• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books Hitting the Streets: Really! 7/6 *DELETED*

69 posts in this topic

No fence Deathlok. I can understand both viewpoints and can't say that either one of them is wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif

Except for my comments of course, they're always wrong.

sign-funnypost.gif

That should be your sig line.

classic... 27_laughing.gif

No fence Deathlok. I can understand both viewpoints and can't say that either one of them is wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif

Except for my comments of course, they're always wrong.

Hey, you said it, not me. grin.gif

That fence must be uncomfortable Sid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about CGG or CGC. choose one. Oh that's right you can't. Just pointing out that you continually take the middle road.

flowerred.gif

OK, actually you are right Deathlok. That is because sometimes I can see how both points (or individuals or companies) are either right, useful or make sense. In these two instances you are right. But in many others, for example that thread about kids and publishing adult comics (in the Comics General area), I am most certainly on one side. I take it case by case and do not like just being a peacemaker or "in the middle". But sometimes you need to be able to walk in the shoes of both sides and try to understand why people act a certain way. ----Sid

How about CGG or CGC. choose one. Oh that's right you can't. Just pointing out that you continually take the middle road.

flowerred.gif

OK, actually you are right Deathlok. That is because sometimes I can see how both points (or individuals or companies) are either right, useful or make sense. In these two instances you are right. But in many others, for example that thread about kids and publishing adult comics (in the Comics General area), I am most certainly on one side. I take it case by case and do not like just being a peacemaker or "in the middle". But sometimes you need to be able to walk in the shoes of both sides and try to understand why people act a certain way. ----Sid

893scratchchin-thumb.gifhi.gif

I totally agree with deathlok.

I totally agree with Bassman.

They make strong contradictory points & I agree with both.

I am not a fence sitter.

sign-funnypost.gif

Captain: Yes, I changed my stance on my approach on selling multiple times, with missteps. No arguments from me there. Nice recap. I did indicate that most of the books I listed here were going on eBay. I did promise to communicate if/when books were going online, I would communicate it. To my knowledge, this post on 7/4 did that--although the CL listing was a new twist--but I did communicate. From that standpoint, the CL listing did impact you, and for that I apologize.

All: This was a learning experience for me. The whole process was underestimated due to my limited time. (On a personal note, I travel 100% so the weekends are the only time I have with my family as well as to this liquidation--so that explains the delta between my original post and my now inevitable eBay listing). The personal side hasn't helped, but my missteps were indepdendent as to the "why" of the liquidation. I appreciate those being tolerant of this process.

Based on my two experiences, it seems better to just communicate the listings and the venue and take the forum out of the picture altogether. This levels the playing field and allows the market to determine value. This also potentially reduces potential frustration of other members, because I don't poop where I eat. I did communicate that I was NOT going to list the books on the forum, however.

JC, sorry for the jab--I do take selling my stuff seriously though-make no mistake. flowerred.gif I do take all comments to heart though.

Clean the slab: All of my books will be offered through eBay exclusively. If they don't make reserve, I of course have the option of attempting other venues or not to sell at all.

Sincerely,

Sterling

I totally agree with deathlok.

I totally agree with Bassman.

They make strong contradictory points & I agree with both.

I am not a fence sitter.

Have any of you guys ever seen that movie Fiddler On The Roof?

A group of men are standing around.

One man runs up screaming with some kind of newspaper stating some really big news and starts to read the paper to everyone.

One of the men speaks up and states his views about the situation.

The leader of the group says to him, "You are right!"

Then a different guy speaks up and spouts off with a completely different point of view of the situation.

Then the leader of the group says to this man, "You are right!"

Then yet another man speaks up and says to the leader, "Hey, they can't BOTH be right."

Then the leader says to this man, "You are right!"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Leave it to the Dolt Express to miss the obvious meaning. A real Think Tank going on in here. foreheadslap.gif

Leave it to a bitter, cynical [!@#%^&^] to miss the obvious and dripping kidding. You really are a real ray of sunshine.

Leave it to the Dolt Express to miss the obvious meaning. A real Think Tank going on in here. foreheadslap.gif

Leave it to a bitter, cynical [!@#%^&^] to miss the obvious and dripping kidding. You really are a real ray of sunshine.

I thought we were the person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point Squad or something like that anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought we were the person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point Squad or something like that anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's what ya get for missing so many meetings, MK. We've changed our name several times since then! mad.gif

flowerred.gif

Diplomat butts into hot disputes, presuming that the combatants will welcome and appreciate his even-handed and eminently reasonable mediation. Frankly, he gets what he deserves..

Arbitor.jpg

Based on my two experiences, it seems better to just communicate the listings and the venue and take the forum out of the picture altogether. This levels the playing field and allows the market to determine value. This also potentially reduces potential frustration of other members, because I don't poop where I eat. I did communicate that I was NOT going to list the books on the forum, however.

I think this is the second thread I've seen on this topic and in both people seemed to get pizzed off because of your indecisiveness. Here's a suggestion. Decide what you are going to do, do it, then let people know you're selling your books and provide a link.

I can understand wanting to put some thought into how you will be selling your comics, but dragging board members down your road of indecisiveness is not only rude, it's going to hurt your bottom line.

We were all in Sterling's shoes at one time.

Cut him a little slack.

He's trying to help out his mother.

And I've been been on this board for a while and some of you 893censored-thumb.gifs

have messed up a time or two.

So cut out the "holier than thou" [!@#%^&^]!