• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

b5yNDxE.jpgMy books finally shipped! All told, they received my books on February 7th and I should get them today. All the books were fast track press and grade. 

Edited by JohngPR

18 hours ago, lonetree said:

21 hours ago, LordRahl said:

My modern slow track that was verified on 2/20 went to graded/qc today. And they always charge your CC when they verify them (unless they are pre-screened). I know that now that step has been done away with and it just goes straight to scheduled for grading but your submission is from when they still had the verified/scheduled for grading distinction. If they charged you on the 22nd, that means that even though they were received on the 8th, they didn't process them until the 22nd. My guess is they will go to graded/qc in the next 2 days. The problem is why they sat so long between being received and verified.

Right, that's the question, why do some books get stuck at different steps in the process?  I was hoping to have these back at the end of the month, even if they were verified on the 22nd, that's a full month that's passed where it's been 'scheduled for grading'.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, skybolt said:

I contacted CGC again today regarding the status of my books and they'll contact CCS directly to give me an update. As I mentioned above, either the 80 business day turnaround time is slightly off (since my books are sitting at 103 business days now), or there was a specific issue with my submission. Hopefully I'll find out early next week.:wishluck:

CGC did get back to me today and indicated that the books were pressed and received by CGC for grading sometime in February.  The only issue was that there was a glitch in the system that didn't provide this information on my home page. Hopefully, the books are only a few weeks away from being graded.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:35 PM, skybolt said:

CGC did get back to me today and indicated that the books were pressed and received by CGC for grading sometime in February.  The only issue was that there was a glitch in the system that didn't provide this information on my home page. Hopefully, the books are only a few weeks away from being graded.

Hate to say it but it sounds like the "glitch" was your order got lost/misplaced/overlooked until you brought it to their attention and now they are going to expedite grading.

103+ business days. :ohnoez:

14 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Hate to say it but it sounds like the "glitch" was your order got lost/misplaced/overlooked until you brought it to their attention and now they are going to expedite grading.

103+ business days. :ohnoez:

In all honesty, at this point I just hope things are proceeding accordingly and the books are actually pressed and in line for grading. My home page still hasn't been updated to fix the "glitch". I'm afraid to ask again and be given a completely different answer. 

13 hours ago, gregwynn said:

My modern non fast track received on 18 Feb shipped today!

Can you break down the dates for each service....I want to know how these books compare to mine.  Here's an detailed description from CGC....don't ask me why this respondent replied to the same invoice twice with a slightly different response....

For invoice 2017332, we received this submission in CCS for quick press on 01/30/19, and this service is running an approximate 8-10 weeks, it transferred over to CGC for grading on 02/08/19 and the Modern tier is running an approximate 4-6 weeks. 

For invoice 2022196, this was received in CGC for Pre-screen Modern grading, and this tier of service is running an approximate 6-7 weeks

For invoice 2017332,  this was received in CCS for quick press on 01/30/19, and transferred over to CGC for grading on 02/08/19, and the Modern Tier is running an approximate 4-6 weeks.

As of right now, the first invoice received on Feb 8th, has a status of 'received'.  But we know they've been verified since I was charged on my CC a few weeks later which I guess is the true received date.

Edited by spreads
edit

12 hours ago, skybolt said:

In all honesty, at this point I just hope things are proceeding accordingly and the books are actually pressed and in line for grading. My home page still hasn't been updated to fix the "glitch". I'm afraid to ask again and be given a completely different answer. 

The books are now scheduled for grading. Seems like things are moving quickly now. :)

Not sure what you are asking. I pressed my books prior to submitting. CGC received them on 2/18 and they shipped yesterday 3/20. Went to Grading/Quality Control on 3/15.

2 hours ago, spreads said:

Can you break down the dates for each service....I want to know how these books compare to mine.  Here's an detailed description from CGC....don't ask me why this respondent replied to the same invoice twice with a slightly different response....

For invoice 2017332, we received this submission in CCS for quick press on 01/30/19, and this service is running an approximate 8-10 weeks, it transferred over to CGC for grading on 02/08/19 and the Modern tier is running an approximate 4-6 weeks. 

For invoice 2022196, this was received in CGC for Pre-screen Modern grading, and this tier of service is running an approximate 6-7 weeks

For invoice 2017332,  this was received in CCS for quick press on 01/30/19, and transferred over to CGC for grading on 02/08/19, and the Modern Tier is running an approximate 4-6 weeks.

As of right now, the first invoice received on Feb 8th, has a status of 'received'.  But we know they've been verified since I was charged on my CC a few weeks later which I guess is the true received date.

27 minutes ago, skybolt said:

The books are now scheduled for grading. Seems like things are moving quickly now. :)

SFG is the new Verified. Will go to Grading/Quality Control when they are close to being Graded. My submission was in SFG for 3 weeks...

5 minutes ago, gregwynn said:

Not sure what you are asking. I pressed my books prior to submitting. CGC received them on 2/18 and they shipped yesterday 3/20. Went to Grading/Quality Control on 3/15.

I'm not talking about pressing, I'm talking about received/grading.  I have a batch of books that have been at CGC's headquarters since Feb. 8th, still showing as 'received'.  Even if the status hasn't changed, the books are at the top end now of the 4-6 week period....whereas your books were graded in less than the 4 week period.

1 hour ago, gregwynn said:

SFG is the new Verified. Will go to Grading/Quality Control when they are close to being Graded. My submission was in SFG for 3 weeks...

Ugh...........thanks for the info. Looks like I'm not out of the woods yet. :(

Edit: They're actually now in Grading/Quality Control. :banana:

Edited by skybolt

What is going on with these guys?

I just received an email for my Feb. 8th books that the books were received, dated March 25th?  So I have two automated emails for the same invoice, about 6 weeks apart?  What irks me is that I called them and emailed them, and both responses I received from CGC was that it takes about 4-6 weeks and they should be graded shortly when it looks like the books were sitting in limbo probably on the floor being stepped on. 

For those cryin bout CGC tats. 

I sent a book to CBCS for a customer. It was an ASM 700 Ditko with a Stan sig needing verification and slabbing. Landed into the system on DECEMBER 7 2018. It is still currently “processing” 

2 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

For those cryin bout CGC tats. 

I sent a book to CBCS for a customer. It was an ASM 700 Ditko with a Stan sig needing verification and slabbing. Landed into the system on DECEMBER 7 2018. It is still currently “processing” 

It has nothing to do with scheduled service times, this is about contacting CGC multiple times and being given different answers by different people (both by phone and electronically).

They should have consistent messaging and if their customer service is unable to provide the answers, they should spend some time on training.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, Drahcirh said:

Standard - 2 books

Received/Scheduled for Grading: 3/13

Grading/Quality Control: 3/21

Billed: 3/25

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 3/26

FT Economy - 3 Books

Scheduled for Grading: 3/25

Edited by Drahcirh