• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I stopped watching the show and reading the books a few years ago now.   How did Rick die?  

Based on the previews of the current show I'd have to guess he died of boredom.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Based on the previews of the current show I'd have to guess he died of boredom.

lol  

I should've been more specific.  How does he die in the comic book?  

41 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

lol  

I should've been more specific.  How does he die in the comic book?  

To prevent anyone from reading it that has been living under a rock.

Spoiler

Kid named Sebastian shot him in the chest at the end of #191.  That didn't end him, he managed to get a few more words out in #192 before Sebastian shot him some more for good measure.  He fell back and bled out.

Carl came in the next morning and found him zombified, quickly putting one between the eyes.

38 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Today.  The WD bubble burst today.  

I doubt it will ever burst, but it's been slowly deflating since the 2016/17 peak. I got yelled at a year or two ago when I suggested that WD 1 was a bad buy at current prices. The end of the series definitely doesn't improve that outlook.

That $20k sale for a 9.9 last year doesn't seem like a great buy. :eek:

Waiting for prices to tank a bit more before I start buying. But I WILL be buying, at some point.

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Waiting for prices to tank a bit more before I start buying. But I WILL be buying, at some point.

Yeah I am going to get all the issues at some point as well.  Will likely only want key issues slabbed though.

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
23 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah I am going to get all the issues at some point as well.  Will likely only want key issues slabbed though.

I'm on board too, there are a couple of "if's" that may need to work themselves out, and hopefully by that time it isn't too late lol 

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I had 9.8's of the first 10 issues, and a couple of others (1st Michonne). Bought them raw, had them pressed and subbed. Sold them during the second season of the show, which I assumed would be the peak of its popularity. I wasn't smart enough to see it lasting several more years. I think I got around $900 for the #1, though itmay have been closer to $750.  At the time, whatever I got, it was a very good price, and I was pleased.

Then I sat back and grimaced as the price on the #1 climbed up to $2500. 

Have been kicking myself ever since, but vowed that if they got back to around $1k, I'd be a buyer. I'm not sure we'll ever see it sink that low. But I can hope!

I may have said this earlier, but I think it will eventually settle in the 1200-1600 range for a 9.8.