• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,973 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, spreads said:

It has nothing to do with scheduled service times, this is about contacting CGC multiple times and being given different answers by different people (both by phone and electronically).

They should have consistent messaging and if their customer service is unable to provide the answers, they should spend some time on training.

The topic of this thread is turn around times. You’re pickin the wrong bone.

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

The topic of this thread is turn around times. You’re pickin the wrong bone.

For the past four weeks I was basing my comments on turnaround times, because CGC told me they were received on Feb 8th when they were actually received just now from CCS.  So I guess ignore all those posts!

17 minutes ago, spreads said:

For the past four weeks I was basing my comments on turnaround times, because CGC told me they were received on Feb 8th when they were actually received just now from CCS.  So I guess ignore all those posts!

I’ve never read any of your posts. Most come here to rant about turn around times. I was directing my post in the general direction and not towards you personally. But carry on I’m sure someone is reading your posts:wishluck:

Dropped off one TMNT at C2E2 Saturday 03/23/19.  (Had to go off site because CGC did not have the wider magazine/wide book slabs at C2E2.)

Dropped off three witnessed George Perez signed Infinity Gauntlets at C2E2 on Sunday, 03/24/19.

Nothing yet in "My Submissions," but I know this will take a while.... :martini:

Edited by lordisam

Quick question to those that have had experience...

Its a show day for CGC, so technically not a “business day”. I’ve got two invoices in QC at least two days. Does the QC/shipping department work on a con Friday? Or should I do something else with my day besides endless refresh?

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

Quick question to those that have had experience...

Its a show day for CGC, so technically not a “business day”. I’ve got two invoices in QC at least two days. Does the QC/shipping department work on a con Friday? Or should I do something else with my day besides endless refresh?

Ok, one of the QC invoices flipped to shipped/safe this morning so I got my answer.  :wishluck: for the second. 

3 minutes ago, Lifesuggs said:

Update on my earlier post 

4 SS modern books slow boat press and grade

dropped off NYCC 10/7/18

Invoice from CCS 2/1/19

received 3/5

SFG 3/29

hoping to see them in the near future

Well I hope so :wishluck: October to February is a long time :eek: 

19 minutes ago, Lifesuggs said:

Since I dropped them off they’ve all been made in to movies

and then rebooted

That's a healthy welcomed attitude, sure would be hard to do, so good on you ;)

Partly the reason that I don't do pressing :eek:

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a healthy welcomed attitude, sure would be hard to do, so good on you ;)

Partly the reason that I don't do pressing :eek:

Yeah I think I’ll be doing pressing elsewhere from now on if it’s needed. 

These are all for my PC so I figured I’d save a few bucks, but def thought I’d see them a little sooner. At this point i figure I knew what I was getting in to, but ccs will hopefully expand services at some point. Figure a press is only like 10-15 fast tracked jobs (granted I have no idea what machines they use, but I feel that’s in the ballpark)

Value - 5 books

2/26 Scheduled for grading 

4/03 Still scheduled for grading

Sent an email to ask how long submissions take, was ignored, of course there were no problems with them charging my credit card. First submission to CGC, do not believe I will be renewing for a second year. 

*** On a side note, I do not believe you should have to pay more money to receive your books faster. That is very bad business. Could you imagine walking into an emergency room and sitting down to wait your turn and then some guy walks in and hands the clerk a hundred dollar bill to jump the line. How long would that business last?

Modern Quick Press (25 Books)
Received 12/21/18
Press Complete - Back at CGC as Received 03/04/19
Scheduled for Grading 03/26/19
Graded 04/03/19

Modern (25 Books)
Delivered 03/04/19
Scheduled for Grading 03/11/19

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 03/18/19
Scheduled for Grading 03/19/19

1 hour ago, Sniezyk said:

Value - 5 books

2/26 Scheduled for grading 

4/03 Still scheduled for grading

Sent an email to ask how long submissions take, was ignored, of course there were no problems with them charging my credit card. First submission to CGC, do not believe I will be renewing for a second year. 

*** On a side note, I do not believe you should have to pay more money to receive your books faster. That is very bad business. Could you imagine walking into an emergency room and sitting down to wait your turn and then some guy walks in and hands the clerk a hundred dollar bill to jump the line. How long would that business last?

Yeah because having your funny books graded is very similar to bleeding out in an ER:facepalm: