• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, iae21 said:

I fully understand the definition of the work 'Estimated'

However, the difference between 37 and 53 business days is a month longer than originally expected.

My question is still not being answered...

It has been. You just don't like the answer.

The ToT's change dramatically during con season from week to week.

You're not going to get a concrete answer.

26 minutes ago, iae21 said:

I fully understand the definition of the work 'Estimated'

However, the difference between 37 and 53 business days is a month longer than originally expected.

My question is still not being answered...

You should use the estimate based on when your books have been received and scheduled into the system. Which is why I originally said "all the books that get there between your form submission and your package arriving will affect the turn around times as well."

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

It has been. You just don't like the answer.

The ToT's change dramatically during con season from week to week.

You're not going to get a concrete answer.

I don't think he is looking for a concrete date answer just an idea of how this works.

53 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

You should use the estimate based on when your books have been received and scheduled into the system. Which is why I originally said "all the books that get there between your form submission and your package arriving will affect the turn around times as well."

What I believe @iae21 is asking once his submission goes to either received or SFG in his account, that is when the clock starts for the TAT countdown. From that date if the TAT estimates change does that have and effect on HIS submission TAT that was 37 business days based on when his submission was set at received/SFG.  Sent in books on 1/1, received on 1/4.  The TAT was 37 days on 1/4 but then say on 2/1 it changed to 53 days. Does that change the books that were TAT'd for 37 days on 1/4 to 53 days as well?

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

I don't think he is looking for a concrete date answer just an idea of how this works.

What I believe @iae21 is asking once his submission goes to either received or SFG in his account, that is when the clock starts for the TAT countdown. From that date if the TAT estimates change does that have and effect on HIS submission TAT that was 37 business days based on when his submission was set at received/SFG.  Sent in books on 1/1, received on 1/4.  The TAT was 37 days on 1/4 but then say on 2/1 it changed to 53 days. Does that change the books that were TAT'd for 37 days on 1/4 to 53 days as well?

Yeah I get it. I would say you use the TAT at the time the submission goes to scheduling, but even then it's just an estimate. There's also no guarantee that the TAT is updated promptly.

25 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Yes, thank you for clarifying :) 

1 minute ago, iae21 said:

Yes, thank you for clarifying :) 

So with that I think the answer is unknown to be fair.  The base is the original TAT, but because it is an estimate, you might be close to the original but you could also fall closer to the newer TAT as it is updated.  It is all based on workload for their staff and their overall availability.  All that can be asked is be patient.

In fairness to CGC, they're very busy right now with demand for their services. 

I submitted in person at WonderCon at the end of March for an 8 book Economy submission. 

It went to SFG in the system on 4/11 and has been there ever since. When it hit the system that day, the TAT was 32 days and had dipped to 28 days about a week later. Now it's up to 54 days estimated TAT for that tier submission. 

The books are on their 38th business day in CGC's system tracked possession, beyond what the original estimated TAT was when they were entered in the system. 

Reasonably, the estimate is just the estimate. Based on my current experience, I would estimate TAT based on what the current, estimated TAT time is not what it was when entered in the system as it will always be fluid on the lower priced tiers based on demand/staffing. 

These are books for my personal collection that I wanted slabbed and I can be patient getting them. 

17 hours ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:
  On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, somewhereintexas said:

11 book FT Modern Signature Series

Submitted 5/5/19 at Fan Expo Dallas

Received 5/13/19

Scheduled for Grading 5/24/19

Grading/Quality Control 5/29/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 6/1/19

If you include the Friday of Megacon and Memorial Day as non-business days, then by my count right at the 13 business days currently listed as the estimated TAT for FT modern.

16 hours ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

So, with this submission,  did you actually see a "received" notation? I thought that wasn't a thing any more. Is that something they do for on-site submissions, but not shipped items? My Modern FT books, for example, were delivered USPS on 5/13/19 and show received 5/23/19. They immediately went to "Scheduled for Grading" in the notes at the same time. That would mean my books were scheduled for grading before yours, but recieved after? Confusing. 

rantrant

I dislike the fact that "receiving" is used to push turn around times out 2 weeks...without actually noting that on the turn around times posted on the website.  Absolutely misleading. It took 8 business days to check my books in. Turn around time was listed at 11 days at the time. At this point I'm at 16 total business days (excluding Memorial Day) (almost 4 calendar weeks), with 8 of those days being after the books were "received". Turn around times are now at 13 days. Hammer me for whining, but I know I'm not the only one. I believe CGC should get the books in system within a day or 2, bring back the "received" notation for all submissions and track books the old (and much better) way.  Then, post realistic turn around times that start at "received". Right now modern fast track should be at about 21 business days by my estimation.

rantrantover...

Based on the submissions I've tracked in my account, if the submission form was completed online, that submission does not appear in the system until it has been "verified" and goes straight to "Scheduled for Grading." The status never is "Received."  If the submission form was completed manually (as is the case for all Signature Series submissions), the submission initially will appear in the system as "Received" with no detailed information available as to the particular items, and does not move to "Scheduled for Grading" until the contents of the submission have been "verified."  This is more like the old system when "Scheduled for Grading" usually was a signal that grading was imminent.

When counting days, keep in mind that "the Fridays before a major convention are not counted as business days for submission processing," which is why I did not count the Friday of Megacon.

Regular Modern Submission

I shipped USPS Priority to CGC 4/23/2019

”Recieved”, scheduled for grading 5/11/2019 by CGC

Billed, Grading/ Quality control 5/28/2019

Graded, Shipped Safe 6/5/2019

–The fastest turnaround time I’ve ever experienced for a regular submission  

:applause::headbang:

Edited by nepatkm

3 hours ago, somewhereintexas said:

Based on the submissions I've tracked in my account, if the submission form was completed online, that submission does not appear in the system until it has been "verified" and goes straight to "Scheduled for Grading." The status never is "Received."  If the submission form was completed manually (as is the case for all Signature Series submissions), the submission initially will appear in the system as "Received" with no detailed information available as to the particular items, and does not move to "Scheduled for Grading" until the contents of the submission have been "verified."  This is more like the old system when "Scheduled for Grading" usually was a signal that grading was imminent.

When counting days, keep in mind that "the Fridays before a major convention are not counted as business days for submission processing," which is why I did not count the Friday of Megacon.

Thanks! I was curious how that worked. Know I understand the elusive "received" status!(thumbsu

On 6/4/2019 at 11:21 AM, 1p36DSA said:

anyone that submitted at megacon have books received yet? Its OVER 2 weeks now, going on 3 in a few days. This is ridiculous!

books were submitted saturday May 18th at megacon. they received them 5/30/19, i paid for fast track modern. and they have been scheduled to grade for a few days now.... i know they get swamped during the bigger cons like this, and we know san diego is right around the corner.

How does someone that submitted on Saturday have books received since 5/30 and I submitted Thursday within 30 mins of show opening, standard and haven’t had them received yet? They don’t do FIFO? 

22 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

How does someone that submitted on Saturday have books received since 5/30 and I submitted Thursday within 30 mins of show opening, standard and haven’t had them received yet? They don’t do FIFO? 

I think FIFO is sketchy at times...

On 5/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, aszumilo said:
On 5/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, aszumilo said:

12 book Modern / Press submission
Mailed - 3/16
Delivered - 3/20
Received - 3/26

And the wait begins...…..

Still sitting at Received

Still at received, but, CCS billed my Credit Card.  Progress....

4 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Regular Modern Submission

I shipped USPS Priority to CGC 4/23/2019

”Recieved”, scheduled for grading 5/11/2019 by CGC

Billed, Grading/ Quality control 5/28/2019

Graded, Shipped Safe 6/5/2019

–The fastest turnaround time I’ve ever experienced for a regular submission  

:applause::headbang:

So I am right there with you but this is my 1st submission - Sig Series Modern

Dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas - 5/5/2019

Received - 5/11/2019

Scheduled for Grading - 5/31/2019

Gradinig/QC - 6/3/2019

Finalized - 6/5/2019

Shipping - 6/6/2019 (tomorrow)

I was not expecting this to ship until at least the end of June, this is a pleasant surprise!

Now I wait for the other 5 submissions from the show, 1 is in SFG and another is in Grading/QC, others are at CCS. :roflmao:

12 hours ago, Crops068 said:

So I am right there with you but this is my 1st submission - Sig Series Modern

Dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas - 5/5/2019

Received - 5/11/2019

Scheduled for Grading - 5/31/2019

Gradinig/QC - 6/3/2019

Finalized - 6/5/2019

Shipping - 6/6/2019 (tomorrow)

I was not expecting this to ship until at least the end of June, this is a pleasant surprise!

Now I wait for the other 5 submissions from the show, 1 is in SFG and another is in Grading/QC, others are at CCS. :roflmao:

Being your first submission, were the grades lower, higher or about what you expected?

3 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

Being your first submission, were the grades lower, higher or about what you expected?

If they are, then he'd better create a new thread :censored:ing about it, and proclaiming that he's "never submitting again!"

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:
6 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

If they are, then he'd better create a new thread :censored:ing about it, and proclaiming that he's "never submitting again!"

:roflmao:

1 hour ago, somewhereintexas said:

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Isn't that...

32l3fr.gif.c982c9a484ad0f9dbdd6eb7a3c91f7df.gif