• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest.....GRADES ARE IN!!!!!!!

116 posts in this topic

I see the scores, but I don't see the actual grades. Did you post them? Which book came back restored?

Ryan

I was gonna wait for the scans to show the books and the labels.

I should get them in the next day or two.

Miss Fury came back as SA small amount of color touch (I was afraid of that)

10 of the 12 books I sent out came back at a higher grade than I thought. Some came back several grades higher (2.0/2.5 I thought came back as 4.0).

I am impressed, since it was very difficult to judge merely from the scans, without hints on the PQ and possible internal problems.

I guess I got too stranded away by imagination with blue, greens and purples lol but hey… at least I spotted the color touch on the Miss Fury.

Who cares? It‘s a great book!

I’d have kept 'em all raw, you know! ;)

P.S. That’s so generous on your part to give that gift: awesome book, Ryan should be really grateful!

CGC shipped my books already and forgot to image them!!!!!!! So here are the grades,

Book 1 Blue 3.5 cream/off-white nothing hiddin here, bottom staple is barely attached to cover.

IMG-30.jpg

Exciting Comics 42 CGC 4.5 OW/W :news:

Book 2 Blue 4.5 cream/off-white solid VG+ (I hope lol)

IMG_0002-21.jpg

Exciting Comics 44 CGC 5.0 OW/W :news:

Book 3 Blue 6.5 off-white these mid grade books are hard for me to grade, I have seen 7.0-7.5 that look like this book

IMG_0003-22.jpg

Fighting Yank 26 CGC 7.5 C/OW :news:

Book 4 Blue 4.0 cream/off-white there is a red ink pen mark on cover, I hope they do not consider that color touch

IMG_0004-22.jpg

Miss Fury 5 CGC PLOD SA3.0 C/OW :news:

Book 5 Blue 6.5 off-white once again, tough for me to grade with just general wear and no major defects. could grade higher

IMG_0001-27.jpg

Thrilling Comics 61 CGC 6.5 C/OW :news:

Book 6 Blue 3.0 light tan/off-white spine is ROUGH! almost detached and split. would not be surprised if it split while being graded

IMG_0006-21.jpg

Thrilling Comics 73 CGC 2.0 C/OW :news: