• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

My modern submission went to SFG on 4/2, so any day now for both of us hopefully :wishluck:

It has been at Scheduled since 4/5, same with the economy books.  I believe received and verified are a thing of the past

23 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Modern Prescreen received 3/11 just shipped today. 

Went 25 for 25 which is a first. 100% 9.8 prescreen, there must be a glitch in the matrix. The highlight being a Wolverine 35 in 9.8 :banana:

They must have new graders....I went 37 of 40 and didn't take any out of the bag when I selected...Never been better than 75% on half a dozen 9.8 prescreens

1 hour ago, gregwynn said:

They must have new graders....I went 37 of 40 and didn't take any out of the bag when I selected...Never been better than 75% on half a dozen 9.8 prescreens

Could be. They've been so brutal on copper and modern lately that I'm being super anal about what I'm sending in so not sure if they are loosening or it's just self selection in that they have now set the bar higher and I'm sending in stuff that just isn't even borderline. I mean at least 10 of the books I sent in I couldn't find a flaw at all which theoretically should have gotten 9.9/10 but as far as I can tell those grades are being given out subjectively whenever the graders feel like it and are not based on any sort of objective criteria. I'm 100% sure that there are 10's of thousands of 9.9/10 books sitting in 9.8 holders for no other reason than that CGC doesn't want to give out too many of those grades (tin foil hat warning).

MODERN FAST TRACK

Delivered 4/18/19

Received and Scheduled for Grading 4/24/19

Grading/Quality Control 5/1/19

Images emailed 5/3/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/6/19

14 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Could be. They've been so brutal on copper and modern lately that I'm being super anal about what I'm sending in so not sure if they are loosening or it's just self selection in that they have now set the bar higher and I'm sending in stuff that just isn't even borderline. I mean at least 10 of the books I sent in I couldn't find a flaw at all which theoretically should have gotten 9.9/10 but as far as I can tell those grades are being given out subjectively whenever the graders feel like it and are not based on any sort of objective criteria. I'm 100% sure that there are 10's of thousands of 9.9/10 books sitting in 9.8 holders for no other reason than that CGC doesn't want to give out too many of those grades (tin foil hat warning).

This does sound tin foil, a 9.8 shouldn't really have any noticeable flaws.  Talk to people that have received 9.9s and 10.0s and they will tell you there is a different, and that difference isn't CGC wanted to give you a 10 on this book.

Seems like it's taking longer to get submissions checked in after they are delivered to CGC. I have one that was delivered on 5/2 and it hasn't been added yet. Kinda disappointed because I have an express book. 

1 hour ago, Barth said:

Seems like it's taking longer to get submissions checked in after they are delivered to CGC. I have one that was delivered on 5/2 and it hasn't been added yet. Kinda disappointed because I have an express book. 

My slow track moderns were delivered on 4/1, but I received no notification until they were scheduled for grading on 4/11. The question I have is whether the current 29 business day current turnaround time is based on when the books were entered into the system or when they were delivered? For instance, it's been 28 business days since delivery, but they're still scheduled for grading.

23 minutes ago, skybolt said:

My slow track moderns were delivered on 4/1, but I received no notification until they were scheduled for grading on 4/11. The question I have is whether the current 29 business day current turnaround time is based on when the books were entered into the system or when they were delivered? For instance, it's been 28 business days since delivery, but they're still scheduled for grading.

scheduled for grading is the new "received", but whatever the estimated on april 1st would be the correct tat

seeing how its been estimated at 31-32 business days until now, i would say fairly soon :wishluck: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

47 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Similar to what @ADAMANTIUM said,I believe it is based on when they enter them not when the package is delivered.  They get thousands of packages so I cannot imagine they would start a counter without knowing........

whats-in-the-box.jpg.5cc319d4c47a873f943f6caf2618808b.jpg

Edited by Crops068
missed an at!

49 minutes ago, skybolt said:

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Similar to what @ADAMANTIUM said,I believe it is based on when they enter them not when the package is delivered.  They get thousands of packages so I cannot imagine they would start a counter without knowing........

whats-in-the-box.jpg.5cc319d4c47a873f943f6caf2618808b.jpg

YA I MISPOKE a little.... estimated tat from 4/11 is more accurate, when they were first scheduled for grading :foryou: 

as cgc process updates have change and scheduled for grading is the new way they mark "received" 

still at 29? days estimated...shouldnt be too long

4 hours ago, spreads said:

This does sound tin foil, a 9.8 shouldn't really have any noticeable flaws.  Talk to people that have received 9.9s and 10.0s and they will tell you there is a different, and that difference isn't CGC wanted to give you a 10 on this book.

Is that right? How many 9.8s would you like me to show you that have noticeable flaws?

Edited by LordRahl