• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALERT! bijoubaby05 now selling on EBAY as "all things comics" and "comix_code"
2 2

117 posts in this topic

Can someone give me the back ground on this guy? He's been selling some pretty high priced books lately.

Three posts above yours is a link with some info...

:whistle:

-slym

lol I have no idea how I missed that one, thanks for the heads up :)

ebay has become a trash can....

Has become a trash can just recently? :P

I think it is more like a flea market, a lot of good mixed in with tons of bad, and you just have to be educated about your items, and as careful as possible.

On 9/18/2012 at 8:18 AM, trmoore54 said:

OK...one of the latest from all_things_comics...

Purchased restored VG- JIM 83 from Harley Yee for $1200 on 9/11...

Note faint handwritten name on cover above MYSTERY...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOURNEY-INTO-MYSTERY-83-1962-VG-1200-RESTORED-/230850413586?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35bfc1c412&nma=true&si=jLJ%2FeFYnUNCG6oDMgtGSdDDMLs0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

upgraded [alot...to 6.5 :o ] and selling less than one week later for $2100... :boo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-Into-Mystery-83-Vol-1-1962-1st-Appearance-Thor-Fine-6-5-/261099956968?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccac52ae8

He did his best to make that signature on the front cover hard to detect, but.....this is the same book. And notice as well he mentions no hand-writing on the cover... :facepalm:

He got me recently.

grader note on POS SELLER.png

14 hours ago, Comic Playhouse said:

He got me recently.

grader note on POS SELLER.png

He's been listing a bunch of ASM 50's, all note they have been restored though in the item description. Not to say that I would ever buy from him/her. 

Edited by Diamonddave
redundant

For kicks I looked this guy up, knowing nothing of him prior to now.  This Daredevil 1 listing made me chuckle:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1-Vol-1-Near-Perfect-High-Grade-1st-App-of-Daredevil-Original-1964-/253191295801?hash=item3af3609339:g:kK8AAOSwCV5Z1VH6

He and I definitely have drastically different opinions regarding the definition of terms such as "near perfect", "super clean", and "white". 

And the restoration to the book is disclosed...just as long as you click on the "See full item description" link. 

Definitely makes a living the gray area.

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

For kicks I looked this guy up, knowing nothing of him prior to now.  This Daredevil 1 listing made me chuckle:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1-Vol-1-Near-Perfect-High-Grade-1st-App-of-Daredevil-Original-1964-/253191295801?hash=item3af3609339:g:kK8AAOSwCV5Z1VH6

He and I definitely have drastically different opinions regarding the definition of terms such as "near perfect", "super clean", and "white". 

And the restoration to the book is disclosed...just as long as you click on the "See full item description" link. 

Definitely makes a living the gray area.

When did ebay start doing the "full item description" thing?  That seems new to me.  Typically, it's just listed toward the bottom, correct?  That's incredibly annoying.

2 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

When did ebay start doing the "full item description" thing?  That seems new to me.  Typically, it's just listed toward the bottom, correct?  That's incredibly annoying.

Particularly since the resto is mentioned only in the "full item description."  Not that people shouldn't click on that link before bidding on the book, but that extra step would seem to make things easier for this seller. 

37 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Particularly since the resto is mentioned only in the "full item description."  Not that people shouldn't click on that link before bidding on the book, but that extra step would seem to make things easier for this seller. 

That is a terrible practice, especially for collectibles.

50 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

eBay is gearing everything towards mobile users (reactive UI -> 1 UI implementation works seamlessly on any device - In theory) so they’re trying to remove the user supplied content (anything with additional markup).  The user supplied content makes this difficult so they have to seclude it when it’s rendered.  There’s better ways to do this but this is what they’ve chosen.  For me, it’s pretty annoying.  You’ll notice on the mobile app you essentially make the same click pattern you do with the full site.