• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the 1st Full Adam Warlock?

38 posts in this topic

I always envisioned a Warlock 1st movie appearance to be in a Thor movie with Loki playing the Mephisto part in a IG movie adaptation. One less person to introduce.

Speaking of geekgasm, a friend of mine thinks Agent Coulson's body will either be turned into Vision or Him/Warlock.

Yeah, I was thinking he might return as the Vision. We NEED the Vision in the next Avengers movie!

Think they're going to do it Dr Manhattan style (CG) or Juggernaut style (body suit)?

I pray CG if it's Coulson.

I don't have any of these books yet, but I plan on picking up FF 67 first than thor 165 on my priority list. 2 years after that fact and I still think FF was more than a cameo makes me think it will be a much better longer term collectible and I will enjoy it more.

Having the #67 without the #66 doesn’t make sense. You have a maimed story.

Besides, even from a mere collecting perspective, the two-part story is ENTIRELY centered on Warlock, even if he does not appear until the last page of #67.

Thor #165-166, comparatively speaking, is a pretty much forgettable story, although it thows some elements in (like the desire of Warlock to find a female human being similar to him).

Definitely important is Marvel Premiere #1, and the start of the Starlin run.

Plus, both #66 and #67 are not so easy to find in high grade without evident flaws or ugly cover paper.

#66 is an almost black cover, #67 is a white cover, and so are the two Thors (one dominantly black and one white), so they show either the paper dirt (for the white) or the minimal creases (in the case of black).

Marvel Premiere #1 looks easier to find.

Marvel Premier 1 for me.

That's what I am betting on when he finally shows up in the movies. I think the gem and the hair is going to play a big part in how he's portrayed, and people are going to gravitate to that issue, since it really hasn't spiked all that much yet. 2c

Plus, both #66 and #67 are not so easy to find in high grade without evident flaws or ugly cover paper.

#66 is an almost black cover, #67 is a white cover, and so are the two Thors (one dominantly black and one white), so they show either the paper dirt (for the white) or the minimal creases (in the case of black).

Marvel Premiere #1 looks easier to find.

It took me about 10 copies to find a really, really nice white #67. That one is definitely hard to find without the typical aging discoloration on it.

We can all agree to disagree. 67 is my fav of the bunch and the one I am trying to track down first. If it wasn't 2 years between that in thor I would go with thor 165. MP #1 meh, not even on my radar 2c

On collecting, yes, on the story, surely not.

Just read them, and you’ll easily see which is the most important story. The Thor issues have nice covers, but are of little relevance both for Thor and for Warlock (well, maybe more for Warlock than for Thor).

Also, the Warlock story starts in some pivotal scenes in #65, like this one…

FantasticFour_065_p15_a.jpg

It took me about 10 copies to find a really, really nice white #67. That one is definitely hard to find without the typical aging discoloration on it.

Tell me, I have had almost the same number in hand, but I haven’t found a copy which satisifes me yet. :(

I gave a lot of importance to the quality of printing on the insides, and the SA Marvel books of that period are not SO well printed. I would have a VFNM but the interiors are better printed in a lower grade copy which remains my keeper for now. It’s this one (thanks, Robert! (thumbs u ):

ba9vrU0h.jpg

FF 67 has always been the Hulk 181 of the bunch in terms of pricing.

I knew with Thanos in the mix, Guardians coming, and no Silver Surfer rights that Warlock was inevitable. Considering he turns Thanos to stone for over a decade I figured he is going to be huge in taking the Mad Titan down. You could also claim that Marvel Premiere 1 is a pretty big issue as he is no longer Him and becomes Adam Warlock. However, I'm not sure it will see much movie bump due to it being later on. Since FF 67 has always been the winner I would have to believe that one will heat up and I can see the Thor 165 getting some heat as well. Even though Warlock isn't on the cover of FF 67 the cocoon on that cover was already shown at the end of Thor 2 so that already helps that book.

I think I have 3 copies of FF 67 in raw VF/VF- one CGC 8.5 and one CGC 9.4 and a mid grade Thor 165 in around VG/F. If I had found more reasonably priced HG CGC Thor 165's I would have bought them. Most were ridiculous prices and this was well over a year ago although I didn't actively search for too long of a time.

I knew with Thanos in the mix, Guardians coming, and no Silver Surfer rights that Warlock was inevitable. Considering he turns Thanos to stone for over a decade I figured he is going to be huge in taking the Mad Titan down. You could also claim that Marvel Premiere 1 is a pretty big issue as he is no longer Him and becomes Adam Warlock. However, I'm not sure it will see much movie bump due to it being later on. Since FF 67 has always been the winner I would have to believe that one will heat up and I can see the Thor 165 getting some heat as well. Even though Warlock isn't on the cover of FF 67 the cocoon on that cover was already shown at the end of Thor 2 so that already helps that book.

I think I have 3 copies of FF 67 in raw VF/VF- one CGC 8.5 and one CGC 9.4 and a mid grade Thor 165 in around VG/F. If I had found more reasonably priced HG CGC Thor 165's I would have bought them. Most were ridiculous prices and this was well over a year ago although I didn't actively search for too long of a time.

^^

^^

VERY WELL SAID ^^ ^^