• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books Hitting the Streets: Really! 7/6 *DELETED*

69 posts in this topic

I guess I can't please everyone. If you recall the thread, I got slammed for listing it for the vultures of the board to pick apart, I get slammed for putting books on eBay, and now, to complete the circle, I'm getting slammed for putting books on ComicLink.

Keep in mind this is to help my mother because of the passing of her husband. This includes books that I have great attachment to, and I don't appreciate the flogging here in a public forum.

I think I'll take my ball and go elsewhere. I will officially NOT inform anyone of anything in regards to books I'm selling.

Keep in mind this is to help my mother because of the passing of her husband. This includes books that I have great attachment to, and I don't appreciate the flogging here in a public forum.

I can understand that, but I can also understand the irate nature of some replies.

I remember when you started out, it was going to be an E-Commerce Website for selling the comics, and then it was going to be EBay, or a combination of the two. You also stated for people to NOT EMAIL OFFERS, and I was also under the impression you'd keep us UP-TO-DATE on the auctions, rather than just stealth-listing them on ComicLink, and posting the books you sold on here.

Then again, it's quite possible you had pre-buyers for the recently sold books, and letting them get the jump on a stealth-listing on CL would definitely be the way to go.

I think I'll take my ball and go elsewhere. I will officially NOT inform anyone of anything in regards to books I'm selling.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Oh no, my money.... burning a hole in my pocket... must spend it on Sterlng's books... AIIIEEEEEEE

Oh no, my money.... burning a hole in my pocket... must spend it on Sterlng's books... AIIIEEEEEEE

popcorn.gif

Don't you have some apocolypse theories to ponder on?

Man, I've seen 7 year olds who can act better.

..and yes, I guess I could've calculated my actions better. Sorry COI you didnt get your book. Greggy, get some sleep. JC, well--keep being the "special" guy you are. BOC, hand me some popcorn.

Gnite.

I guess I can't please everyone. If you recall the thread, I got slammed for listing it for the vultures of the board to pick apart, I get slammed for putting books on eBay, and now, to complete the circle, I'm getting slammed for putting books on ComicLink.

Thank you for missing my point entirely. I'm not slamming you for putting the books on Comiclink. What I don't apreciate is the fact that you list books for sale that aren't actually for sale that minute. That's fine, I can wait. You proceed to tell us you don't want haggling, yet you don't even list any prices. You claim you need the cash quickly for your mother, yet you needlessly make the selling of these books a long and complicated ordeal.

From your oiginal post:

I am selling the following books via a web site I am developing. I refuse to pay eBay for the privilege,

Yet you pay Josh for the "privilege", and MORE I might add.

I am counting on word of mouth to help. So, if you can buy these books---PLEASE DO.

And later on in the post:

PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL ME FOR OFFLINE OFFERS, HAGGLE PRICES, ETC.

Kind of contradicting yourself here. I was a buyer who was willing and able to give you the price you want right away, and I'm sure there were other forum members who would have done the same , but you didn't even give us the chance.

The web site, when available, will have HI-RES pics, prices, and integration into PayPal. It will be cheesy but functional. I want to expedite this.

You want to expedite things? Offer to the forum, and list the remains on Comiclink or Ebay.

Here's my point, and please read it carefully because I don't like repeating myself: You have the right to sell your books anyway you choose, whether it's here, Ebay, a personal website, or Comiclink. But do not put up a listing of books, giving the impression you're looking to sell directly to forum members, keep us waiting for a month, then suddenly change the venue in which you intend to sell. Ie: do not give people the impression that they will have direct access to books, if they won't. I was putting money aside, waiting to get the chance to make you an offer. By putting that money aside for a book I really want, I was passing up other stuff for the entire month. That's a waste of my time, and quite frankly, you wasted your own time as well. If you don't trust enough in the forum to just post your books, with prices, to see how things go, THEN DON'T BOTHER POSTING THE LIST IN THE FIRST PLACE! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I think I'll take my ball and go elsewhere. I will officially NOT inform anyone of anything in regards to books I'm selling

I'm sorry that you have to sell books that you love, inorder to help your mother. But business is business, and having enough courtesy to properly market your books has nothing to do with your personal problems. Along with my own, I'm paying off my mother's mortgage, but I don't use this with my clients to excuse poor business practices. I also don't apreciate this self-pity nonsense which seems to be an attempt at making me look like an arse. We all have problems, and I'm sorry for yours, but they have nothing to do with this.

Don't you have some apocolypse theories to ponder on?

Man, I've seen 7 year olds who can act better.

Just commenting on your impeccable selling techniques. Sure makes me want to buy a ton. 27_laughing.gif

Well, Sterling has a good point.

And the Captain has a good point.

People react to stress and problems and selling in different ways. Some handle these things better than others. I believe in professionalism, but I also believe in understanding. Good luck selling your books Sterling 893crossfingers-thumb.gif, and good luck finding the books you want Captain. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif -----Sid

That fence must be uncomfortable Sid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No fence Deathlok. I can understand both viewpoints and can't say that either one of them is wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif

How about CGG or CGC. choose one. Oh that's right you can't. Just pointing out that you continually take the middle road.

flowerred.gif