• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Taken from the CGC website.......................

Screenshot (1329).png

That's good information and I am happy to be corrected.  As I've stated several times, I don't want to be unfair to CGC.  Can you link to where that is on the website?  I've not seen that before.  That info is not on the page where they give the TAT estimates:  https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/

Any idea what cons qualify for Friday is not a business day status?

Edited by sfcityduck

9 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Now you're crossing the line from poor reading comprehension to just plain dishonesty. 

Sorry but I think YOU are crossing the line by making personal derogatory comments about me. How in the world can you interpret my comments as 'dishonest' ? IMO, you are complaining about CGC TAT, I stand by that. I'm sorry if I did not differentiate your comments between your Mag and Value submissions. It's still all your comments and I still think you are complaining. Understand, I stand by your right to complain. MY comments were targeted to your business day calculations, which I believe are wrong. You refuse to comprehend you may be wrong and instead prefer to demeaning me on a personal level. Not cool. Sorry.

12 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

That's good information and I am happy to be corrected.  As I've stated several times, I don't want to be unfair to CGC.  Can you link to where that is on the website?  I've not seen that before.  That info is not on the page where they give the TAT estimates:  https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/

Any idea what cons qualify for Friday is not a business day status?

The link is at the top of the screenshot. You can look at their calendar, again on the website, to see which cons they participate in. Also, I believe for cross country cons (West Coast) you need to include two days off for travel, not just one. Additionally, because they need to move equipment and use more staff, cons with onsite grading need to add yet a third day.

I don't know if it's still the case, but I believe that encapsulation would come to a stop in Saratoga during the period they were doing on-site grading at a con.  Given the number of staff members they send to a big con like NYCC, I would think it would have to greatly slow their operations even if they aren't doing on-site grading. 

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't know if it's still the case, but I believe that encapsulation would come to a stop in Saratoga during the period they were doing on-site grading at a con.  Given the number of staff members they send to a big con like NYCC, I would think it would have to greatly slow their operations even if they aren't doing on-site grading. 

Regarding the number of staff members at a con, I remember an incident where a Same Day submission to Saratoga, during a major onsite con, had a problem. CGC later acknowledged the problem and cited the fact that there were no senior graders in Saratoga that day. Going forward, they said same day submissions may be delayed a day = they would never again grade a same day submission without a senior grader. 

Though I could not convince Duck of this, I do think the posted TAT's are simply guidelines and should not be taken so analytically . They are also meant to be a current status and not a projection. I do think CGC gives first nod and tries to meet the TAT when Fast Track is selected. They also try harder on the more expensive tiers. That leaves normal Economy and Value tiers subject to greater delays. I am not a CGC employee, just basing my statement on personal experience. If I am wrong, I apologize, especially to Duck .

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The link is at the top of the screenshot. You can look at their calendar, again on the website, to see which cons they participate in. Also, I believe for cross country cons (West Coast) you need to include two days off for travel, not just one. Additionally, because they need to move equipment and use more staff, cons with onsite grading need to add yet a third day.

That info is not on their present website.  You are linking to an article about 2012 fees.  If that once was their position, it apparently is not any longer.  And, again, why are you making arguments (they get to deduct two or three days off for each con) that CGC doesn't make?  

CGC is a business which is best served by being as straight as possible with its clients.

3 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

That info is not on their present website.  You are linking to an article about 2012 fees.  If that once was their position, it apparently is not any longer.  And, again, why are you making arguments (they get to deduct two or three days off for each con) that CGC doesn't make?  

CGC is a business which is best served by being as straight as possible with its clients.

Duck, I surrender. You choose not to believe my comments about TAT, that's fine. As I stated above, I am not speaking as a representative of CGC, just speaking from personal experience. Good luck with your submissions. Good luck with your complaints. Thank you so much for sharing all your knowledge and experience here. Thank you so much for the lessons on comprehension reading.  

37 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Your account is 10+ years old at this point.  It's possible you submitted books via alternate methods prior to establishing your own account.  But in the last 10 years, in your experience, have delays been the norm when dealing with CCS/CGC?  I've only been submitting books for a year and I've only really been keeping track of TAT's more recently.  But in my limited experience, CGC has been able to deliver my books back to me within the specified time frame reasonable time frame.  So my question again, have your previous dealings in the past been reasonable and this is one of the first or few examples of a delay?  Or have all your previous submissions been similarly delayed?

Follow up: How many big hurricane's have rolled through Sarasota since your submission?  I imagine that will shut down operations for 2 days.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Your account is 10+ years old at this point.  It's possible you submitted books via alternate methods prior to establishing your own account.  But in the last 10 years, in your experience, have delays been the norm when dealing with CCS/CGC?  I've only been submitting books for a year and I've only really been keeping track of TAT's more recently.  But in my limited experience, CGC has been able to deliver my books back to me within the specified time frame reasonable time frame.  So my question again, have your previous dealings in the past been reasonable and this is one of the first or few examples of a delay?  Or have all your previous submissions been similarly delayed?

Follow up: How many big hurricane's have rolled through Sarasota since your submission?  I imagine that will shut down operations for 2 days.

My experience is that delays from estimated TAT are NOT the norm.  But, this is my first Mag Mod submission. 

As far as I know, Hurricane Michael did not hit Sarasota.  Certainly, CGC has not posted that its service was disrupted by Hurricane Michael.  I have seen no indication that CGC has been impacted by hurricanes this year.  

On 10/18/2018 at 10:35 AM, mccollect said:

Did anyone who submitted at NYCC have books show up on your invoice list yet?

Not yet, I missing an express 16 book MST drop off and a fast track signature series.

Edited by catch21

FAST TRACK ECONOMY - 5 Books

Verified: 9/20/2018

Scheduled for Grading: 10/9/2018

Graded: 10/11/2018

Grading/Quality Control: 10/12/2018

Shipped/Safe: 10/15/2018

Received: 10/18/2018

MODERN - 5 Books

Verified: 9/20/2018

Scheduled for Grading: 10/10/2018

Graded: 10/11/2018

Grading/Quality Control: 10/15/2018

Shipped/Safe: 10/17/2018

Received: 10/20/2018

Now to think about the next submission...

Anybody here have any recent Reholder submissions they can share their turnaround times on? I did see the TAT (guideline) on CGC.com at 11 business days. My Reholder submission has been in Verified status for 17 business days. My last few Reholder subs were quick and done within two weeks, but that was last year. I'm also not sure if Sarasota was close to Hurricane Michael, however I did notice on these thread pages some Shipped/Safe dates during the time of the Hurricane's impact. 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:05 PM, Pete Marino said:

That's what I thought too!  But I email'd them and asked why it was sitting in Rev'd so long, they said that it was in the queue for CCS, so i have no idea what the status' mean anymore, or they're just all off now.

I got charged by CCS, which usually only happens after the press is complete, but they're still just sitting received, and I don't want to be "that guy" and keep asking for updates.  So i'm just going to sit and see what happens for the next 4 weeks.

I'm still in Received Purgatory, but I think that CCS is done with my books, as i got another invoice summary email.  But my status has not changed in a long time.  I'm hoping I'll get verified some time next week.

6 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I'm still in Received Purgatory, but I think that CCS is done with my books, as i got another invoice summary email.  But my status has not changed in a long time.  I'm hoping I'll get verified some time next week.

I have 12 modern fast track at ccs I think...still shows received on cgc but was charged by ccs on the 10th. Always have shown at ccs before...not this time

:cry:  Still sitting at verified and the 1 month barrier is quickly approaching.  The last mega submission last November was delivered by now so they must be way behind after the last couple Cons.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

:cry:  Still sitting at verified and the 1 month barrier is quickly approaching.  The last mega submission last November was delivered by now so they must be way behind after the last couple Cons.

How many are FF Annual 6s my friend?  (Just sent 2 mid Grades for a Pressing)

1 minute ago, Jaydee said:

How many are FF Annual 6s my friend?  (Just sent 2 mid Grades for a Pressing)

Oh - the Value books I won't be getting back until Christmas but i was hoping the Modern books would have at least moved to grading by now (verified on 9/25). 

I've got the last 9 of my high grade FF Annual 6s in to be graded this batch - hoping to get some nice ones to replace the few I just sold.