• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,946 posts in this topic

I have an Express (4) book invoice currently at CGC and day 4 is this Friday. They gonna make me wait til Monday? :ohnoez: Status is currently “Graded”

Ever get “Express grades” in under the 5-Day mark?

Edited by Junkdrawer

3 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

From what I hear, there’s such an over abundance of mail from over the weekend that even when tracking states d livered on a Friday, it can take till at least Tuesday to hit the system. That’s what I’ve gotten from them. 

Shenanigans

another order arrived today (smaller order) and that's already in their system. They take their time with bigger orders because they like to pick low hanging fruit

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Shenanigans

another order arrived today (smaller order) and that's already in their system. They take their time with bigger orders because they like to pick low hanging fruit

just called them and they confirmed what I've suspected

faster express service or more expensive services (Standard and above) will get entered into the system faster.

so turn around times don't matter and they will always hit their numbers they give us because the time of when the book show up and are "verified" isn't posted or tracked.

so again my modern fast track books arrived 7/16 and still have yet to be verified yet Standard books arrived today and will take the 15 business days

what wildly_fanciful_statement

36 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Shenanigans

Not doubting and it’s tragic hearing this. They also told me to write on the box the tier level. So my answer to you would be write “Walk thru” on every box you send :idea:

10 minutes ago, littlebull said:

Is the Summer the busiest time for CGC? DO they get backed up the most during this time?

Yes, usually winter Is faster, but to be honest, they've added workers to grade books, these days are faster than it used to be even a year ago...

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

1 Mag Modern estimated TAT 7-8 weeks

Received June 6th 

Que for Grading June 29th 

graded  July 11th

in Holder July 18th

shipped July 19th

Is in holder a new step? I've never seen that one.

4 hours ago, Gaard said:
15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

1 Mag Modern estimated TAT 7-8 weeks

Received June 6th 

Que for Grading June 29th 

graded  July 11th

in Holder July 18th

shipped July 19th

Is in holder a new step? I've never seen that one.

Not really, but I can't see it online, I have to call and that was how it was told to me. I don't have an account with cgc, did it through a facilitator, so the first couple of times I called I asked the dates of things. When I called and they said shipped, I forgot to ask when it hit QC.....

On 7/19/2018 at 1:58 PM, Junkdrawer said:

I have an Express (4) book invoice currently at CGC and day 4 is this Friday. They gonna make me wait til Monday? :ohnoez: Status is currently “Graded”

Ever get “Express grades” in under the 5-Day mark?

Got grades today. Glad I didn’t have to stew till Monday. :foryou:

14 Modern estimated TAT 7-8 weeks

Received June 6th 

Que for Grading July 15th

graded  July 17th

Quality control July 18th

shipped July 19th

Right on target. Also have 4 books at CCS for pressing before grading, received June 6th, still at CCS as of 7/21.

Updated status on books submitted at San Francisco Con:  

STANDARD

Stated turnaround times when submit.:  CCS = 15 b days; GCC = 15 b days  (Total 30 b days or 6+ weeks or ETA of 7/27/2018)

Date of Con Drop Off - 6/10/2018 

CGC Received Date ("Rec-CCS Required") - 6/14/2018 (Bus. days since Con submission = 4)

"At CCS" - 6/18/2018 (Bus. days since "Rec. CCS Required" = 2)

"Received" - 7/9/2018 (Bus. days since "At CCS" = 14)

"Verified" - 7/10/2018 (Bus. days since "Received" = 1) 

It's now been 11 business days since "Received" by CGC and 10 business days since "Verified."  The estimated TAT is 7/27/2018.  

FAST TRACK VALUE

Stated turnaround times when submit.: CCS = 20 b days; GCC = 32 b days (Total 52 b days or 10+ weeks or ETA of 8/24/2018)

CGC Received Date ("Rec-CCS Required") - 6/14/2018 (Bus. days since Con submission = 4)

"At CCS" - 6/18/2018 (Bus. days since "Rec-CCS Required" = 2)

"Received" - 7/3/2018 (Bus. days since "At CCS" = 11)

MAGAZINE MODERN

Stated turnaround times when submit.: CCS = 35 b days; GCC = 45 b days (Total 80 b days or 16+ weeks or ETA of 10/3/2018)

"At CCS" - 7/3/2018 (Bus. days since "Rec-CCS Required" = 13)

VALUE

Stated turnaround times when submit.:  CCS = 45 b days; GCC = 57 b days (Total 102 b days or 20+ weeks or ETA of 10/31/2018)

"At CCS" - 7/3/2018 (Bus. days since "Rec-CCS Required" = 13)

TOTAL BUSINESS DAYS ELAPSED SINCE CON DROP OFF AS OF THIS POST =  31 (or 6 weeks)

Edited by sfcityduck

MODERN (not fast track)

4 Books Total:

Verified: 06/20/2018

Scheduled For Grading: 7/25/2018

Graded: 7/25/2018

STANDARD

2 Books Total:

Verified: 06/20/2018 

Scheduled For Grading: 7/9/2018

Graded:  7/10/2018

Grading & Quality Control:  7/10/2018