• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy Comics
3 3

278 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

Sure! I have a few copies left and am in the process of setting up an online store on my website; once I have it up and running, I'll shoot you a message. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Right on!If I may,my preferred cover would be the 120 pictured,but I'd still be happy to support you if it's not available.

Again great job!

As most of you know, earlier this year I finally published the first issue of my continuation of the Boy Comics series, The Crimebusters. Well, I'm excited to say that I'm almost done with issue #2, which will be heading to Kickstarter on January 28. And as I am doing for every issue, I've done a Boy Comics variant cover which carries on the legacy of the original series, featuring the original logo and numbering. 

In this issue, Chuck and his new partner Trixie Trouble are also joined by special guest star Yankee Longago! Yankee Longago first appeared way back in 1942's Boy Comics #3 in the same issue where Crimebuster debuted. Created by the great Briefer, Yankee Longago was a kid who could travel to the past in his dreams, and you were never quite sure if his adventures were just dreams, or if they truly happened. In this issue, Chuck meets a now-grownup Yankee Longago, who has discovered he can induce these time travel dreams in other people as well — something Chuck and Trixie will find very handy as they attempt to solve a cold case from the 1890's!

Given that I wanted to feature Yankee Longago on the cover, it only seemed fitting to do it as an homage to Simon and Kirby's classic Sandman cover from Adventure Comics #74. It honestly gives me a thrill every time I do one of these Boy Comics covers! I can't wait to hold it in my hand and add it to my Boy Comics collection!

2135885135_boycomics121variantIG.jpg.9105acf9758aaa2ab99f4c7f4f191e2e.jpg

On 12/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, Crimebuster said:

As most of you know, earlier this year I finally published the first issue of my continuation of the Boy Comics series, The Crimebusters. Well, I'm excited to say that I'm almost done with issue #2, which will be heading to Kickstarter on January 28. And as I am doing for every issue, I've done a Boy Comics variant cover which carries on the legacy of the original series, featuring the original logo and numbering. 

In this issue, Chuck and his new partner Trixie Trouble are also joined by special guest star Yankee Longago! Yankee Longago first appeared way back in 1942's Boy Comics #3 in the same issue where Crimebuster debuted. Created by the great Briefer, Yankee Longago was a kid who could travel to the past in his dreams, and you were never quite sure if his adventures were just dreams, or if they truly happened. In this issue, Chuck meets a now-grownup Yankee Longago, who has discovered he can induce these time travel dreams in other people as well — something Chuck and Trixie will find very handy as they attempt to solve a cold case from the 1890's!

Given that I wanted to feature Yankee Longago on the cover, it only seemed fitting to do it as an homage to Simon and Kirby's classic Sandman cover from Adventure Comics #74. It honestly gives me a thrill every time I do one of these Boy Comics covers! I can't wait to hold it in my hand and add it to my Boy Comics collection!

2135885135_boycomics121variantIG.jpg.9105acf9758aaa2ab99f4c7f4f191e2e.jpg

Looks sharp!  But you didn't link how to buy it... 

On 7/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, Diamonddave said:

20190214_222433.jpg

wow when I saw this cover I HAD TO GO READ THIS COMIC!!! The story with He-She is the first story btw. 

Edited by fett

3 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Thanks!

As I mentioned, it will be launching on Kickstarter on January 28, so it will be available to buy at that point - the Kickstarter will run through February 28, at which point I will send it to the printer. I expect people will get their copies some time in April. 

As soon as I have a working link for the Kickstarter, I'll be sharing it - probably mid-January.

:smile:

On 12/17/2019 at 4:56 AM, waaaghboss said:

Here it is!

I'm excited to announce that the second issue of my Boy Comics revival is now live on Kickstarter!

As I posted previously, the Boy Comics variant cover for this issue features not just Crimebuster, but also fellow Boy Comics co-star Yankee Longago! Doubling down! Now I just need to figure out how to work Swoop Storm and Young Robin Hood into future issues...

542961649_boycomics121variantksmontage.jpg.7c1464dc9e5c2fc53d89f18f9ed684ec.jpg

Also, there's another variant cover that may be of interest to some people here. The Kickstarter Exclusive variant — which as you might guess is only available to people who back the project through Kickstarter — is an homage to the cover of Planet Comics #71. It also features the original numbering carried over from Boy Comics:

1858138408_veravariantcoverksmontage.jpg.6eb09b9bb74a2f5431d724e6021104f9.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the support on this project! Needless to say, bringing Crimebuster and Boy Comics back to life is a real passion project for me, and I can't wait to share this new issue with you. And also, not for nothing, get a copy myself for my own collection! :bigsmile:

I know most of you aren't super interested in this, but I am still doing my best to keep the Boy Comics spirit alive!

The newest issue of my self-published continuation of Boy Comics is now live on Kickstarter. We're up to #123 now!

Here's a look at the latest cover, which is an homage to the work of original Boy Comics artist Joe Kubert:

boy_variant_1_13.jpg.1de878406b07c72aa32642419bb0d268.jpg

One more Crimebuster related Kickstarter coming up, but this one in particular I really wanted to share with you all.

That's because I'm super honored to be able to present a never before published cover by the legendary George Tuska

Tuska, of course, made his name at Lev Gleason and worked on some of Crimebuster's original stories in Boy Comics, so being able to present a new Crimebuster cover featuring his art is really humbling for me. 

It will be the cover for the Crimebuster 80th Anniversary Special, which is a 100-page giant in the DC tradition, featuring selected Golden Age reprints, as well as a colorized and remastered edition of my Crimebuster story from Crimebusters #1 (aka Boy Comics #120). 

Here's the cover:

cover.jpg.98a608f632699612b9d101a0c3b6992e.jpg

Fans of the series will recognize, as I did, that this image is based off the classic cover from Boy Comics #6 - note the same tree, house, and outfit on Iron Jaw. 

The full pencils for this were commissioned by a friend of mine who, along with the Tuska family, has given his go ahead to publish this. I then had the full pencils inked by DC and Archie artist Andrew Pepoy, and had it colored as well by colorist Shayne Cui. 

This is one project I'm probably going to lose money on, but it's totally worth it to be able to get this cover out there - and to get one in my own collection! The Kickstarter starts on August 15, but you can check out the pre-launch page now and hit the "Notify Me on Launch" button to make sure you don't miss it. Printing a book this size on demand isn't cheap, so I may not have any extras after this campaign ends. Thanks everyone!!

Well, five years after I started working on my revival and continuation of Boy Comics, I'm excited to say that the first trade collection is now live on Kickstarter:)

Here's a look at the cover for the trade, which is also an homage to Jim Steranko's classic Captain America poster:

BoyComicsvariant-coverprotypesmall.jpg.1ab61c182ad4de747ed46217521a23a4.jpg

As you can see, this collects issues #120-124 (aka The Crimebusters #1-5). The continuity picks up right where the original left off when it was cancelled with #119, with Chuck Chandler at Curtiss Tech. But I have added a supernatural tint to some of his adventures, plus I have brought in some other Golden Age public domain characters both from Boy Comics itself (like Yankee Longago) and from other publishers (such as Granny Gumshoe from Quality Comics).

Anyway, I've loved making these, and I love Boy Comics (obivously! 😁) so I thought I'd share. Thanks for all the support through the years!

Here's the link again if anyone is interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecrimebusters/crimebusters-vol-1/

Edited by Crimebuster

I'd love to see some more Boy Comics back issues!

:x

I sometime think I'm the only one collecting this series!

I'm definitely the only one addled enough to keep making my own new issues. 😜

So while I'm waiting for people to post their old Boy Comics, here's my latest new one - Boy Comics #125 (also known as The Crimebusters #6) will hopefully be hitting Kickstarter in January. You can check out the pre-launch page here to make sure you don't miss out on a copy of the limited edition Boy Comics #125 variant cover, with art by fellow Golden Age fan Jay Piscopo:

6-cover-boyvariant-creamborder.jpg.f862d384134d3b18711d9ead19191e3e.jpg