• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sold!!

120 posts in this topic

As someone who works in the printing industry I can say that these books leaking through the cracks doesn't surprise me at all.

I'll also say that all employees in the trade have to sign nondisclosure agreements and every one of them know that this is theft and illegal.

If someone were to give this information to the management team at the printer and the publisher, I'm sure it would be easy for them to figure out who did it and terminate their employment as well as prosecute them legally.

This carries over to the OP of this thread that is selling the stolen merchandise.

If the thieves are fired and put in jail, it sure is a deterrent to people doing similar crimes in the future.

The material in all stages of production are property of the publisher. Not the printer.

it should be super obvious that my product isnt stolen.. i mean cmon...

check out my sold items for the past 2 weeks

http://www.ebay.com/csc/m.html?_sop=13&_since=15&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=rh3522&_ipg=200&rt=nc

does it seem plausible that I would be going around the world to every printing place that these publishers do business with to get all this stuff?

a lot of its 10 + years old! wouldnt my ebay feedback be a lot higher if I had a hustle that intricate for that long!

One person on this board had the sense to figure out where I got these and inboxed me.. I applaud that person for looking at the facts and figuring it out himself...

You guys could figure this out if you avoided jumping to conclusions, or basing your opinions on other peoples opinions IE their potential bias, prejudice, intolerace, guess-work, hear-say evidence and ignorance.

and as far as just telling you guys.. I'd hate to reward laziness by satisfying shallow curiosities.. if you genuinely cared you'd figure it out... Dont be angry with me because I want you to think...

And lastly, like many have stated, how I got these doesnt matter.. many of you are missing the point if you dont see I could be your "guy"..

emili00bautista@gmail.com

So, you want to be my guy?

As someone who works in the printing industry I can say that these books leaking through the cracks doesn't surprise me at all.

I'll also say that all employees in the trade have to sign nondisclosure agreements and every one of them know that this is theft and illegal.

If someone were to give this information to the management team at the printer and the publisher, I'm sure it would be easy for them to figure out who did it and terminate their employment as well as prosecute them legally.

This carries over to the OP of this thread that is selling the stolen merchandise.

If the thieves are fired and put in jail, it sure is a deterrent to people doing similar crimes in the future.

The material in all stages of production are property of the publisher. Not the printer.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/m.html?_sop=13&_since=15&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=rh3522&_ipg=200&rt=nc

does it seem plausible that I would be going around the world to every printing place that these publishers do business with to get all this stuff?

a lot of its 10 + years old! wouldnt my ebay feedback be a lot higher if I had a hustle that intricate for that long!

One person on this board had the sense to figure out where I got these and inboxed me.. I applaud that person for looking at the facts and figuring it out himself...

You guys could figure this out if you avoided jumping to conclusions, or basing your opinions on other peoples opinions IE their potential bias, prejudice, intolerace, guess-work, hear-say evidence and ignorance.

and as far as just telling you guys.. I'd hate to reward laziness by satisfying shallow curiosities.. if you genuinely cared you'd figure it out... Dont be angry with me because I want you to think...

And lastly, like many have stated, how I got these doesnt matter.. many of you are missing the point if you dont see I could be your "guy"..

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. I have no proof you are selling stolen goods. I have no idea. The only thing I do know is that you're selling merchandise that doesn't technically exist.

And lastly, like many have stated, how I got these doesnt matter..

I beg to differ. It really does matter. It matters a lot.

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. I have no proof you are selling stolen goods. I have no idea. The only thing I do know is that you're selling merchandise that doesn't technically exist.

But thanks to CGCs statement last week, this isn't true. By CGCs own admission, there are 10 copies out there unsigned that were blue labeled. Who is to say that these copies are part of that 10, just cracked from the slabs. That's the issue, thanks to those 10 unsigned copies, who can say which books are "legal" and which have "fallen off the truck" :insane:

But thanks to CGCs statement last week, this isn't true. By CGCs own admission, there are 10 copies out there unsigned that were blue labeled. Who is to say that these copies are part of that 10, just cracked from the slabs. That's the issue, thanks to those 10 unsigned copies, who can say which books are "legal" and which have "fallen off the truck" :insane:

"Falling off the truck" isn't legal. :gossip:

No, its not, but those 10 unsigned blue label books are :gossip: There is no way to determine if these books are part of the 10 or not, is there :gossip:

No, its not, but those 10 unsigned blue label books are :gossip: There is no way to determine if these books are part of the 10 or not, is there :gossip:

No. They very well could be cracked and raw now.

No. It's better to be an attention whore.

No. It's better to be an attention whore.

+1

So someone figured it out, good for them. And for those of us who have zero clue as to where to begin our 'investigation'? Who was it that figured it out? Did you swear that person to secrecy? Once one person knows, why not just let everyone in on it, what's the incentive of not telling us (besides trollololing us)? Protect a secret that is already leaked?

Jerome

lets see how many comics do you need to get 500 9.8 ss books ?

So they must of printed few thousand then sorted our 500 or so then got them signed right? So the other thousand or so get mulched right ? So who was incharge of the sorting signing and shreding ?

My guess is the poor sap getting paid 12 bucks a hr shreding comics took a few home !!!!

Lets see a choice = crappy 12 $ a hr go nowere job or 4000$ in books under your shirt ?

As some one above mentioned there are most likely a few books that were left laying around that missed the garbage !

:)

The real crime here is the $700 price

:(

I don't think you're going to do yourself any favors offering these for sale without an explanation that may come to the buyer. Usually when you're dealing with something this unusual (as Dice said, these technically don't exist) there's some kind of explanation for the sale, and, if necessary, some kind of notarized letter accompanying them to prove provenance.

Here, and I say this in the least accusatory manner possible, it just seems like a big hustle. Maybe the sigs were removed, maybe the books were counterfeited, maybe they are 5 of the skybound copies just cracked out of their slabs. Until you tell your prospective market, all will be skeptical.

I don't enjoy jumping to conclusions, so until you provide a reason why these books - that otherwise should not exist - do in fact exist, I'm going to just assume they are illegitimate. Whether that means they were stolen from the printer or counterfeited is, largely, irrelevant.

Don't listen to the people saying they don't/shouldn't exist. The only question is, are they any of the Skybound copies cracked out of their slabs? Or are these other copies? That's it.

Of course, the next question if they're not the slabbed copies is, where did these copies come from?

Jesus Christ. Why don't you just tell us what you're dying to say anyway?

Some of us just don't feel the need to spend time googling everything. So you're in Oakland, skybound is in Oakland. We get it. Doesn't tell anyone if these are the formerly slabbed (CGC graded, certified, encased in plastic) copies we already knew about.

so you are friends with Eric Stephenson, and got your copies from him...cool why not just say it?

so now the question remains are they copies that you had to crack out of a CGC case or were they just loose like they are now when you got them?

so you are friends with Eric Stephenson, and got your copies from him...cool why not just say it?

so now the question remains are they copies that you had to crack out of a CGC case or were they just loose like they are now when you got them?

i think it would be silly to take em out of a cgc case... but if you look at most of the regular signed ones on ebay they're not in a case so Im a little confused by the assumption

the confusion is that there were "500 copies" total in existence. 490 were signed and 10 were accounted for by CGC as unsigned and slabbed in a blue label CGC case... the 490 other copies are eligible thanks to CGC to be sent in to get a yellow label signature series label affixed to them. (IE: you buy the signed copy, you send it into CGC they will put it in a yellow label slab as if they had witnessed you getting that copy signed in person)

that is where the confusion/drama is coming in. it means there are more copies than the 10 blue label slabbed copies out there, and anyone could after the fact forge (or just get it signed) and then send it in to CGC for grading (why anyone would send in a much much rarer unsigned book to CGC with a forged or real signature even is kinda silly) but it breaks the integrity of the system in place by CGC currently where a yellow label SS CGC label means the book was definitely signed in front of a CGC witness.

that is why when your copies popped up - it added more fuel to an already growing fire of discontent.

edit: this is all assuming you are actually friends with him and did get them from him of course - I only put so much faith in what I read on a messageboard for shoes on the internet haha