• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,983 posts in this topic

Called CGC yesterday to inquire about my submission. Received 12/26 for modern tier and Pressing. Got billed 3-14-19 for the pressing but the Customer service rep said that current CCS slow press TAT is around 20 weeks. He Said he didnt expect my books to get back to cgc for another 4 weeks. needless to say i will probably get my books back in Sept. I'll be outsourcing my Pressing and cleaning from now on. 

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Yeah because having your funny books graded is very similar to bleeding out in an ER:facepalm:

Try owning and operating a  brick and mortar business like I do and see how far you go with that type of service.

4 minutes ago, Sniezyk said:

Try owning and operating a  brick and mortar business like I do and see how far you go with that type of service.

Yeah you're clearly correct. FedEx, UPS, USPS and every shipping company ever has had it all wrong this whole time. I mean really, paying more for expedited service? What were they thinking:makepoint:

On 3/31/2019 at 6:33 PM, Lifesuggs said:

Update on my earlier post 

4 SS modern books slow boat press and grade

dropped off NYCC 10/7/18

Invoice from CCS 2/1/19

received 3/5

SFG 3/29

hoping to see them in the near future

OMG it’s happening! Today went to Grading/Quality control!

with this wait, I’m glad these are for the most part personal books

14 hours ago, Jeremyc482 said:

Called CGC yesterday to inquire about my submission. Received 12/26 for modern tier and Pressing. Got billed 3-14-19 for the pressing but the Customer service rep said that current CCS slow press TAT is around 20 weeks. He Said he didnt expect my books to get back to cgc for another 4 weeks. needless to say i will probably get my books back in Sept. I'll be outsourcing my Pressing and cleaning from now on. 

I hear this more and more, people opting for private pressing/cleaning services because the wait lines are so bad at CGC...I have a small stack of books I want pressed and might have to look at fast tracking them just because I don't want to wait another 3-4 months after I pay them to get the books back.

1 hour ago, spreads said:

I hear this more and more, people opting for private pressing/cleaning services because the wait lines are so bad at CGC...I have a small stack of books I want pressed and might have to look at fast tracking them just because I don't want to wait another 3-4 months after I pay them to get the books back.

I was told yesterday, it's 8 weeks for fast track.:eek:

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

There has to be a super duper fast track option for pressing hm

3 hours ago, I like pie said:

I was told yesterday, it's 8 weeks for fast track.:eek:

That's brutal.  They're missing out on a lot of business to local competitors offering much quicker turnaround times....

Edited by spreads

1 hour ago, spreads said:

That's brutal.  They're missing out on a lot of business to local competitors offering much quicker turnaround times....

Quicker isn't necessarily better when it comes to pressing. You have to ask yourself why your local presser isn't commanding more business. That said, I've never used CCS and don't plan to so I have no personal stake in how long they take.  

18 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Quicker isn't necessarily better when it comes to pressing. You have to ask yourself why your local presser isn't commanding more business. That said, I've never used CCS and don't plan to so I have no personal stake in how long they take.  

Why are you assuming this service isn't better or that this individual isn't garnering more business?  You've made two assumptions here.  There is a local facebook group, where there is at least one known name that everyone is promoting as doing excellent work.  This is one example, I'm sure there's dozens out there.  My point is CCS isn't going to expand their business with 'fast track' time periods of 8 weeks when there are qualified alternatives out there.

2 hours ago, musicmeta said:

My two economy books are still in SFG after two weeks.  I believe I read in a post here that it's been three weeks in SFG for their books so I guess I will lower my expectations and that I will have to wait at least another week. 

SFG is the new verified...I have books that have been SFG for 4 weeks now.