• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone buy from Quicksilver Comics? qscomics.com

50 posts in this topic

To be honest, I have bought many books from QSC and the grading has always been accurate!

:roflmao:

Sorry just looking at your first post in the grading forum. Says it all really.

:roflmao:

Hell, he probably is a shill and works for Quicksilver in the grading department. :)

To be honest, I have bought many books from QSC and the grading has always been accurate!

But you have no clue what you're doing, either.

Seriously, you appear very inexperienced when it comes to grading. There's nothing wrong with that...we all started somewhere...but you're not in any position to render judgement on others.

Won't be buying from Quicksilver again.

Bought a book advertised as 'VF/NM', they just kept the VF/NM (still for sale on their site) and sent a book that is clearly no better than a Fine Minus with moderate foxing.

Sent an E-mail about it and got no response.

So yeah, won't be buying from them again.

I found thier grading to be no worse or beter than any of the other UK dealers selling low cost books in the 2-5 $ range

no problems with them so far

--------

This is from another post I posted few months back

Quicksilver comics web store

Shipped quick is fair at grading but they sent books with out backing boards ?

2 of the 4 books were over graded 1 was right on 1 was dirty but graded ok with a almost invisable corner damage

-----------

I believe if you buy cheep books from the UK you cant expect them to grade like cgc that would be unfair to expect from a ordinary seller

----------

You can and should expect them to not screw you over

For that fun and enjoyable experience buy from Key Comics

Won't be buying from Quicksilver again.

Bought a book advertised as 'VF/NM', they just kept the VF/NM (still for sale on their site) and sent a book that is clearly no better than a Fine Minus with moderate foxing.

Sent an E-mail about it and got no response.

So yeah, won't be buying from them again.

You could always try a PM to them and see if you get a response. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=1793

I found thier grading to be no worse or beter than any of the other UK dealers selling low cost books in the 2-5 $ range

no problems with them so far

--------

This is from another post I posted few months back

Quicksilver comics web store

Shipped quick is fair at grading but they sent books with out backing boards ?

2 of the 4 books were over graded 1 was right on 1 was dirty but graded ok with a almost invisable corner damage

-----------

I believe if you buy cheep books from the UK you cant expect them to grade like cgc that would be unfair to expect from a ordinary seller

----------

You can and should expect them to not screw you over

For that fun and enjoyable experience buy from Key Comics

The grading is one thing but I'm posting because, instead of sending a book I paid for (at a VF/NM price), they just sent a mid grade copy in order to sell the higher grade to someone else.

Anyway, there are children starving all over the world so I don't want to make a huge deal out of it. Just thought others should be made aware so they can make an informed decision about where they want to buy their books.

I have actually bought a lot of issues from Quicksilver, and the customer service and grading from Peter is spot on. They actually have issues that are perhaps under-graded slightly. Just my 2p worth!

1 hour ago, Ghazi said:

Its never too late to set the record straight for future buyers. My 2p worth :)

My opinion:

Quicksilver worked hard to improve his grading, and the deals I have had with him have been good since 2013.

Perhaps drudging up this unpleasant memory of a thread isn't a great idea?