• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,970 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Possibly the wrong place to post this, but here's my beef with Registered Mail.  It's suppose to be scanned at each point along the route to protect against loss.  And it's supposed to be handled differently to protect against damage.  And yet, here's what I've had to contend with for the last 5 days.  Now, I'm guessing CGC uses ground shipping, in which case the package should be checked in on a daily basis since there are rules and regulations on how far truck drivers can be on the road each day.  So why hasn't it?  And I still don't understand why Registered Mail costs more than Priority shipping when it takes much longer to deliver (I've shipped a bunch of priority packages and it usually arrives at the destination within 3 days...heck, I once had a package arrive at its destination NEXT day).  I'm guessing the main rebuttal has to do with higher insurance, but I've mailed and insured a package up to $1000 for $20.  Meanwhile, it's $32 for Registered Mail up to $500 insurance.  And I'm sure CGC must get some sort of discount because of all the packages they send out.  So why, for the life of me, are we paying more for a seemingly inferior service?

The only problem is, your image is from UPS, not registered mail which would be USPS I believe.

44 minutes ago, Photoc said:

The only problem is, your image is from UPS, not registered mail which would be USPS I believe.

Yea he has $100 insurance on that bad boy unless he insure himself through shipsaver or something oops.

STANDARD

Number of books: 1

Received CGC: 6/4

Verified CGC: 6/8

Scheduled for Grading: 6/19

Graded: 6/20

Grading/Quality Control: 6/22

Shipped/Safe: ?

Wish this would ship today, but know that probably won't happen until Monday.  It's my favorite Neal Adams Batman cover.

3 hours ago, Photoc said:

@Pirate

Wow do I feel sheepish now.  I always go registered mail but because the value of the books I had sent out were so low I guess I opted for the cheaper UPS method this time around.  Boy do I feel foolish now.  :makepoint:

STANDARD

Received CGC: 6/4

Verified CGC: 6/8

Scheduled for Grading: 6/19

Grading/Quality Control: 6/22

Shipped/Safe: 6/22

WENT FROM GRADED QUALITY CONTROL AND THEN TO SHIPPED THE SAME DAY!!!!

I've had a fast track modern signature series order stuck at Recieved for 3 weeks now. CGC received my comics on 6/5/18. 

Stated Turnaround is 15 days, so every day from now they are late and never had a book still sitting at received at the point of the turnaround time cycle. What is going on there?

OK I haven't checked the status of my books for a few weeks. Last I saw they were still verified. Today I look and they are marked graded. Is there a way to find out what these grades are or am I waiting till they get here? Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

OK I haven't checked the status of my books for a few weeks. Last I saw they were still verified. Today I look and they are marked graded. Is there a way to find out what these grades are or am I waiting till they get here? Thanks.

When they get to quality control you should be able to call cgc and ask, for the grades. :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
, for the grades

27 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

after graded is "grading/quality control" and then finally "shipped/safe"...when they hit shipped/safe you can see the grades online

6 minutes ago, Bird said:
34 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

after graded is "grading/quality control" and then finally "shipped/safe"...when they hit shipped/safe you can see the grades online

True. I've called sometimes during quality control and it has worked too, because not always does QC and shipped safe happen same day. 

3 hours ago, Ira K said:

Modern Sig. Fast Track
5 books
Received: 6/12
Verified: 6/19
Scheduled For Grading: 6/19
Grading/Quailty Control: 6/22
Shipped/Safe: 6/22

I did modern fast track for 8 books:

They were verified on 6/15, and are still sitting in Graded...:/

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Economy S/S
Received CCS: n/a
At CCS: n/a
Received CGC: 5/3
Verified: 6/12
Graded: 6/25

Shipped/Safe: 6/30
Received (by owner): TBD
Total Business Days: TBD (42 with CGC + TBD with UPS)

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
Number of books: 2
Received CCS: n/a
At CCS: n/a

Received CGC: 4/26

Verified CGC: 6/6
Graded: 6/11
Shipped/Safe: 6/14

Received (by owner): 6/22
Total Business Days: 42 (36 with CGC + 6 with UPS)

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
Received CCS: 6/1
At CCS: 6/25
Received CGC: TBD
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

Edited by ExNihilo

2 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

Anyone getting anything logged from Heroes Con yet? Been over a week

Not Heroes but my books from Denver Comic Con (same weekend as Heroes) just showed up in the system today.