• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALERT! bijoubaby05 now selling on EBAY as "all things comics" and "comix_code"
2 2

117 posts in this topic

bijoubaby05's selling site has been dormant for some time (no listings) and as it turns out they have transferred over their selling program to their site all things comics.

It appears that they set up all things comics as an alternate site (back when they eradicated the cdpaoli/lexerific sites) to sell off lower grade items, build up some positive feedback...but primarily to use as a purchasing site for books to be bought as one grade and sold at a higher grade or with slabs cracked out and in some cases restored books sold as non-restored, or the restoration not fully disclosed in all aspects on the bb05 site (to obfuscate the provenance/history of the book).

Maybe there was some pressure on the bb05 site so they've taken this road to take the heat off the bb05 site...anyway...

BUYER BEWARE!

all things comics - ebay for sale items

Edited by trmoore54

I like the grab bag for $9.95 showing the Af15 as a possible, POSSIBLE, prize to win. Anybody gets it let me know.

Yeah, i have a weird feeling people will be getting those Silver sable comics and not a nice "lower mid-grade" AF15 hm

Still located in Montrose, California (probably the same mail drop off of Verdugo Blvd) I see, too.

Law enforcement, the IRS, and ebay were all looking at these folks (former group working together), but I don't know what progress has been made.

Same dog, new tricks...

bijoubaby05's selling site has been dormant for some time (no listings) and as it turns out they have transferred over their selling program to their site all things comics.

It appears that they set up all things comics as an alternate site (back when they eradicated the cdpaoli/lexerific sites) to sell off lower grade items, build up some positive feedback...but primarily to use as a purchasing site for books to be bought as one grade and sold at a higher grade or with slabs cracked out and in some cases restored books sold as non-restored, or the restoration not fully disclosed in all aspects on the bb05 site (to obfuscate the provenance/history of the book).

Maybe there was some pressure on the bb05 site so they've taken this road to take the heat off the bb05 site...anyway...

BUYER BEWARE!

all things comics - ebay for sale items

Thanks for posting this alert. Very helpful. (thumbs u

Still located in Montrose, California (probably the same mail drop off of Verdugo Blvd) I see, too.

Law enforcement, the IRS, and ebay were all looking at these folks (former group working together), but I don't know what progress has been made.

Same dog, new tricks...

Is there still an open criminal investigation on these individuals?

If they are crooks like this thread suggests, how is it eBay allows them to sell there and rip off more people? an_burningbag.gifhm

Sorry, but I'm confused.

I've already put this eBay ID on my blocked bidder list.

OK...one of the latest from all_things_comics...

Purchased restored VG- JIM 83 from Harley Yee for $1200 on 9/11...

Note faint handwritten name on cover above MYSTERY...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOURNEY-INTO-MYSTERY-83-1962-VG-1200-RESTORED-/230850413586?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35bfc1c412&nma=true&si=jLJ%2FeFYnUNCG6oDMgtGSdDDMLs0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

upgraded [alot...to 6.5 :o ] and selling less than one week later for $2100... :boo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-Into-Mystery-83-Vol-1-1962-1st-Appearance-Thor-Fine-6-5-/261099956968?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccac52ae8

He did his best to make that signature on the front cover hard to detect, but.....this is the same book. And notice as well he mentions no hand-writing on the cover... :facepalm:

OK...one of the latest from all_things_comics...

Purchased restored VG- JIM 83 from Harley Yee for $1200 on 9/11...

Note faint handwritten name on cover above MYSTERY...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOURNEY-INTO-MYSTERY-83-1962-VG-1200-RESTORED-/230850413586?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35bfc1c412&nma=true&si=jLJ%2FeFYnUNCG6oDMgtGSdDDMLs0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

upgraded [alot...to 6.5 :o ] and selling less than one week later for $2100... :boo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-Into-Mystery-83-Vol-1-1962-1st-Appearance-Thor-Fine-6-5-/261099956968?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccac52ae8

He did his best to make that signature on the front cover hard to detect, but.....this is the same book. And notice as well he mentions no hand-writing on the cover... :facepalm:

Each person's grading is subjective. Yee's VG- is this guy's 6.5. He is giving the grade he thinks the book deserves ( I am giving this comic a grade of Fine+ 6.5 ). It's up to buyers to judge from the scans if they agree/disagree with said grade. He has provided quite a few.

Not sure about the effort made at concealing the signature either. Sig on the book is faint to start, but pic #2 that he provided evidences it.

He has disclosed the resto.

Don't want to play devil's advocate. This guy is probably the piece of everyone paints him to be. Nonetheless, for this particular auction I just don't see it (shrug)

Edited by Peter in Portugal

And notice as well he mentions no hand-writing on the cover... :facepalm:

looks like he follows your posts pretty regularly...

You posted at 8:18 and within an hour his listing has been edited to not include the no hand-writing part of the description...

though I cant see in the revision history any note about the description change... maybe it was in the title (which was changed)

Edited by Miraclemet

You posted at 8:18 and within an hour his listing has been edited to not include the no hand-writing part of the description...

though I cant see in the revision history any note about the description change... maybe it was in the title (which was changed)

Title was revised. Did it initially mention the hand-writing ?

I would think that kind of detail would go into an item's description, not the heading...

"JIM 83 6.5 with hand-writing on cover" for sale approach :eyeroll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p2047675.l2569&rt=nc&item=261099956968

where are you seeing this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p2047675.l2569&rt=nc&item=261099956968

(shrug) huh? Where am I seeing what?

I see the link, and I see the revision history page (showing changes to the Title and the shipping.... oooooohhh wait *light just came on*

you mean the timing right? there are no edits in the time frame that I mentioned... got it... (typing and realization all in realtime)

Im confused because trmoore made the mention that the listing "mentions no hand-writing on the cover... " but I dont see that in the listing anywhere... so I assumed that the seller (who in the past has been aware of these type of threads) had changed the listing to avoid being caught in an act of deception... but I see your point, he hasnt edited anything but the title... so TR was that where the "mentions no handwriting on the cover" was?