• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

the greatest TV dramas (and this ain't remotely one of them) have about a 5-7 year shelf life before they either go into decline or when the brilliant creators bring them to an end. so i'd say the show will keep chugging along for another several years, the series will keep on but the buzz will be gone and if the art continues to deteriorate i'd say #200 seems like a logical guess as to when it'll wrap.
So what do you think for a current running tv series that could fit in the realm of great is? The Office? 30 Rock? Breaking Bad? Lucky for me I can get into a lot of crime shows like csi,ncis,etc otherwise tv today is lacking greatness. Married with Children and Seinfeld are my most recent favorites so its been a while since I had a drink of greatness on the tube.

Breaking Bad and Mad Men (i did say dramas)

The schedule for the book, while consistent, is showing in terms of the storylines and general art. The addition of the variant covers is a turn off to me. I remember having to read it every month...I'm more or less forgetting about it, even despite what happened in #100. Like the survivors, I feel like we've simply wandered in terms of a story since #48.

No one will admit the book is cracking...everyone is still on their TWD high. Make no mistake---everything rises and falls...and I think we will reach the top with season three. After that, I think we will start noticing a drop--it won't happen overnight---but it will happen.

Any predictions on when or even if the walking dead price bubble will burst?

After s3 if it is no good?

As s3 starts because everyone will bring their comics to market hoping to cash in?

its crashing now?

I dont know if any of those are true but opinions would be interesting.

it is directly tied the number of threads started about Walking Dead...

and now we're one closer...

Any predictions on when or even if the walking dead price bubble will burst?

After s3 if it is no good?

As s3 starts because everyone will bring their comics to market hoping to cash in?

its crashing now?

I dont know if any of those are true but opinions would be interesting.

it is directly tied the number of threads started about Walking Dead...

and now we're one closer...

UH OH...

the greatest TV dramas (and this ain't remotely one of them) have about a 5-7 year shelf life before they either go into decline or when the brilliant creators bring them to an end. so i'd say the show will keep chugging along for another several years, the series will keep on but the buzz will be gone and if the art continues to deteriorate i'd say #200 seems like a logical guess as to when it'll wrap.

Agreed, and the ratings peak or height of their popularity is around season 4 or 5. I think we're still good for a couple of years yet.

#1's are still steadily increasing...a universal 9.8 sold for $1,725 yesterday. Dre set the GPA high for a 9.9 at $7,200 last week and the last Sig Series 9.8 publically sold, went for 3k last month.

People are still interested and there obviously are not enough #1's to go around. It was supposed to be quiet this summer and gear up again in October...the lull never happened.

Jim

another TV series that comes to mind is BSG (BattleStar Gallactica) (the re-mix version) it was really hot when it came out...even after a few season it was still hot..... and it really ended with a BANG (with me anyways) BUT Sci-fi tried to keep the ball rolling BUT couldn't (CAPRICA anyone)

I think the same will happened for WD, I'd give WD TV about 4-5 seasons (if the writing continues it's pace)

THE only reason why WD is SO HOT right now is because of the TV series, once the TV series is gone, WD would be lucky to hit 200

I stopped reading the series at issue 48. The Calm Before the Storm was very slow, the first 37 issues or so were awesome, but it got too slow there. I didn't feel enough of a pay off in issue 48. I had lost interest in Rick and wanted him killed off, of course they refused to do this. The series could easily go on without him. At that point i foubd him to be both physically and mentally weak. I also would have liked to have seen a character like Axel developed more instead of wasted. Somewhere on the boards aroubd 2007 I wrote a parody about how how Rick replaces his hand with a hook and takes to the high seas with Dale "Peg Leg" Horovath with the eye patch wearing Governor and his band of pirates in hot persuit. Someone on the boards actually believed this and PMed me to ask me where I heard this new storyline. Others suggested I sent it in for the letters page.

THE only reason why WD is SO HOT right now is because of the TV series, once the TV series is gone, WD would be lucky to hit 200

I somewhat agree with that - once the TV series is gone, casual fans will have moved onto the next zombie pop culture phenom and demand for TWD back issues will wane.

I think that TWD will always be "guide hot" because it's a low print run, but we'll see a drop in value someday. Perhaps after the 4th season?

I am also thinking that TWD will go on and on, so it's not like it will be forgotten. I think it's going to experience a dip in price - but it's really too well written and established to go away completely - even if the zombie craze wanes.

Another thing I can't figure out is why people are so interested to see/predict its failure, demise or bubble bursting? The damn series is bringing life to a medium we all profess to love, and people are chomping at the bit for it to tank. :doh:

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

I personally think the latest couple story arcs have been really quite poor and add into the stunningly atrocious artwork and it's setting up for a serious lull.

For a zombie comic, there's no zombies.

That said, you can understand why, after a while the only way you can really go is to have the group just come up again and again against other groups and maybe kill off a character or so.

Ultimately boring.

Negan is just another governor, who cares.

Rick got his hand chopped off, what shall we do now? Shoot Carl in the face. If the character doesn't die I reckon every one of them will have at least one limb missing or hideous injury each.

I Reckon Andrea is due to get her nose cut off.

Bit silly really.

I personally think the latest couple story arcs have been really quite poor and add into the stunningly atrocious artwork and it's setting up for a serious lull.

For a zombie comic, there's no zombies.

That said, you can understand why, after a while the only way you can really go is to have the group just come up again and again against other groups and maybe kill off a character or so.

Ultimately boring.

Negan is just another governor, who cares.

Rick got his hand chopped off, what shall we do now? Shoot Carl in the face. If the character doesn't die I reckon every one of them will have at least one limb missing or hideous injury each.

I Reckon Andrea is due to get her nose cut off.

Bit silly really.

I love Walking Dead, but it will never beat the champion of all zombie adventures.

When it`s all said and done this will be ranked ahead.

The true king of zombie horror.

1.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Another thing I can't figure out is why people are so interested to see/predict its failure, demise or bubble bursting? The damn series is bringing life to a medium we all profess to love, and people are chomping at the bit for it to tank. :doh:

Jim

It is very simple. Haters gonna hate.