. :news: Double YES

Cause somebody who wants a book today, wants to wait another five years. I mean collectors are generally known as a patient lot. :baiting:

Jim

lol

I

I've been watching 2 copies of #2 for a month for under 600. Still not sold. A CGC 9.8 would hit that mark. I think raws can be had for under 5 easily. (shrug)

Of course I hope it stays that cheap... I still need mine.

lol

I

Comics yes, show no.

I know I will get fried for saying this but both shows remind me of gilligan's island without the laugh track. All of the shows are situations of the characters making poor decisions.

lol

I

(thumbs u

Interesting. Personally, I couldn't have stated it better.

;)

-slym

lol

I

(thumbs u

Interesting. Personally, I couldn't have stated it better.

;)

-slym

Don't tell me you , oops, your, oops again, you are, damn oops again, you're one of them oops.. :baiting:

I let common grammatical errors go. Heck, who knows how many of them are errors due to "auto correct". (re: there, they're, their; to, two, too; etc.)

Using "of" instead of "have" is just wrong, and the more people see it, the more it will be used, incorrectly. It's nowhere near the right word. It doesn't even make sense.

So yeah, I might just be "one of them".

:)

-slym

People were probably saying the same thing about star trek back in the day. Walking dead has become a significant part of pop culture at this point. Yes the show made it more popular then ever before but because of its popularity there will always be fans out there who are looking to collect back issues. I would even argue that if the story continues to get better and better even more people will be ready to throw there money towards back issues. Considering the fact that the population of people increases where the 7,200 copies or so of WD #1 stays the same there will defiantly be an increase of price over time. Unless there is an economic collapse or Kirkman losses his mind and we all find out that the whole story was just a dream in little Rickys head the series will remain strong IMHO. Lastly while many people sell there books there are also collectors, like myself who have WD #1 in 9.8 :grin: who will not sell it unless I am starving on the street so there will be less for sale as time goes on. I know of 6 people who will never sell it either. With all that said its safe to say that the walking dead series is fine.

Yep.

And Star Trek lasted only 2 seasons and had a comic that lasted... hey, that comic lasted 61 issues, through 1979...

Walking Dead has already bested both of those by X3....(X4 for the comic)

It has iconic characters (Rick, Michonne), set in a sci-fi world of the near-future.

Pretty good comparison.