• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

MODERN (not fast track)

4 Books Total:

Verified: 06/20/2018

STANDARD

2 Books Total:

Verified: 06/20/2018 

Scheduled For Grading: 7/9/2018

Graded:  7/10/2018

Grading & Quality Control:  7/10/2018

Shipped/Safe: 7/12/2018

2 books both economy fast track pressing & grading.

Marvel tales #s 44 & 53. Graded 9.6 W & 9.4 CR/OW.

CCS received: 5/22

Transferred to CGC: 6/19

Shipped/safe: 7/13

Anybody know how often CGC updates the census? I'd assume they haven't yet added my submissions to the census since they were shipped out today.

Anyone know the grading times for High end books like AF 15 or books that are worth over 5k? Seems like you only have 1 choice and that’s walkthrough which says 1 day. Where do I go to check times? 

Edited by Lsmurule

On 7/12/2018 at 10:14 AM, Ladic said:

I submitted 7 comics at Orlando Mega Con at the end of may, 6 Modern and 1 value, I see the 6 modern yesterday changed status to graded, but the Value still says verified, is this normal?

Big mistake with the one book Value tier. It will be shipped separately from your Modern Tier submission = extra shipping costs for you.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:09 AM, Lsmurule said:

Anyone know the grading times for High end books like AF 15 or books that are worth over 5k? Seems like you only have 1 choice and that’s walkthrough which says 1 day. Where do I go to check times? 

Yes, walkthroughs are done within one business day. If you submitted it under your own account, you can check the status on the website. If not, you are at the mercy of getting your status from the submitter. 

Hi, I submitted 3 comics to be pressed and graded for SS at the florida supercon this past saturday, but I choose regular time. Would I be able to call CGC and tell them to upgrade to fast track for the pressing and grading and have it charge on my credit card? or is it too late?

On 7/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, MGsimba77 said:

2 books both economy fast track pressing & grading.

Marvel tales #s 44 & 53. Graded 9.6 W & 9.4 CR/OW.

CCS received: 5/22

Transferred to CGC: 6/19

Shipped/safe: 7/13

Anybody know how often CGC updates the census? I'd assume they haven't yet added my submissions to the census since they were shipped out today.

Census is usually updated every Tuesday

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
Number of books: 1
Received CCS: 6/1
At CCS: 6/25
Received CGC: TBD
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
TAT as of Receipt Date: 36 Business Days

Number of books: 1
Received CCS: n/a
At CCS: n/a

Received CGC: 7/16
Verified CGC: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD

Received (by owner): TBD

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My books show verified but no other info. Is there a different link to see the other scheduling 

They don't really have a schedule for the following steps in the grading process.  Your books will get to "Scheduled for Grading," "Graded," etc. at some point -- probably significantly longer than the published TATs.  As the posts in this thread show, the time between steps varies in ways that can be baffling. 

15 modern issues (Regular Track) submitted via Express Drop off at Megacon Orlando.

Dropped off at Con: 5/25

Received and Verified: 6/1

Scheduled for Grading: 7/10

Graded: 7/11

Grading/QC: 7/16

Shipped: 7/17

Dropped off 5 more (Regular Track) the next day as well:

Dropped off at Con: 5/26

Received and Verified: 6/5

Graded: 7/16

Shipped: 7/17

Edited by vitacura

while Turn around times have improved, what I've seen is that books take longer to process into the system

example I sent in 42 moderns that arrived Monday and they are still not in the system

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

while Turn around times have improved, what I've seen is that books take longer to process into the system

example I sent in 42 moderns that arrived Monday and they are still not in the system

From what I hear, there’s such an over abundance of mail from over the weekend that even when tracking states d livered on a Friday, it can take till at least Tuesday to hit the system. That’s what I’ve gotten from them.