• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I can't post pictures on my phone but gpa wd 1 cgc 9.8 SS

End of conversation

what part of "3-4 years from now" did you not understand ?

Too many people will have (and probably have already ) bought in at much higher than $1500 for that to be likely.

The book has transcended speculation a long time ago. One of the few books that got an alternative media bump to do so. It's legitimately mainstream now. When the show eventually does and there will be additional spin-offs, theatrical releases, reboots, syndication, etc. Kirkman has also said that the comic will continue on long after the show ends.

Speaking of the actual comic- it is a bona fide "run title" as well now (no pun intended). Collectors will not be selling the #1 out of their sets very lightly. I don't claim to predict what a book will or won't be worth in four years because external factors having nothing to do with the show or the title can impact that.

But as a comic, a franchise, and a piece of pop culture, with crossover appeal Walking Dead is as about as rock solid of a success story as you're going to get in this hobby. Period, exclamation point. (so if you don't already have one, get one, especially if you're a fan)

-J.

+1 :applause:

Well said!

Walking Dead is as about as rock solid of a success story as you're going to get in this hobby. Period, exclamation point. (so if you don't already have one, get one, especially if you're a fan)

-J.

Sorry Jay. :sorry:

If I'd have a copy I'd sell it and buy something good. lol

I'll leave you fan boys to buy up all the drek copies.

Walking Dead is as about as rock solid of a success story as you're going to get in this hobby. Period, exclamation point. (so if you don't already have one, get one, especially if you're a fan)

-J.

I'll leave you fan boys to go nuts over it.

There's some awesome stuff in all ages of comics. (thumbs u

(But you must have been a friggin psychic loading up on all those GA Tecs when you did! (worship) )

-J.

(But you must have been a friggin psychic loading up on all those GA Tecs when you did! (worship) )

-J.

Jay, the only books that I don't dig from your sig are the WD issue and the modern stuff. Rest of it :cloud9:

I guess I'm a GA/SA/BA kinda guy :grin:

It is still the most watched show on TV though.

Chris, I wouldn't watch it even if you paid me.

I haven't enjoyed it much the last few years, but I still watch. Largely because my wife enjoys it. I'd take Game of Thrones over it any day of the week.

Having said that, I still really enjoy the comic each month. I'm a bit behind simply because I'm not reading moderns as quickly as I used to.

Having said all that, I'd much rather spend 2k on a silver age Spidey key any day of the week.

I can't post pictures on my phone but gpa wd 1 cgc 9.8 SS

End of conversation

what part of "3-4 years from now" did you not understand ?

Too many people will have (and probably have already ) bought in at much higher than $1500 for that to be likely.

The book has transcended speculation a long time ago. One of the few books that got an alternative media bump to do so. It's legitimately mainstream now. When the show eventually does and there will be additional spin-offs, theatrical releases, reboots, syndication, etc. Kirkman has also said that the comic will continue on long after the show ends.

Speaking of the actual comic- it is a bona fide "run title" as well now (no pun intended). Collectors will not be selling the #1 out of their sets very lightly. I don't claim to predict what a book will or won't be worth in four years because external factors having nothing to do with the show or the title can impact that.

But as a comic, a franchise, and a piece of pop culture, with crossover appeal Walking Dead is as about as rock solid of a success story as you're going to get in this hobby. Period, exclamation point. (so if you don't already have one, get one, especially if you're a fan)

-J.

+1 :applause:

Well said!

+2 , agreed, very well said. i think the problem is that people who don't like Moderns to begin with or like their older comics, just can't see how well a Modern is especially a major hit as the Walking Dead. This book will grow and grow, DEAD never dies, but we will.

-J.

I'll leave you fan boys to buy up all the drek copies.

haters_gonna_hate_batman_skating-14282.jpg

3 years ago WD was in season what, 2 ? Things were going well for the show. It was in full swing and interesting. Past tense.

Also 3 years ago people were saying WD 1 9.8 would likely be selling for 5K by now. Ummm.... no.

Actually, Season 2 was plagued with a number of problems. Along with financial problems, cutting salaries, they had a falling out with Frank Darabont. When a big show fires an executive producer and the guy who helped develop the show I'm pretty sure the sh*t hit the fan. I read some where AMC execs were talking about the lame idea to opt for "zombie noises" instead of having actual zombies in episodes. Season 2 was probably the most drawn out, soap opera feel of the series in my opinion and it shows with all the behind the scenes drama. The finale was great, but some of those middle episodes were very dull and would say its low point of the series as whole. Thats when i took a break from it entirely and just waited for whole seasons. I picked back up probably a year later and binged 3 and 4. I wouldnt say its the best show out there at all, but it has its moments.

Edited by perdvenom

WD 1 in 9.8

GPA

2014 $1,982

2015 $2,075

12 month Avg. $2,233

90 day ($2,417)

last sale $2900.

Issue 2 has nice upgrades across the board as well

Not too shabby.

Not everyone likes moderns, but I find fun stuff from all ages.

Edited by Rip

WD 1 in 9.8

GPA

2014 $1,982

2015 $2,075

12 month Avg. $2,233

90 day ($2,417)

last sale $2900.

Not too shabby.

How dare you quote facts that run counter to Gotham Kid's premise that the bubble has already burst??! We don't have time for such nonsense, just get on board that this a $1,500 book, AT BEST!

:makepoint:

:insane:

WD 1 in 9.8

GPA

2014 $1,982

2015 $2,075

12 month Avg. $2,233

90 day ($2,417)

last sale $2900.

Not too shabby.

How dare you quote facts that run counter to Gotham Kid's premise that the bubble has already burst??! We don't have time for such nonsense, just get on board that this a $1,500 book, AT BEST!

:makepoint:

:insane:

:signfunny:

:applause: