• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,978 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, Pete Marino said:

I've had my books going from CCS to Received for about a week and a half, still not verified.  Plus I still have not gotten billed by CCS yet, usually I get that pretty quickly after Rec'd status.

This is my first time trying the CCS to CGC route (I've used outside pressers before - Shout out to RMA and Joey!)

Anyway, does it mean CCS is finished with their end of things when they issue the invoice (which I just received by email today)?

:wishluck:hm

On 9/5/2018 at 12:51 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Unfortunately, my sub page is still "all clear."

Status Update:

Verified by CGC, September 5, 2018

Status Update:

The invoice with 10 comic books (my 35 comic book submission was divided into two invoices as 25 is the shipping box limit) moved to Scheduled for Grading on September 25, 2018.

Hopefully, the 25 will soon (today?) move to Scheduled for Grading.

Both invoices Scheduled for Grading on September 25, 2018.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Status Update

Does anyone know what the "actual" turnaround time is for modern fast track?  Their own services and fees page states 10 business days.  But I called to check in on the status and they stated on the phone 15 business days.  They received my submission on 9/10 and it still is in the graded state.  Theoretically if you go by the site they should have shipped them out yesterday on the 24th if it's actually 10 days.  I was hoping to get them back before Baltimore this weekend.

Are they encapsulating this week with on site Baltimore this weekend?  I've been in grading for 4 business days now.  Usually it's two at the very most.

2 hours ago, Pirate said:

Are they encapsulating this week with on site Baltimore this weekend?  I've been in grading for 4 business days now.  Usually it's two at the very most.

I’ve been at grading phase for weeks. I’ve called their customer service and they are a few weeks behind schedule. 

3 hours ago, Pirate said:

Baltimore will require one encapsulation machine and people to work it, so it may slow things down a bit.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:38 PM, mysterio said:
On 9/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, mysterio said:

On 9/4/2018 at 11:16 AM, sfcityduck said:
On 8/31/2018 at 1:01 PM, mysterio said:

I’ve got a modern with a 6/8 invoice date still at CCS. It’s taking forever. 

I wonder why?  CGC really was fast on my other tiers of books submitted at the same time.  But they are crawling on this tier.  The book is a Marvel Graphic Novel.  Maybe that's why?

I have two moderns I had them press, just as an experiment. At very nearly three calendar months, with the books not even at CGC yet, I can’t say I’m impressed.

These were finally received at CGC today. So maybe I’ll see them by Halloween. 

That couple of books hit Verified today. Halloween is still in play. :headbang:

4 hours ago, Maneo33 said:

Total newb question but I submitted books for Pressing/Grading.   I see the book that was submitted Standard is now Scheduled for Grading - is there not a status for the pressing part of it?

if it's at CCS it should say something along the lines of CCS-Req'd or CCS-Rec'd.  If it's not prefaced by "CCS", then it's with CGC.

21 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

if it's at CCS it should say something along the lines of CCS-Req'd or CCS-Rec'd.  If it's not prefaced by "CCS", then it's with CGC.

That's what I thought too!  But I email'd them and asked why it was sitting in Rev'd so long, they said that it was in the queue for CCS, so i have no idea what the status' mean anymore, or they're just all off now.

I got charged by CCS, which usually only happens after the press is complete, but they're still just sitting received, and I don't want to be "that guy" and keep asking for updates.  So i'm just going to sit and see what happens for the next 4 weeks.

On 9/27/2018 at 4:15 PM, mysterio said:

On 9/11/2018 at 5:38 PM, mysterio said:
On 9/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, mysterio said:

On 9/4/2018 at 11:16 AM, sfcityduck said:
On 8/31/2018 at 1:01 PM, mysterio said:

I’ve got a modern with a 6/8 invoice date still at CCS. It’s taking forever. 

I wonder why?  CGC really was fast on my other tiers of books submitted at the same time.  But they are crawling on this tier.  The book is a Marvel Graphic Novel.  Maybe that's why?

I have two moderns I had them press, just as an experiment. At very nearly three calendar months, with the books not even at CGC yet, I can’t say I’m impressed.

These were finally received at CGC today. So maybe I’ll see them by Halloween. 

That couple of books hit Verified today. Halloween is still in play. :headbang:

Scheduled for grading today. Glad to have it ahead of Baltimore and NYCC subs.