• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 52 club
5 5

286 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, InfantTerrible said:

how's that only a 7 ??....that should've been at least 8

There is a very small maybe 2mm tear right above the R in greatest and the top edge of the back cover has some kind of chipping or chewing damage. Without those 2 defects this book is probably a 9.0 or higher. 

20210527_142549.jpg

On 5/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, Morganmi said:

Here's mine finally back from CGC. :smile:

20210527_142418.jpg

Interesting that in your copy the Panther seems to have a circular "badge" in the centre of his chest, just like in my copy. The post after mine, that circle has moved to his leg and then in many other copies it is not there at all.

This must make our copies very rare cover variants worth much more $$$. ;-)

56 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Interesting that in your copy the Panther seems to have a circular "badge" in the centre of his chest, just like in my copy. The post after mine, that circle has moved to his leg and then in many other copies it is not there at all.

This must make our copies very rare cover variants worth much more $$$. ;-)

Haha yea I've heard these are called Amulet issues. I believe I.recall it's a common printing defect in these and most of them occur exactly where mine and yours are and looks like BP is wearing and amulet.

5 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Maybe that transformation gave Ben a Prince Albert...?

Judging from the size of that halo of a Prince Albert, I'm guessing we can assume that the Things... um... thing does not transform along with the rest of his body into a larger lumpier version. lol