• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Current CGC position on a Replaced Staple?

6 posts in this topic

I was looking at some of my books/scans and noticed this:

MyGreatestAdventure1.jpg

Under the OLD Overstreet grading guide you could have a replaced staple in grades upto 6.0 and still be considered Not Restored.

Either remove the staple all together to be safe, or find a staple from another DC book from that same year. That staple must have been a modern staple that really stood out for them to green label you like that? I also thought a VG range book would get blue label, perhaps with a note?? I could understand if you had a FN book or better to get qualified, but since you could remove the whole staple and still get a VG with one attached staple, seems like you got Spooned! :)

Actually it was not me that took the hit. I bought it as qualified and did not pay much.

I was thinking that a staple replacement should not cause GLOD in grades this low.

After thinking about it I was wondering it it might be worth it to Crack, send it to one of our experts here who could replace the staple with a vintage staple and then press and resub it up to a BLUE 6.0

never played that game previously, but this might be a great candidate