• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE LIST

77 posts in this topic

I believe you pulled this directly from a post I wrote awhile back, correct? Do you mind crediting me with this? I would appreciate it, as some have debated the fact as to whether or not I posted this before. I thank you!

'mint'

Credited along with link to the original thread added. (thumbs u

Since a certain minty-fresh collector won't do so, I present THE LIST:

1. Raindrops on Roses

2. Whiskers on Kittens

3. Piltdown paraphernalia

4. Commodore 64 killer apps

5. "The Commodores" autographs

6. Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney toenail clippings

7. Frederick Wertham foot fetish fotos

8. Bettie Page

9. Betty Page

10. Comic books

There. You see, comic books did make the top ten collectibles list.

This list sucks.

I believe this is the info Mintcollector was referring to earlier this morning. I hope this helps to somehow resolve the unanswered questions remaining from the "debate" that followed in the other thread. At the end of the day aren't we all here because of the comic books, anyway? :foryou:

I've deleted quite a bit from the original post, but the lists themselves are unedited, and context should not be affected.

Listed below is the first list based on popularity and the amount of collectors in a chosen field.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Note that this list is COURTESY OF TIAS.COM and this should be noted.

Kovels Top 10 Antiques & Collectibles Searches for 2011

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique pottery and porcelain

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

Here is what gets searched the most on Kovell's. This list is their property and shows what was searched the most by collectors in 2011. Again this list is courtesy of Kovell's.

Note how both lists overlap. This is what collectors (as defined by the truest sense of the word) are most searching for and collecting.

Yes, again; why would I lie? I am involved in the industry on all levels. Now if only someone would have actually taken the time to do what you did four to five hours ago; instead of attacking me.

If you weren't such a pompous tool, you would've posted a link to The List/your post before any of this occurred. But you wanted the drama, playing the victim as you were "ganged-up on" by the mean comic collectors. As Maynard says "You had alot to say. You had alot of nothing to say. Come down. Get off your cross. We need the space to nail the next fool up".

I believe this is the info Mintcollector was referring to earlier this morning. I hope this helps to somehow resolve the unanswered questions remaining from the "debate" that followed in the other thread. At the end of the day aren't we all here because of the comic books, anyway? :foryou:

I've deleted quite a bit from the original post, but the lists themselves are unedited, and context should not be affected.

Listed below is the first list based on popularity and the amount of collectors in a chosen field.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

Here is what gets searched the most on Kovell's. This list is their property and shows what was searched the most by collectors in 2011. Again this list is courtesy of Kovell's.

Note how both lists overlap. This is what collectors (as defined by the truest sense of the word) are most searching for and collecting.

Yes, again; why would I lie? I am involved in the industry on all levels. Now if only someone would have actually taken the time to do what you did four to five hours ago; instead of attacking me.

If you weren't such a pompous tool, you would've posted a link to The List/your post before any of this occurred. But you wanted the drama, playing the victim as you were "ganged-up on" by the mean comic collectors. As Maynard says "You had alot to say. You had alot of nothing to say. Come down. Get off your cross. We need the space to nail the next fool up".

Who the hell are you to say that to Mint? Try getting off your high horse as well.Mint is a highly respected member of this society,and might I add very much an expert in Antiques and collectibles.I am always interested in what he has to say about anything collectible,because YOU guys don't approve of what he has to say doesn't mean he's wrong.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

Who the hell are you to say that to Mint? Try getting off your high horse as well.Mint is a highly respected member of this society,and might I add very much an expert in Antiques and collectibles. I am always interested in what he has to say about anything collectible,because YOU guys don't approve of what he has to say doesn't mean he's wrong.

Right, I agree. But you've apparently misread my post, as I was complaining about what he wouldn't say. All he had to do was post a simple link and 150 posts wouldn't have been cut/wasted/posted in the first place. Surely you can see that he was being a for no other reason than to be a .

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

Who the hell are you to say that to Mint? Try getting off your high horse as well.Mint is a highly respected member of this society,and might I add very much an expert in Antiques and collectibles. I am always interested in what he has to say about anything collectible,because YOU guys don't approve of what he has to say doesn't mean he's wrong.

Right, I agree. But you've apparently misread my post, as I was complaining about what he wouldn't say. All he had to do was post a simple link and 150 posts wouldn't have been cut/wasted/posted in the first place. Surely you can see that he was being a for no other reason than to be a .

You and others didn't have to respond to him if you didn't like what he was or wasn't saying.right! Like a fish to the bait,you didn't have to get hooked.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

You and others didn't have to respond to him if you didn't like what he was or wasn't saying.right! Like a fish to the bait,you didn't have to get hooked.

Oakland, c'mon, I've read enough of your posts to know that your above statement is almost hypocritical. Almost.

But still, I accept your apology...

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

Oakland, c'mon, I've read enough of your posts to know that your above statement is almost hypocritical. Almost.

lol I never gave it.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

lol I never gave it.

Anyone figure out who the shill is yet? hm

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

So Mint is merely the poor victim here?

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

lol I never gave it.

Probably Stu-pid of me to ask.

its obvious that Mint "dabbles" in more than one collectible, I hardly call him an expert, but certainly he is entitled to his opinions. Anyone who keeps their finger on the pulse of any market, can make a better decision than one without. People do get lucky and experts often make ill advised decisions. Most people talk about how well they did, how much they made, stories of how they got this for $1 and sold that for $100s more. "I rather be luckey than good" is something I learned to go on, but I also know a bunch about what to buy given the chance, still my best have come unknowingly. I (worship) nobody.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

lol I never gave it.

lol How subtle.

1.Vintage Jewelry

2.Porcelain & Pottery

3.Glass

4.China & Dinnerware

5.Vintage Clothing

6.Memorabilia

7.Vintage Sewing

8.Autographs

9.Kitchen Collectibles

10.Photographica

11.Clocks & Watches

12. Art

13.Militaria

14.Paper & Ephemera

15.Dolls

16.Figurines

17.Hobbies

18.Toys

19.Lamps & Lighting

20.Advertising

Cookie jars

Royal Bayreuth

Antique furniture

Antique bottles

Occupied Japan

Royal Doulton

Coca-Cola

Antique glass

Antique jewelry

lol I never gave it.

lol How subtle.

Kitchen Collectibles...awesomeness!! :popcorn: :popcorn: