• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sold!!

120 posts in this topic

I'm curious. Your past auction stated that there are only a handful of copies out there. Are you generalizing or do you actually know the number of copies like yours out there? Just wondering how you know that. :popcorn:

I'm curious. Your past auction stated that there are only a handful of copies out there. Are you generalizing or do you actually know the number of copies like yours out there? Just wondering how you know that. :popcorn:

I'd like to know that as well.

Can someone pass the butter? I'm gonna be here a while.

:popcorn:

Jerome

Didn't you promise to divulge the background of how you acquired the copy listed on Ebay, once the auction was finished?

EDIT: I guess it was just the buyer who got to know.

i'll tell the guy who wins

I'd like to know that as well.

Can someone pass the butter? I'm gonna be here a while.

Jerome

Hey buddy when you get up can you grab me a soda?

I tried so hard to keep my 2c to myself and my opinion on the way CGC handled this matter, so I did not post anything about it on the other thread, but after seeing this, the only thing I can ask myself is...

HOW THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ONE PERSON TO HAVE MULTIPLES OF THIS BOOK UNSIGNED???

(shrug)???

I'm not hating by any means, it's just that there were only supposed to be 10 unsigned books, so the probability of one person having 5+ is slim to none... yet, here they are... It's mind boggling to say the least...

Don't know now if I should continue to kick myself for passing up on a signed one for $300 at LCS...

hm

Way to singlehandedly undermine the whole fcking CGC Sig Series.

Wouldn't this fall on CGC for allowing this whole clusterbleep to happen in the first place? (shrug) This is pretty much why a lot of people had a problem with the way this was handled.

Yes. Sadly.

I think CGC had good intentions, and wanted to be part of a unique offering. They underestimated the probability the process would be subverted.

I tried so hard to keep my 2c to myself and my opinion on the way CGC handled this matter, so I did not post anything about it on the other thread, but after seeing this, the only thing I can ask myself is...

HOW THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ONE PERSON TO HAVE MULTIPLES OF THIS BOOK UNSIGNED???

(shrug)???

I'm not hating by any means, it's just that there were only supposed to be 10 unsigned books, so the probability of one person having 5+ is slim to none... yet, here they are... It's mind boggling to say the least...

Don't know now if I should continue to kick myself for passing up on a signed one for $300 at LCS...

hm

Yes. Bad spine or not, if it grades above a 9.0 i would've taken it for 300.

(shrug)???

hm

Yes. Bad spine or not, if it grades above a 9.0 i would've taken it for 300.

So then I will continue to kick myself! I hesitated, went back for it later and it was GONE! :pullhair:

Midtown Comics has a really crappy looking one (had it as of this past Saturday evening) and they're asking $800 for it!! At that price they probably still have it, but in retrospect, I should've jumped on the one my LCS had...

Oh well, the fun reading the other thread has eased my pain a bit and this thread will probably be even better! lol

Long story short, Image has CGC grader account for 500 copies (490?) of the signed WD 100 uber special variant. These were sent to retailers with the understanding that they could be sent in once purchased from your LCS, to CGC. Strange way around the CGC SS procedure, but if it was done and understood by both partiest, whatevs, but still sketch. You or I cannot receive a sig and then submit after the fact. It's immediate. But i digress.

CGC acknowledged that 10 copies had not been signed. No one really knew what that meant, but that definitely left the possibility of someone snagging one, faking a sig, then sending it in for CGC SS.

Then, this dude cames along with FIVE COPIES UNSIGNED. Which, sure there could be 5 left unsigned and that's it. But i doubt it. So, there may be others that aren't signed that CGC doesn't know about, which opens them up to forgery scrutiny, all because they wanted to do something that was special and nice and this is why we can't have nice things.