• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sold!!

120 posts in this topic

Way to singlehandedly undermine the whole fcking CGC Sig Series.

Also good way to not make the most money out of it that you could by say slowly leaking 1 every couple months.

maybe your right... but in the grand scheme of things Im just trying to connect people to their passions.. I'll let someone else take advantage of opportunities in the market..

Can't believe nobody has called you out on this bs yet :lol:

You got $700 for the first one because people (wrongly) assumed it was a freak of a nature - a 1 of 1 book. If you had put up a picture of the 5 other copies you own, bidding would never have gone that high because it's now fairly obvious that there's a stack of these unsigned copies in the wild. You & I both know that this book has nowhere to go but down, so the smart move is get your books offloaded fast - which is exactly what you're trying to do here :thumbsup:

Mike's right that most of the premium between this and the signed copies was its perceived rarity. However, anyone with that perception was acting foolishly to begin with.

Wow... oh wow. I feel a disturbance in the force.

:popcorn:

Nah, I have zero problems with the OP trying to make as much money as possible here - I just thought it was hilarious that he was trying to pretend he was doing this "to connect people to their passions".

Graded on 08/24 - when did the retailers actually receive this book?

I know my LCS got theirs almost two weeks ago. I remember looking over their copy when I came in on Sunday the 19th to help them with the Previews order.

As someone who works in the printing industry I can say that these books leaking through the cracks doesn't surprise me at all.

I'll also say that all employees in the trade have to sign nondisclosure agreements and every one of them know that this is theft and illegal.

If someone were to give this information to the management team at the printer and the publisher, I'm sure it would be easy for them to figure out who did it and terminate their employment as well as prosecute them legally.

This carries over to the OP of this thread that is selling the stolen merchandise.

If the thieves are fired and put in jail, it sure is a deterrent to people doing similar crimes in the future.

The material in all stages of production are property of the publisher. Not the printer.

Man... if i had these books in front of me I wouldn't touch them without KNOWING the source.

I would touch them...a lot.

Jerome

If I had them I'd draw a big on the front cover and send them to CGC and get Kirkman Sig Series on them. hm

As someone who works in the printing industry I can say that these books leaking through the cracks doesn't surprise me at all.

I'll also say that all employees in the trade have to sign nondisclosure agreements and every one of them know that this is theft and illegal.

If someone were to give this information to the management team at the printer and the publisher, I'm sure it would be easy for them to figure out who did it and terminate their employment as well as prosecute them legally.

This carries over to the OP of this thread that is selling the stolen merchandise.

If the thieves are fired and put in jail, it sure is a deterrent to people doing similar crimes in the future.

The material in all stages of production are property of the publisher. Not the printer.

it should be super obvious that my product isnt stolen.. i mean cmon...

check out my sold items for the past 2 weeks

http://www.ebay.com/csc/m.html?_sop=13&_since=15&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=rh3522&_ipg=200&rt=nc

does it seem plausible that I would be going around the world to every printing place that these publishers do business with to get all this stuff?

a lot of its 10 + years old! wouldnt my ebay feedback be a lot higher if I had a hustle that intricate for that long!

One person on this board had the sense to figure out where I got these and inboxed me.. I applaud that person for looking at the facts and figuring it out himself...

You guys could figure this out if you avoided jumping to conclusions, or basing your opinions on other peoples opinions IE their potential bias, prejudice, intolerace, guess-work, hear-say evidence and ignorance.

and as far as just telling you guys.. I'd hate to reward laziness by satisfying shallow curiosities.. if you genuinely cared you'd figure it out... Dont be angry with me because I want you to think...

And lastly, like many have stated, how I got these doesnt matter.. many of you are missing the point if you dont see I could be your "guy"..

emili00bautista@gmail.com