• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone buy from Quicksilver Comics? qscomics.com

50 posts in this topic

I used to know him on the comic mart circuit in the 90s and the grading was bad even then.

Stock has improved by a long way, I don't know about the grading.

Garrys word would be good enough for me.

I know they have a bad rep on here. I have ordered from them three or four times and have been happy. I haven't bought particularly high grade books from him though. Customer service is good in my experience.

Purchased from them a couple of years ago and their grading was out by quite a way. Thought maybe they might have tightened up recently, so i ordered another book to test them and if anything their grading is even looser than before.

A pal of mine bought a Pre-Trend EC from them that had half a story page missing inside, without the defect being noted / disclosed.  A little disappointing.

Interested in a book they have, but haven't heard of them since they are located in the U.K.

Anyone deal with them? Accurate grading?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott

Accurate grading? No.

I really appreciate your comments - funny how many of my high grade books have been submitted to CGC and come back with higher grades.

"Funny" isn't really the word you are looking for.

I really appreciate your comments - funny how many of my high grade books have been submitted to CGC and come back with higher grades.

You make it sound like there's some conspiracy against you. All you're seeing is honest responses from people who have formed an opinion over time.

I have made 1 purchase from you guys and all 5 comics were overgraded and since then I have never bought from you again.

Wow, sensing a trend here. You might get away with selling overgraded books to the uneducated but for those of us who know what we are doing it is clear whoever is in charge of grading at your store doesn't know what they are doing or are just outright ripping people off.

Hows that for a comment from a 1 time customer?