• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sold!!

120 posts in this topic

Needless to say this is one book I will not be going after! If a total of ten unsigned copies are out there supposedly and five are in and/or have been in the hands of one seller, yes this gives me great pause!

At least 6 actually. He already sold one on eBay.

Bunch of thread carping hypocrites here.

:baiting:

Hey Brian, :hi:

so did CGC manage to fist themselves by handling this book like they did? hm

Yes.

what a weird way to go about bragging being friends with someone :lol:

for those that want to do the same, just google his e-mail address

head over to the nike forum he posts on, go to his profile and lurk the comic related posts he has posted in - you can see him talking about an upcoming comic to check out that his friend writes (Stephenson // nowhere men)

he mentions his friends upcoming comic there, he is a good writer and in regards to and he mentions how he is going to try to get 20 copies signed to give away on that forum later on once it's out (nowhere men) and posts a photo of his TWD/chew haul which has pretty much all the variants minus the ones here (comixology/escape/sketch/etc) and 4-5 copies of the poyo foil covers

and in another thread talks about not falling victim to false rareness - and if thre are any TWD collectors on there get them to ebay ASAP (not referencing this unsigned issues as those aren't pictured)

the internet: a place for creeps to google your name/e-mail address/MB handles

/creep

edit: this is all assuming it is true. a simple "i got these from one of the high ups at image" would be better but even then - most of us would like/expect some kinda provenance to back that up - as any person on the internet can be friends with anyone they want.

Guest Reader
Hey guys,

Due to the unexpected surfacing of unsigned copies of Walking Dead #100 Lucille Variant, and the Signature Series policy conflicts that have arisen due to them, we are putting a time limit on their eligibility for CGC's Signature Series designation. This was supposed to be a good thing for the fans, to add on top of an already cool book given out to retailers as a "thank you" by Image/Skybound, not to cause problems like it has. Nothing but good intentions were behind this original offer, so we're trying to salvage what we can with what was witnessed.

We will be making a post-marked deadline of 9/14/12 in order for the copies to still be eligible for SS, they must be received by the mail carrier on or before that date. Any books received after will get a Qualified label. There will be no exceptions. Any questions, please feel free to call or email Mike Balent. Thanks.

That's a terrible decision.

"I'm leaving the store unattended for one hour so you're all on the honor system."

We know you guys had nothing but good intentions but when this problem was exposed, you should have made the hard correct decision. The validity of the SS label for this book has been compromised. The short window of opportunity you have now provided changes nothing. There is no reason to have a deadline now.

Hey guys,

Due to the unexpected surfacing of unsigned copies of Walking Dead #100 Lucille Variant, and the Signature Series policy conflicts that have arisen due to them, we are putting a time limit on their eligibility for CGC's Signature Series designation. This was supposed to be a good thing for the fans, to add on top of an already cool book given out to retailers as a "thank you" by Image/Skybound, not to cause problems like it has. Nothing but good intentions were behind this original offer, so we're trying to salvage what we can with what was witnessed.

We will be making a post-marked deadline of 9/14/12 in order for the copies to still be eligible for SS, they must be received by the mail carrier on or before that date. Any books received after will get a Qualified label. There will be no exceptions. Any questions, please feel free to call or email Mike Balent. Thanks.

"I'm leaving the store unattended for one hour so you're all on the honor system."

We know you guys had nothing but good intentions but when this problem was exposed, you should have made the hard correct decision. The validity of the SS label for this book has been compromised. The short window of opportunity you have now provided changes nothing. There is no reason to have a deadline now.

But-but-but, Charlie! Sixteen days isn't nearly enough time for any sort of shenanigans to slip through the cracks!

Hey guys,

But-but-but, Charlie! Sixteen days isn't nearly enough time for any sort of shenanigans to slip through the cracks!

nope, nothing could have ever gone wrong with this plan! :insane:

At least there's a deadline for SS now, thanks to this individual_without_enough_empathy...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5965180#Post5965180

It's really not this guys fault, it was a flawed plan in the first place, perhaps even idyllic.

As much as it was for the "fans" it's no secret that CGC charges more money for SS books than Green Labels, and that more books will be sent in for grading if the buyer knows they will come back yellow. This is still a for profit company.

Jim

At least there's a deadline for SS now, thanks to this individual_without_enough_empathy...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5965180#Post5965180

It's really not this guys fault, it was a flawed plan in the first place, perhaps even idyllic.

As much as it was for the "fans" it's no secret that CGC charges more money for SS books than Green Labels, and that more books will be sent in for grading if the buyer knows they will come back yellow. This is still a for profit company.

Jim

I see it as him contributing to the problem. Now I have to rush mine off to CGC before the deadline in order to get the SS label. Selling one here and there might have prevented the deadline from showing up so quickly, but throwing out a photo of 5 (at least, who knows if this clown has more), is just frustrating to say the least.

Jim

I see it as him contributing to the problem. Now I have to rush mine off to CGC before the deadline in order to get the SS label. Selling one here and there might have prevented the deadline from showing up so quickly, but throwing out a photo of 5 (at least, who knows if this clown has more), is just frustrating to say the least.

Tim I agree but as soon as CGC knew their were going to be 10 blue labels, they shouldn't have allowed any yellow labels at all. The idea was flawed from the beginning. It's almost better he brought them to market like this instead, forcing CGC's hand into the decision they should have made in the first place. Leaking them in the marketplace slowly, undetected, once caught, would have tainted the legitimate 490 Yellow Label copies.

Jim