• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy Comics
3 3

278 posts in this topic

Some of my favorites which may have been posted before but nice to see again.  The issue number 3 is highly restored but it is nice to read the origin story and compare it to the revision published in #30.

26529813854_75d40bb6ff_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Love this one with the insane asylum cover. Biro was just over the top.

comboy24_zpsdmjddayy.jpg

Unfortunately, Crimebuster was not actually on hand to stop this in the actual story, in which the woman's husband tightened her straightjacket so tight that it crushed/suffocated her to death. 

:S

On 10/31/2015 at 2:24 PM, vaillant said:

Thanks for checking. (thumbsu

Yes, the description you give of the centerfold matches what I have: there is a single page (not another wrap) which is attached (glued) to the centerfold.

The other one is glued to the first wrap with the opening and closing ads, and this indeed makes the overall page count of sixty.

It definitely seems it was manufactured this way: the two single pages are neatly (mechanically it seems) cut with an "abundance" and the stapling job definitely looks unaltered and from the manufacturing process.

According to the Keltner Index 60 pages is the correct page count. Issues 11-14 were all only 60 pages. 

Edited by fett

I was at a sci-fi convention yesterday in Boston and wore my Crimebuster cosplay outfit. Even though I accidentally left my stuffed Squeeks at home, not one but two people recognized the costume! I've worn this outfit to a few comic book shows before, and previously the only people who knew the costume were the world's most usual suspects - Roy Thomas, Mark Waid, and Kurt Busiek. Having two regular folks recognize my Crimebuster costume pretty much made my day, and it wasn't even at a comic book comvention. 

The tide is rising! The time is getting ripe for a Crimebuster comeback!!  :whee:

Edited by Crimebuster

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

Having two regular folks recognize my Crimebuster costume

:ohnoez: