• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, Richard Holbrook said:

Just another data point.

Grading 16 modern books

Received 4/19

Grading/QC 5/20

Estimate at time of submission was 20 business days I believe.  This is just my second submission.  I remember the turnaround from G/QC to the Finalized/Imaged/Shipped was a day on first submission that had 6 books.  F5, F5, F5... was definitely going on :)

Shipped 5/22  (12 books@9.8, 3@9.6, 1@9.4 if you care to know!)

How long is it taking books to be received? I did online registration and first day show drop off at megacon (actually during first 30 mins they were open Thursday).

14 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

How long is it taking books to be received? I did online registration and first day show drop off at megacon (actually during first 30 mins they were open Thursday).

Earlier it was rumored that books were taking 2 weeks to be received.  Good luck!

Sorry this might be a dumb question but the new tracking system changed a lot of the wording I found. Just out of curiousity is there still a received step or has that been replaced with scheduled for grading? 

I havent seen any of my submissions at received just straight to scheduled for grading. 

Sorry for the noob question 

2 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

Sorry this might be a dumb question but the new tracking system changed a lot of the wording I found. Just out of curiousity is there still a received step or has that been replaced with scheduled for grading? 

I havent seen any of my submissions at received just straight to scheduled for grading. 

Sorry for the noob question 

I believe that received is now "SFG"...... I believe that it was mentioned by @RockMyAmadeus that "dealers" or the like might actually still see "received"

but to answer your question simply, I believe it is marked "received" and the status is "SFG" right away and then the clock starts ticking on estimated TAT... :foryou: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe that received is now "SFG"...... I believe that it was mentioned by @RockMyAmadeus that "dealers" or the like might actually still see "received"

but to answer your question simply, I believe it is marked "received" and the status is "SFG" right away and then the clock starts ticking on estimated TAT... :foryou: 

I'm not a dealer, but I see my submissions in "Received" status. Some sit longer than others, depending on whether or not I chose CCS services. Then they move to "Scheduled for Grading" and then "Grading/Quality Control," where time can't seem to move any slower before I get my little dose of happiness when I see "Finalized/Imaged/Shipped."

1 minute ago, celluloidbuff said:

I'm not a dealer, but I see my submissions in "Received" status. Some sit longer than others, depending on whether or not I chose CCS services. Then they move to "Scheduled for Grading" and then "Grading/Quality Control," where time can't seem to move any slower before I get my little dose of happiness when I see "Finalized/Imaged/Shipped."

I hear you lol Then you hopefully look back and count it all worth it :wishluck: 

Mine have gone directly to "SFG", but this is my first sub under my account that I could track..... It's been rumored and mentioned that "SFG" was the new received, I tried to get a definite handle on it, but can only determine from my own experience.... as I'm not a dealer either, nor have pressing under my current submission.....

I wonder if they "actually schedule a date of grading?" I mean do they look at the current estimates and say June 12th? one could hope that way if you called, you could get an answer..... lol 

wishful thinking haha

1 minute ago, Kon_Jelly said:

So I dropped off a stack at AwesomeCon on 4/27. Two tiers, modern and economy, both received 5/2. My modern books went into grading / quality control today, 5/23. 

Fast track on the moderns?

1 minute ago, Kon_Jelly said:
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fast track on the moderns?

Nope, no fast tracks at all. 

Snap! I'm waiting on non Fast track from week of April 8th...

LCS better call me :sumo:

Lol

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks. I figured as much. Not sure why but this submission feels like it’s taking the absolute longest. 

Doesnt help that it took 2 weeeks to get processed :( 

1 minute ago, Rezin1234 said:

Thanks. I figured as much. Not sure why but this submission feels like it’s taking the absolute longest. 

Doesnt help that it took 2 weeeks to get processed :( 

I did drop off a value sub at a con, marked "SFG" May 9th, with an estimated TAT of 68 business days.... lol ...... some are way longer than others :foryou: 

Grading only submission.

MODERN TIER (Fast Track): 4 Books

Delivered: 5/13

Received/Sheduled for Grading: 5/23

Current TAT: 15 Days

STANDARD TIER: 3 Books

Delivered: 5/13

Received/Sheduled for Grading: 5/23

Current TAT: 16 Days

Will update when the books move.

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Snap! I'm waiting on non Fast track from week of April 8th...

LCS better call me :sumo:

Lol

Fast track moderns are 8-10 business days right now.