• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLATROCK02 (MIKE,) please refer to new thread for the family, thank you:)

1,302 posts in this topic

I did want to update this thread weeks ago, but Sandy and a few other things got in my way.

If you check my last post, you will see more information added. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, Mike (Flatrock02) has Cancer. He has a large cell tumor in his chest that is affecting his ability to eat, talk, etc. In the past few months, he's lost more than 45 lbs.He needs a feeding tube to get nutrition.

Fortunately, it is being treated with radiation and chemo, but the treatments are taking a toll on him leaving him without the energy to work. This is difficult for him, because Mikes a hard worker...I don't want to embarrass him, but he's always working at least 2 jobs, plus eBay and board sales to support his family.

We don't know how long it's going to be before he can get back to work, but it seems like it will be a while.

Mike has a wife and a young daughter. His wife is not employed.

He's applied for disability, but that will not be available for a number of weeks and it's probably going to be less than half his salary. He has no other financial aid from his employer. I know that things are very tight and stressful for him right now.

Mike has been a boardie since 2006 ,he's a relatively quiet man with never a bad word to say about anyone. I've had the privilege of meeting him several times at Wizard World and he's the same in person, as he is here.

1. Anyone in good standing may post an item for sale, it does not have to be a comic, but it is encouraged to be at least comic related. Feel free to post multiple items

2. :takeit: must be posted in the thread to confirm all purchases If a buyer wants to be anonymous then the seller must post that item is no longer available.

3. Seller's option on whether shipping is included in sale price, and if you are including shipping please specify if it's limited to certain areas.

4. Cash donations gladly accepted.

Please PM me, if you want to make a donation, or if you have purchased an item and want to make payment. I will give you Flatrock's Paypal address. All payments and cash donations will go directly to Mike's Paypal account, or his home address. Once payment has been confirmed, I can verify electronically when payment is made and I will notify the the seller that it's OK to ship.

Here is the link to the announcement thread I put in General. People have said some lovely (and true) things about Mike there (in case you don't know him well).

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5957422&fpart=1

I'm going to start the ball rolling with this item.

Original Art Page 22 from Classic's Illustrated, Lorna Doone, by the wonderful Matt Baker. $350, payment to go directly to Mike. SOLD

Priority shipping will be free, but if someone from out of the US buys it, I will have to mail it in a tube. I got it home from Wizard World that way, so it should be fine.

baker.jpg

baker002.jpg

baker003.jpg

baker004.jpg

Allow me to add to what Sharon said. If anyone chooses to pay by PayPal Personal, it would be greatly appreciated. That way Mike and his family won't lose any money in fees. This is a charity thread after all :foryou:

Now down to business. Spirit #3 Big Apple copy (comes with certificate) VG/VGF. Would be NM if not for moisture damage visible in scans. $150 w/shipping included in the US. Will work with anyone overseas. Payment to be made to Mike's PayPal account SOLD

SpiritfrontBigApple.jpg

Spiritback.jpg

SOLD!

Dr. Strange BA series begins. Barry Smith cover and interior art. Beautifully registered black picture frame cover. $150 includes domestic and Canadian shipping. Add eight bucks more and it will go overseas. Please contact Skypinkblu regarding payment.

MPremiere3cgc.jpg

Our Army at War #235 CGC 9.0 Don Rosa - $50 shipped anywhere. All funds to Mike's family.

Consider this also a donation from Fazybones, as she sent this to me out of the kindness of her heart and I'm sure she'll be very happy to see it support a very worthy cause.

OurArmyatWar235CGC90DonRosa.jpg

Dr. Strange BA series begins. Barry Smith cover and interior art. Beautifully registered black picture frame cover. $150 includes domestic and Canadian shipping. Add eight bucks more and it will go overseas. Please contact Skypinkblu regarding payment.

MPremiere3cgc.jpg

:takeit: