• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, pjray55 said:

thank you, appreciate it.  Just checked and they went to verified this morning.  I used the online form and they were received on Friday according to tracking and went to verified today.

Glad I’m not the only one on the slow boat to the invoice list. My latest box was received in Sarasota on Monday and isn’t showing up yet. Maybe tomorrow. :wishluck:

Edited by mysterio

So I submitted three books for pressing and grading at the Cincinnati Comic Expo on September 20th. My books are still showing received. Nothing has happened since. I’m closing in on 4 months since I submitted them. Is this normal?

On 1/12/2019 at 2:34 AM, Burtis11 said:

So I submitted three books for pressing and grading at the Cincinnati Comic Expo on September 20th. My books are still showing received. Nothing has happened since. I’m closing in on 4 months since I submitted them. Is this normal?

Yes it is, I submitted books back in August, they finally came from CCS on 12/14. It is the new normal.

Hi guys,

Looking to sub a batch of books for the first time since 2005!  :whatthe:

If I'm reading this right (batch of copper/modern books), a prescreen, press and grade (all fast tracked) can still take up to 57 business days?  35 days for the prescreen + 8 days for the grading + 14 days for the press? 

I'm fairly confident in this stack of books and was thinking I might just dump the prescreen, or break the invoice down into two submissions (keep the higher quantity second batch to meet the minimum number for prescreen....thoughts?

34 minutes ago, spreads said:

Hi guys,

Looking to sub a batch of books for the first time since 2005!  :whatthe:

If I'm reading this right (batch of copper/modern books), a prescreen, press and grade (all fast tracked) can still take up to 57 business days?  35 days for the prescreen + 8 days for the grading + 14 days for the press? 

I'm fairly confident in this stack of books and was thinking I might just dump the prescreen, or break the invoice down into two submissions (keep the higher quantity second batch to meet the minimum number for prescreen....thoughts?

The pre screen doesn't take anywhere close to 35 days for FT. Look at the guy 2 posts above from yours. FT pre screen and he went from received to graded in 7 calendar days. I don't know how long CCS would add on for pressing though as I've never used them.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, 1Cool said:

100 Copper prescreen

Received 11/15

SFG 1/3

Graded 1/4

One batch went to QA/QC on 1/5

One Batch of 25 Shipped 1/7/18 (I'll assume the grader was blind based on the results)

Two more batches of 25 shipped on 1/8/19

A few nice home run books but I won't even say how many rejects on this batch.  They either are being really strict of my eye sight has been poor at the end of the year.

9.6s are flowing again :frustrated:

On 1/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, I like pie said:

25 Book Modern FT Pre screen

Received  1/4. Verified 1/7. SFG 1/10. Graded 1/11.

QC 11/14.

Shipped safe 11/15. 20/25 9.8, which was better than I thought. I tossed a few in there that were borderline to fill the prereq for 25.

Edited by I like pie

Modern Full Press Fast Track (7 Books)
Received 12/21/18 - so much for the website's 14 Business days turnaround for pressing

Modern Quick Press (25 Books)
Received 12/21/18

Modern (50 Books)
Received 12/28/18
Verified 12/28/18

Modern (50 Books)
Received 01/16/19
Verified 01/16/19

Modern Fast Track (2 Books)
Received 01/21/19

Edited by lonetree

it is a race to see what comics back first...value submission verified on 11/09 or moderns verified on 1/17? Both have some Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel so get them back CGC! Gotta make that movie money!