• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest.....GRADES ARE IN!!!!!!!

116 posts in this topic

First let me say I think it's a great contest to have and gives people a chance to see and grade books they might not otherwise have the opportunity to grade.

A few items for thought:

How are people supposed to guess PQ without a picture of the interior? lol

Also, not posting back cover scans is actually a hindrance to less experienced graders since they will not know what particular defects they might have missed. Just my 2c

Btw, that Miss Fury is a GREAT cover!

Well it is too late now as books are in the mail. Think Of the contest more like an educated lottery. Last time I did this I did it after I had already sent the books out and found it interesting people's grades and pq guesses based on front covers only. That is why I did it again this way, I almost scanned back covers and centerfolds.

I almost added a known restored superman book, but after seeing the new grading fees I decided it would be not worth the slab it was in.

I could be wrong but I think some people are being too harsh on some of these. Remember, Golden Era books get a little bump...a little consideration...just because they are older than your grandmother.

I could be wrong but I think some people are being too harsh on some of these. Remember, Golden Era books get a little bump...a little consideration...just because they are older than your grandmother.

TellCGC that next time they grade a GA book of mine.

Only nine people have guessed?

I bet if I showed the prize, most of the boards would be taking a guess at it.

Once the books are verified at CGC the contest will be closed until the grades come in.

As soon as they are verified, I will post my guesses and talk about the books.

Only nine people have guessed?

I bet if I showed the prize, most of the boards would be taking a guess at it.

Once the books are verified at CGC the contest will be closed until the grades come in.

As soon as they are verified, I will post my guesses and talk about the books.

It's like the lottery, there are people who always play when the prizes are a 'measly' few million, but when everyone starts talking about the big one, everyone buys a ticket. I just hope I'm close on a few, show that I'm learning

*edit: that was a lie, I hope I win.

I'll give it a shot, with the hopes of not looking completely stupid.

Book 1 ---> Blue 4.0 OW/W

Book 2 ---> Blue 6.5 OW/W

Book 3 ---> Blue 6.5 LT

Book 4 ---> Blue 3.0 CR/OW

Book 5 ---> Blue 6.0 CR/OW

Book 6 ---> Blue 3.0 LT

:cry:

I'll take a shot.

Book 1: Blue 2.5 Off White

Book 2: Blue 4.5 Off White

Book 3: Blue 5.5 Cream to Off White

Book 4: Blue 2.5 Off White