• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Updates in Bold

15 Books CCS Quick Press & Modern Slow Track

Invoiced CCS - 1/5/2018

Received CCS - 1/8/2018

Received CGC - 2/8/2018

Verified - 2/14/2018

Scheduled for Grading - 2/22/2018

Graded - 3/1/2018

QC - 

Shipped -

15 minutes ago, elove said:

I bet yours will get done before mine. My modern slow has been sitting in graded since Jan 29

You should call.  That is not normal.

18 minutes ago, elove said:

I bet yours will get done before mine. My modern slow has been sitting in graded since Jan 29

Send an email to submissions@cgccomics.com or call and ask to speak to a manager. That's not right at all.

I have a modern slow track prescreen rec'd 1/15 that's been stuck at Scheduled for Grading for a few weeks now.

Anybody have a prescreen received around or after this date that has moved past SFG?

Trying to figure out if I need to call about this invoice. I emailed customer service last week and they said it was in the grading room and prescreens were at a 6-8 week TAT (despite this not being noted in the TATs on the website).

Bottom line...they've had a batch of my books for 4.5 months now, with no end in sight. I submitted five books via "value" for a press & grade that CCS received on 10/20, they are through CCS and in "received" status by CGC since 1/11. Pretty annoyed at this point...

Edited by Callaway29

Updates in Bold

15 Books CCS Quick Press & Modern Slow Track

Invoiced CCS - 1/5/2018

Received CCS - 1/8/2018

Received CGC - 2/8/2018

Verified - 2/14/2018

Scheduled for Grading - 2/22/2018

Graded - 3/1/2018

QC - 3/7/2018

Shipped - 3/8/2018

Edited by Sdmeyer11

3 hours ago, MadGenius said:

I have a modern slow track prescreen rec'd 1/15 that's been stuck at Scheduled for Grading for a few weeks now.

Anybody have a prescreen received around or after this date that has moved past SFG?

Trying to figure out if I need to call about this invoice. I emailed customer service last week and they said it was in the grading room and prescreens were at a 6-8 week TAT (despite this not being noted in the TATs on the website).

I have a modern prescreen that was received on 1-9-18, graded on 1-29-18 (and still sitting at graded). I called Monday and was told again they're in the slab room. I was told that modern prescreens are taking 6-8 weeks. Well, I'm already past that now.

I think CGC was slammed with a large rush order (maybe walk-thru or express) as I have seen some serious slowdown and gaps in books submitted the same day. 

One sub was done and shipped out a few weeks ago, the other one is still sitting at graded almost a month later. 

Edited by joeypost

14 book submission - Modern Reg. Track

Verified 2/8/18
Scheduled for Grading 2/23/18
Graded 3/1
Safe/Shipped 3/8

20 Business Days counting ALL Monday-Fridays, with some cons in there (ECCC and Planet Comicon at least). Not too shabby.  

Edited by Rhymenoceros

4 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

14 book submission - Modern Reg. Track

Verified 2/8/18
Scheduled for Grading 2/23/18
Graded 3/1
Safe/Shipped 3/8

20 Business Days counting ALL Monday-Fridays, with some cons in there (ECCC and Planet Comicon at least). Not too shabby.  

Mine is one day behind yours, so hoping to see a grade pop tomorrow.  I have another 16 sub sitting at rcv'd 3/1.

10 hours ago, joeypost said:

I think CGC was slammed with a large rush order (maybe walk-thru or express) as I have seen some serious slowdown and gaps in books submitted the same day. 

One sub was done and shipped out a few weeks ago, the other one is still sitting at graded almost a month later. 

:frown:

On 2/28/2018 at 5:17 PM, Transplant said:
On 2/27/2018 at 8:41 AM, Transplant said:

Value sub

Received 12-19-17

SFG 2-26-18

Graded 2-26-18

QC 3-9-18

On 3/8/2018 at 8:12 AM, Callaway29 said:

Bottom line...they've had a batch of my books for 4.5 months now, with no end in sight. I submitted five books via "value" for a press & grade that CCS received on 10/20, they are through CCS and in "received" status by CGC since 1/11. Pretty annoyed at this point...

My last Value submission took pretty much 3 months from received to shipped.  I don't think it moved until 10 days before shipping so your time table for CGC (can't comment on CCS) seems in line with recent submissions.  Hopefully you should see if get bumped to scheduled for grading within the week.

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

My last Value submission took pretty much 3 months from received to shipped.  I don't think it moved until 10 days before shipping so your time table for CGC (can't comment on CCS) seems in line with recent submissions.  Hopefully you should see if get bumped to scheduled for grading within the week.

Thanks. I finally broke down and shot them an e-mail and to their credit they responded promptly. She said current value turn-around times are 12-13 weeks.