• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Well - I'm pretty sure we saw the 'climax' 

Spoiler

as soon as we saw dumpster chick with the helicopter. Knew Rick wasn't going to die and be whisked away.

The time jump has now happened - so hello Magna and co

Betcha Negan is now leader next episode.

At least issue

Spoiler

gets a bump!

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!"

or...

"Best of! Most of! 
Satiate the need 
Slip them into different sleeves! 
Buy both, and feel deceived "

Pick whatever works either for the show or the comics industry. 

4 hours ago, nearmint said:

What death?

Exactly. He never died on the show. It was only implied on the actual show that he could have for one commercial break. The whole "Rick Grimes's last episodes" thing was a ruse. I called it before it aired, and was very excited to hear that Rick Grimes would continue on. The show has definitely lost viewership the last few years, but Walking Dead is not "dying". This property may not be as popular with the general public as it was a couple of years ago, but it is still a force. I'm definitely excited by the news that was outlined by Gimple on The Talking Dead. Just knowing that Rick is still alive and will still be played by Andy Lincoln going forward was probably the best news that fans of this show/comic could have gotten. 

On 9/19/2018 at 4:40 PM, delekkerste said:

Comics in their 15th year of publication, TV show in its 9th season, comic conventions all over the world, theme park rides and attractions, movies on the way featuring original "Rick", trading cards and other memorabilia. This show and particularly its spin-offs could run forever. Anyone who likes any part of the WD story/universe could easily become a buyer of the early comic books. And so few were printed. Buy, buy, buy!

Edited by StephenWA
Typo

Surely the death of you know who gives readers an opportunity to stage their exit.  Should be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Surely the death of you know who gives readers an opportunity to stage their exit.  Should be interesting. 

I'm taking the opportunity to drop the floppies, but will likely continue to follow along in trade format.

Edited by mrwoogieman
tipo!

Back issue prices dipping, new issue interest decreasing...seems like a good time to buy in!

Seven of the last 10 WD 9.8 sales under $2000 on GPA

A couple under $1800

Killing Rick might not have been the best idea.............unless you are looking to buy. hm

1 hour ago, Beige said:

Seven of the last 10 WD 9.8 sales under $2000 on GPA

A couple under $1800

Killing Rick might not have been the best idea.............unless you are looking to buy. hm

Michonne is also leaving the show as Hollywood continues to see Danai Gurira as a valuable commodity. 

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Michonne is also leaving the show as Hollywood continues to see Danai Gurira as a valuable commodity. 

Didn't know that. Thanks.

So that's Rick, Michonne, Carl, Maggie, and a few B graders like Jesus and Enid in 12 months. Morgan and Dwayne have gone to 'FTWD'

Hard to keep a show going when over half the main characters are 'dead'

If Carol and Daryl leave - it's basically a bunch of unknowns left.

Going to take some seriously good writing to save the show - unless we have another 'reset'.

I still have no idea why the show-runners decided it was a good idea to kill Carl.

Madness.

I sold my WD #1's a couple of years back - hopefully down the track I can get a #1, #2, #3 and #19 at a better price.:luhv:

The early comics #1 - #48 and first 5 seasons of the show were, and still are incredibly good.

I remember when monthly comic sales were over 100,000 - now I believe they are down to under 40,000? (Ricks death will bump it a bit for a while I guess)

It's sad to see how poor both the show and comic have become, although 'Fear' Season 5 is much better.

I'm genuinely sad to see the state of both now.