• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,950 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

It depends on the tier of your submission. You can check their stated TATs on the website under FAQs, but this thread is actually a better indicator of what's currently happening. For instance, if you submitted some moderns and opted for fast track, check a few posts above for boardies who have posted their results in that same tier. Once it says "Scheduled for grading," it's usually a good indication that they'll be graded within the next couple business days, and then they have to go on to quality control for a secondary review before being finalized.

Gotcha. Thanks :) 

5 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

Once it says "Scheduled for grading," it's usually a good indication that they'll be graded within the next couple business days sometime before the eventual heat death of the universe, and then they have to go on to quality control for a secondary review before being finalized.

Fixed :foryou:

They are so far behind that they are just receiving/opening packages that arrived the week of May 6th. 

I have an express sub that was delivered to their office on May 13th that still has not showed up on my submission tracking. I called and was just told that I should write "Express" or Walk Through" on the box as they will look for those first. :facepalm:

20 hours ago, blue808 said:

They are so far behind that they are just receiving/opening packages that arrived the week of May 6th. 

I have an express sub that was delivered to their office on May 13th that still has not showed up on my submission tracking. I called and was just told that I should write "Express" or Walk Through" on the box as they will look for those first. :facepalm:

That is insane. Simply for insurance reasons they are opening themselves up to some huge problems by letting boxes sit for that long. 

24 minutes ago, Drahcirh said:

8 Modern (No FT)

Scheduled - 4/18

Grading/Quality Control - 5/17

Dang O.o I should be expecting a phone call from the LCS any day now then :wishluck: 

5 book modern non FT

Dropped off with them since April 1st, inquired last Monday, said it's been 5 weeks so far. I guess that means it was "SFG" since the week of April 8th

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Encouraging (thumbsu I have a 5 book modern normal seemingly "SFG" on 4/8.... :wishluck: for shipping by week's end :whee: for both of us :foryou: 

Unfortunately my books are still sitting at Graded / Quality Control since 5/13. Looks like they'll be shipped next week. :(

So, I have a submission sent USPS that shows delivered May 15 (3 book Standard submission,  4 book Modern FT). With CGC accepting submissions at 2 big Cons this weekend, will my books end up behind that wave of madness or ahead? Also, does CGC pick up daily from USPS, or just let the books rot there for days. Anybody in the know on that particular subject?

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

45 minutes ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

So, I have a submission sent USPS that shows delivered May 15 (3 book Standard submission,  4 book Modern FT). With CGC accepting submissions at 2 big Cons this weekend, will my books end up behind that wave of madness or ahead? Also, does CGC pick up daily from USPS, or just let the books rot there for days. Anybody in the know on that particular subject?

All I know is it's first in first out....

So their before this weekend cons not last, I assume they pick up any day mail runs, as some have seen movement on the weekend...

Hope that helps...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Cons

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So their before this weekend cons not last, I assume they pick up any day mail runs, as some have seen movement on the weekend...

Hope that helps...

Appreciate the info. I assumed it was first in, first out. Just wasn't sure if they leave the stuff sitting in the hallway and check in con books as they arrive.

1 hour ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hope that helps...

Appreciate the info. I assumed it was first in, first out. Just wasn't sure if they leave the stuff sitting in the hallway and check in con books as they arrive.

The only frame of reference I have is, i dropped off at the beginning of a con, and mine were entered days before others I know that dropped off at the same con but later in the weekend....

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The only frame of reference I have is, i dropped off at the beginning of a con, and mine were entered days before others I know that dropped off at the same con but later in the weekend....

Sounds like I could be in the back of the line. I'll know in about 5 days I guess...

On 5/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, skybolt said:

10 Moderns (normal submission)

4/1 - Delivered to CGC

4/11 - Scheduled for Grading

5/13 - Graded

5/20 - Shipped

A bit disappointed with the overall grades (7 - 9.8's, 2 - 9.6's & 1 - 9.4). I did inspect the books really carefully, but can never get over that 70% threshold. 

32 minutes ago, skybolt said:

5/20 - Shipped

A bit disappointed with the overall grades (7 - 9.8's, 2 - 9.6's & 1 - 9.4). I did inspect the books really carefully, but can never get over that 70% threshold. 

Wait till you see my grades lol but seriously, not too shabby :foryou: 

Just another data point.

Grading 16 modern books

Received 4/19

Grading/QC 5/20

Estimate at time of submission was 20 business days I believe.  This is just my second submission.  I remember the turnaround from G/QC to the Finalized/Imaged/Shipped was a day on first submission that had 6 books.  F5, F5, F5... was definitely going on :)

Maybe I'm being inpatient but isn't walk through service same day?  Books arrived early this morning and now it's 8:20pm FL time, thought grades would be available?  They are not.  Or maybe the graders are working really late tonight?  Is it same day or 24 hours?

They've been at grading/qc status most of the day.

Edited by RedGiant