• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

So when the books finally come back and need to go back immediately due to QC issues, does that extra time for the reholder count as part of the turn around time??

(shrug):tonofbricks:

What exactly does QC entail, label check? 

13 minutes ago, spreads said:

hopefully they check for newton rings and scratches too :foryou: 

11 minutes ago, spreads said:

One day doesn't seem bad?

the one he quoted.... it was 5 days....for quality control

1 hour ago, dsmboy1991 said:
23 hours ago, Walsh3392cape said:

Modern Slow Track:

Received: 1/17/19
Verified:  1/17/19
Scheduled for Grading:  2/12/19
Graded: 2/13/19
Grading/Quality Control: 2/13/19
Shipped/Safe:  2/18/19

Hung out in QC for that long huh?  Mine is currently in QC, hoping doesn't sit there for numerous days. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
for quality control.... added :)

35 minutes ago, spreads said:
1 hour ago, mrwoogieman said:

So when the books finally come back and need to go back immediately due to QC issues, does that extra time for the reholder count as part of the turn around time??

(shrug):tonofbricks:

I mean when the slabbed books get back to you and then you notice a problem that requires them to be returned to CGC for fixing.

:pullhair:

Does that extra time count as part of the turn times?? :cry:

18 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

I mean when the slabbed books get back to you and then you notice a problem that requires them to be returned to CGC for fixing.

:pullhair:

Does that extra time count as part of the turn times?? :cry:

Oh right, that's super ....why even have the QC check?

On 2/1/2019 at 1:50 PM, ExNihilo said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Crossover Standard
TAT as of Receipt Date: 32 Business Days (10 at CCS, 22 at CGC)
Number of books: 1
Received CCS: 2/1
At CCS: ???
Received CGC: ???
Verified: 2/20
Scheduled for Grading: ???
Graded: 2/22
Grading/Quality Control: 2/25
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

NOTE: this is a Crossover submission.  Estimated TAT is based on standard submission times as I am unsure if there is any difference between it and Crossover return times.

side note, how do we get this thread stickied?  you'd think 500+ pages and 800k+ views would warrant it.  @dena

Edited by ExNihilo

On 2/15/2019 at 7:53 PM, eddly said:

They were all raw from my Dad's collection (never graded before). He isn't familiar with the grading process (now he is!). I saved these from being listed raw on ebay as conservative 9.2s (he likes to be conservative on ebay). 

Quickly eyeballing them I didn't see anything wrong with them other than a rough cut on the right side of most of them (common for the book). I didn't think they necessarily needed a press, but I figured we might as well just in case considering the current price for 9.8s... and I was wondering if we could get a 9.9.

Do you know if the CGC label will state that the book was pressed? Thanks

7 hours ago, Venom80 said:

Do you know if the CGC label will state that the book was pressed? Thanks

No.  Read through the CGC services details and FAQs, I think I read somewhere where it said CGC does not know if CCS pressed a book or not. 

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

I feel like such a dunce ... where the heck is the pre-screen option on the form?

Check the FAQ section on the website, there's all the info in there in the world! 

In short, the prescreen is a way to prevent having books CGC'd (encapsulated and graded) below a minimum grade.  In a recent batch lately I had a pile of books I would be happy with if they graded 9.4 and above, but I probably wouldn't want the book if it was a 9.2 or a 9.0 for example, the prescreen will stop that from happening....

19 minutes ago, spreads said:

Check the FAQ section on the website, there's all the info in there in the world! 

In short, the prescreen is a way to prevent having books CGC'd (encapsulated and graded) below a minimum grade.  In a recent batch lately I had a pile of books I would be happy with if they graded 9.4 and above, but I probably wouldn't want the book if it was a 9.2 or a 9.0 for example, the prescreen will stop that from happening....

Yeah, I know what it is. I just couldn't find that option on the form. I found it, though. It's on there when you go to check out.

Thanks though dude.

On 2/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, joeypost said:

Anyone else experiencing this "phenomena". 

I submitted books (all the same tier) on the same date (1/7/2019) with another group arriving to CGC three business days later on 1/10(still under the same tier of service). 

All but the very first group of books is not only graded, but shipped safe while the earlier submission sits at verified. 

Drives me batty. 

Two groups you sent for me were "received" about 10 days apart, maybe more. I know you sent/brought them together.

Edited by skypinkblu

11 hours ago, spreads said:

No.  Read through the CGC services details and FAQs, I think I read somewhere where it said CGC does not know if CCS pressed a book or not. 

Okay. Thank you. I've been a collector for years but am new to most everything related to CGC. For instance, I have a few books that I want to submit for grading but have no clue what to submit them through as far as Economy / Standard / Express / Modern. They are ASM 129 & 300, Hulk 181 and Marvel Collectible Classics 1. Any info anybody could send my way would be highly appreciated. 

13 hours ago, Venom80 said:

Okay. Thank you. I've been a collector for years but am new to most everything related to CGC. For instance, I have a few books that I want to submit for grading but have no clue what to submit them through as far as Economy / Standard / Express / Modern. They are ASM 129 & 300, Hulk 181 and Marvel Collectible Classics 1. Any info anybody could send my way would be highly appreciated. 

The CGC website is very thorough, just read through every page and go over the FAQ section.  Go through all that and come back here if you have specific questions we'll be able to help.

16 hours ago, Gaard said:

Yeah, I know what it is. I just couldn't find that option on the form. I found it, though. It's on there when you go to check out.

Thanks though dude.

Well most people (highly recommended) submit online, you cannot select that option until you have an invoice of at least 25 books (the pre screen autopopulates onscreen).

On 2/23/2019 at 6:11 PM, Venom80 said:

ASM 129 and Hulk 181. Are they high grade? If so, the minimum you would want to go with is Express. It all depends on how much you want to insure them for. A Hulk 181 in 9.4/9.6 is a $10K+ book. Would be a shame to under-insure that and have something happen in shipping. The ASM 300, modern.