• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

I just want to make sure this is normal ... this is my first pre-screen. I sent 28 books. I sent them in one box. When CGC got them they split it up into a batch of 25 and a batch of 3 (see attached screenshot) The first batch is shipping tomorrow, the 2nd batch (3 books) hasn't even been graded yet.

Is that normal?

submissionscreenshot.jpg

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

I just want to make sure this is normal ... this is my first pre-screen. I sent 28 books. I sent them in one box. When CGC got them they split it up into a batch of 25 and a batch of 3 (see attached screenshot) The first batch is shipping tomorrow, the 2nd batch (3 books) hasn't even been graded yet.

Is that normal?

submissionscreenshot.jpg

Normal. Anything over 25 books will be split. Can't say why they aren't handled around the same time frame but it happens.

Edited by I like pie

20 hours ago, shiro9 said:

Modern Fast Track

2/28 They got Them

3/6 They say they got them

3/18 Shipped

5 of the books inner wells were moving around.  You could hear them rattle.

4/1 Reholder They got them

4/16 I got Them

4/16 Still charged for Re-Holder

Paid Modern Fast track For 5 books that was probably longer than slow.

3 of the books still Rattle.....Was told that the Giant Size books will have some rattle.  A graded collectible will move around in its case and its OK.  I don't get it

What are the books, can you show some pics?

15 hours ago, Casablanca said:

21 Books

Standard.

Shipped 3/28, Received 4/2 and Scheduled for Grading

Status Changed to Grading/Quality Control 4/16

3 Books
Economy

3/25 Shipped

3/29 Delivered

4/2 Received

4/3 Scheduled for Nothin'  :taptaptap:

On 4/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, Sniezyk said:

Value - 5 books

2/26 Scheduled for grading 

4/03 Still scheduled for grading

Sent an email to ask how long submissions take, was ignored, of course there were no problems with them charging my credit card. First submission to CGC, do not believe I will be renewing for a second year. 

*** On a side note, I do not believe you should have to pay more money to receive your books faster. That is very bad business. Could you imagine walking into an emergency room and sitting down to wait your turn and then some guy walks in and hands the clerk a hundred dollar bill to jump the line. How long would that business last?

Imagine if you checked out the sites TATS

3 hours ago, spreads said:

What are the books, can you show some pics?

I only have my cell phone so i cant scan.  I sent them pics the first time and they just said we cant tell anything.  The books were Giant-Size Fantastic Four's, the Giant-Size/Annual holder's.

I sent out two silver age comics through a local dealer of mine, value with fast track. That was around two and a half months ago and still nothing. Does this seem right? To me it doesn't but it was the first time I had sent anything out to be graded. The store tells me they are scheduled for grading still. It somewhat sounds like they are not fast tracking them? Any advice?

1 hour ago, Spartcom5 said:

I sent out two silver age comics through a local dealer of mine, value with fast track. That was around two and a half months ago and still nothing. Does this seem right? To me it doesn't but it was the first time I had sent anything out to be graded. The store tells me they are scheduled for grading still. It somewhat sounds like they are not fast tracking them? Any advice?

Does the store give you a copy of the submission form when you submit thru them (I've never done it like that)? If yes, does it say Fast Track?

Can the store show you, on a computer, the Status? Does it say Fast Track? (I suppose the store can also give you a printout of a screenshot of the Status page.)

Maybe the store can  give you the invoice number & you can just call CGC.

VFT is roughly 2 1/2 months (Con season).

16 hours ago, Spartcom5 said:

Was it Paradise Comics?

What's up with this?  Did I pay extra for nothing?  Regular and Fast Track are the same turnaround?  

3 books subbed for Economy Fast Track; Scheduled for Fast Track on 3/22, went into Grading/Quality Control on 4/17.  

For anyone wondering, it's two EC horror books and Ghost Rider 1.  

Screenshot_20190423-161418_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, Drummeraa said:

What's up with this?  Did I pay extra for nothing?  Regular and Fast Track are the same turnaround?  

3 books subbed for Economy Fast Track; Scheduled for Fast Track on 3/22, went into Grading/Quality Control on 4/17.  

That's messed up :( 

image.thumb.png.aa29890b0e44fdebdbe07debc17ebe72.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

Oof, that's not fun to see. I have the same sub, 3 books FT ECO

They got the books as SFG on 3/25 - haven't even gone past that yet - real cool to see we're paying for nothing.