• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALERT! bijoubaby05 now selling on EBAY as "all things comics" and "comix_code"
2 2

117 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, W16227 said:

lol - love your description.....

" I know, why bother listing auctions any more if you’re not c4less, right?"

An inside joke for guys like you.  I try to be careful not to inject too much personality on ebay (an extreme case, but look at how far samco has gone off the rails with that). ; )

On 2017-10-19 at 12:11 PM, thehumantorch said:

And he's clearly reading this thread.

He reads them alright... I bought a book off this guy a while back ... once I realized who it was I returned the book ... 

he messaged me on eBay saying I see your concerned about your purchase .. I read on the CGC forums .. was blah blah I'm an honest guy I fully describe if my books are restored blah blah blah.. but if you want to return the book I understand .. I said ok I'm returning the book .. cheers  

On 11/3/2017 at 9:50 PM, Paddy_McShillihan said:

He reads them alright... I bought a book off this guy a while back ... once I realized who it was I returned the book ... 

he messaged me on eBay saying I see your concerned about your purchase .. I read on the CGC forums .. was blah blah I'm an honest guy I fully describe if my books are restored blah blah blah.. but if you want to return the book I understand .. I said ok I'm returning the book .. cheers  

Wow, just came across this thread randomly.

To be fair to the seller, I bought a restored item from him on ebay fully aware it was restored (restoration described in the body of description, but not in the title), received it well-packed, later requested a refund within the return period, and he accepted the return and refunded my money when he received the returned book.  He never refused the return, and refunded in a timely manner.

Reading this thread though explains the... rather odd interaction I had with him.

To his credit, he has been mentioning whether the book has been restored, trimmed, etc.  Not sure how credible his restoration check is on "unrestored" books he has listed, but even with the disclosure, I still wouldn't buy from him.  His name has been tainted for years as a seller and I would not change my mind about it. 

3 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Had a pretty high bid set up on a book of this seller on Gixen and with an hour left in the auction, I decided to google the ebay name and cgc to see what came up. Really glad I did and found this post. Bid cancelled. Thanks!

These threads do get the word out.  :foryou:

7 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Placed a bid on a book on eBay, was denied.  Checked the seller and it was all_things_comics.  Never had any interaction with the dude as far as I can remember. 

910507703_allthings.thumb.jpg.8bdc0d519377caba7051ea6e399b7898.jpg

What was the item I wanna give it a whirl

25 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

my bid was accepted!!  lol 

not on this book I bidded on his lowest price book I didnt wanna accidentally win this auction lol 

Edited by kav

Ps I wonder if he's getting really really really good at trimming and created that book!!  lol 

1 hour ago, kav said:

Ps I wonder if he's getting really really really good at trimming and created that book!!  lol 

A 45 degree shifted double cover with a tripled fold? I've seen it all and I've never seen anything like this before. Has to be legit. Who would even think of doing it, let alone technically executing it convincingly. And it does look like it occurred at the time of production. This seller's restoration skills don't even nudge the meter up to a 1 on a 1-10 scale, he couldn't pull this off to look convincing even if he drew up a plan and practiced on dreck beforehand.

Edited by James J Johnson

On 1/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, kav said:

It's baffling how this guy has avoided negative feedback. I've purchased a few books from him and they all have had undisclosed issues. He think he's slick by using terms like "Near Perfect" or "Beautiful High Grade"....he gives buyers grades without giving them a grade.