• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Yes I agree that seeing how the zombies played out all around the world was something Id hoped wed see.... But FEAR told the LA story.  not all that different was it?  Mostly different characters to like, dislike, and say goodbye to.

56 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

to me what you suggest as a next direction for the show etc, rebuilding society is the PROBLEM bot the solution.  The comic got to the point where they were safe from the walkers, and were telling these stories of rebuilding, and it just not al that interesting.  It will take decades, or a century. You wanna watch all that incremental evolution of all the mundane stuff we live with?  Wheres the story in the?  You'd need drama and excitement, and thats just the Big Bad cycle all over again.  Isn't this why Kirkman ended the series because of what was left to tell wasn't worth ten more years oc comics stories? Why would it work on TV or in the movies?

Walking Dead was about waking up in a horrible new world.  That was the hook.  But we are long past that now after 15 years of adventures... 

it wouldn't be the exact when everything goes back to normal.. it would be about forming a new order the battles between the living and the dead, a fight for a cure or possible restoration of returning some thought to walkers kind of like Fido. there could be epic stories of the first generation of humans to fight back at the walkers... 

stories are there battles loses of key people the battle to who will lead the new world order will a few become rich and control everything will the walkers fight back for their right to "live" mix in a bit of land of the dead in there as well.. so much to do still I think... 

59 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Yes I agree that seeing how the zombies played out all around the world was something Id hoped wed see.... But FEAR told the LA story.  not all that different was it?  Mostly different characters to like, dislike, and say goodbye to.

ok so if you were the producer/and or writer what would you do to bring life into the Walking Dead? 

I mean give the walkers a cure that turns them kind of knowledgeable again and have them fight back in better ways to form their own society.. against the living society... that could be interesting.. the walking dead already had a instance where walkers were smart in the first season.. the wife tried to open the door and they ran sometimes.. also the little girl in the pilot picked up a teddy bear and started to run at rick... so she could have some ability to learn or be human like inside.. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10496249/the-walking-dead-plot-hole-pilot-episode-run-memories/

23 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

it wouldn't be the exact when everything goes back to normal.. it would be about forming a new order the battles between the living and the dead, a fight for a cure or possible restoration of returning some thought to walkers kind of like Fido. there could be epic stories of the first generation of humans to fight back at the walkers... 

stories are there battles loses of key people the battle to who will lead the new world order will a few become rich and control everything will the walkers fight back for their right to "live" mix in a bit of land of the dead in there as well.. so much to do still I think... 

:sick:

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:sick:

why not have you seen Fido that zombie wife in the basement... you know you wanna :luhv: :roflmao:just no french kissing now... lol 

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

why not have you seen Fido that zombie wife in the basement... you know you wanna :luhv: :roflmao:just no french kissing now... lol 

I have not seen a single minute of TWD show.

I'm right there with you, but I have seen a minute or two, just not a whole episode lol 

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Fido is a zombie movie. I was taking parts of it to maybe evolve the walkers in the walking dead.. such as they gain back some of their humanity... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fido_(film)

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm right there with you, but I have seen a minute or two, just not a whole episode lol 

who are you with me or the GOAT? 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

who are you with me or the GOAT? 

This isn't self explanatory? lol 

7 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I have not seen this either, but my mind immediately jumped to Shaun of the Dead :foryou: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have not seen this either, but my mind immediately jumped to Shaun of the Dead :foryou: 

yeah its kind of like that but some zombies have regained their former self and live in a suburbs 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yeah its kind of like that but some zombies have regained their former self and live in a suburbs 

I own a Zombie Tramp LCSD book, I imagine it's something like that as well? 

Giving the zombies new traits I'm sure would bring the story along a little, or give something different.. and I'm sure they have thought along those lines for something in the future :) 

I just couldn't get into it as a steady watch, but also, I don't have cable etc and trying to binge watch on Netflix seemed tedious, what with waiting a long time before seeing episodes and avoiding spoilers that whole time lol 

The Comic was pretty sweet  :) 

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I own a Zombie Tramp LCSD book, I imagine it's something like that as well? 

I was actually going to look into that series I can stop buying ASM books. lol is it any good? 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Giving the zombies new traits I'm sure would bring the story along a little, or give something different.. and I'm sure they have thought along those lines for something in the future :) 

I just couldn't get into it as a steady watch, but also, I don't have cable etc and trying to binge watch on Netflix seemed tedious, what with waiting a long time before seeing episodes and avoiding spoilers that whole time lol 

The Comic was pretty sweet  :) 

the show splinters away from the book I have to finish that series I have read some but never sat down to go through it all... :facepalm:

After reading the proposed direction/story lines the story should take in this thread, I'm glad Kirkman decided to kill the series rather than hand it over. 

Civilization building in the aftermath of some apocalypse would not make for riveting, or even interesting, viewing. Go play Sim or whatever, it'll scratch the itch.