• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Economy submission:

Received -- 3/29
Scheduled for Grading -- 4/3
Grading/Quality Control -- today!

As a proof of accuracy...

Received -- 3/29

Grading/Quality Control -- Today

CGC has a process

Figure I put in my most recent submission.

Economy - 1
Modern - 3 (Have them in my hands)
Modern with Pressing - 3 (new to this, confident 2/3 will benefit from pressing, looking to see what happens with 3rd)

Submitted on 3/9 (shipped following day)

CGC - Received on 3/16

CCS - Invoiced on 5/29

For the remaining Economy and Moderns, status is still "Received" with a received date of "3/16".  

I assume CGC hasn't received the pressed books yet from CCS?

23 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

How does someone that submitted on Saturday have books received since 5/30 and I submitted Thursday within 30 mins of show opening, standard and haven’t had them received yet? They don’t do FIFO? 

i assume you didn't pay the extra few bucks for fast track? lol there's your answer there....

On 5/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, dporges said:

Fast Track Value:

Delivered 5/1 (says post office)

Scheduled for grading 5/8

Still in SFG this morning, 6/7.  The Fast Track estimate on the site, right now, is 31 days.  I don't know what it was a month ago.

Should say I also got 5 FT Moderns back this week that were submitted to them after pressing, presser sent to them May 2nd, delivered to me June 4th.

Edited by dporges

15 hours ago, Gabagool said:

i assume you didn't pay the extra few bucks for fast track? lol there's your answer there....

Standard is actually a higher service level and they aren’t modern books

Another I was not expecting at the least to get done until the end of the month.

Dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas - 5/4/2019

Received - 5/13/2019

Scheduled for Grading - 6/3/2019

Gradinig/QC - 6/5/2019

Finalized - 6/7/2019

Shipping - 6/7/2019

This was a 3 book Modern SS sub that didn't have a facilitator involved (the previous one had a facilitator involved for one of the signatures). :whee:

Still have 4 more submissions out there, only 1 of them doesn't have CCS services linked to it, it is a Magazine Modern SS.  Other three I am not expecting before like October.  :headbang:

First Modern Prescreen batch I've sent (looking only for 9.8's).  25 books.  Was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and didn't get them sent out til the Monday after MegaCon in Orlando.

Mailed them on 5/20 and were signed for on 5/21.

Scheduled for Grading on 5/29 (accepted the fact that I'd see them when I'd see them; was 45ish days TAT at the time I submitted, then bumped to 53)

My card was charged on 6/7 for the full amount of the invoice (as if all 25 were 9.8's - probably not the case since I had to add a meh book to make 25).  Normally I'm used to being charged closer to the time books are actually a little further along.

On a Modern Prescreen, do you receive a credit back to your card once they determine the rejects?  Will I be able to see the rejects through my online invoice prior to them being Finalized/Shipped?  I was hoping when I was charged I could do some algebra and figure out how many were rejected, etc.

Many thanks!

18 book Modern Signature Series (not FT)

Submitted 5/5/19 at Fan Expo Dallas

Received 5/11/19

Scheduled for Grading 5/31/19

Grading/Quality Control 6/4/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 6/7/19

Not counting Memorial Day or the Friday of Megacon as business days, 17 business days by my count, so a little bit faster than the current estimated TAT.  But estimated TATs are a little misleading right now because of the delay between delivery and "received/scheduled for grading."

6 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

First Modern Prescreen batch I've sent (looking only for 9.8's).  25 books.  Was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and didn't get them sent out til the Monday after MegaCon in Orlando.

Mailed them on 5/20 and were signed for on 5/21.

Scheduled for Grading on 5/29 (accepted the fact that I'd see them when I'd see them; was 45ish days TAT at the time I submitted, then bumped to 53)

My card was charged on 6/7 for the full amount of the invoice (as if all 25 were 9.8's - probably not the case since I had to add a meh book to make 25).  Normally I'm used to being charged closer to the time books are actually a little further along.

On a Modern Prescreen, do you receive a credit back to your card once they determine the rejects?  Will I be able to see the rejects through my online invoice prior to them being Finalized/Shipped?  I was hoping when I was charged I could do some algebra and figure out how many were rejected, etc.

Many thanks!

What I have found is that my CC isnt charged until CGC has graded the books and knows how many 9.8's and how many rejections.  

I have a Modern Prescreen that has been in "scheduled for grading" since April 16th and my card has yet to be charged.  

3 hours ago, cbalroman said:

What I have found is that my CC isnt charged until CGC has graded the books and knows how many 9.8's and how many rejections.  

I have a Modern Prescreen that has been in "scheduled for grading" since April 16th and my card has yet to be charged.  

Thanks.  

Idk...weird. I guess I'll just keep an eye-out and update here for data's sake once I know more.

3 minutes ago, Drummeraa said:

Thanks.  

Idk...weird. I guess I'll just keep an eye-out and update here for data's sake once I know more.

perhaps call cgc about it tomorrow? one wouldn't think you'd be charged until they knew how many past the prescreen...

Just a few observations on CGC's current TAT

1) Receiving staff seemed to put in some OT. I received emails on a couple of submissions on Saturday. A good thing, as books were sometimes taking a full five business days to be logged in after delivery. 

2) Does anyone else feel like CGC's current TAT's are a bit on the wonky side? Might I even dare say "unfair"? 

3) CGC is clearly prioritizing keeping Modern TAT at close to 20 business days. But they are doing this by greatly increasing TAT on MORE EXPENSIVE tiers.  Sometimes MUCH MORE expensive tiers. Standard - over 3x the price of Modern - is now just ONE DAY faster than Modern. Economy almost  2x the price is over 2x slower.  

As a dealer, most of the books I submit are for customers. In the past, I've explained to customers CGC's pricing as "Generally, the more your book is worth, the more it costs to grade it. But the faster it gets done" That explanation doesn't work anymore.  Now I basically have to say "CGC gives you the best service and best price on books published after 1975 valued at $200 or less. Older books will take a lot longer unless you pay at least 3.25x  the price of a modern. I can't say why". 

CGC's TAT are sooo much better than six years ago I don't really want to...complain. But Economy costing nearly twice as much and taking over twice as long makes no sense. And Standard at 18 days is crazy. Why? Just so they can get people's modern books - the cheapest service by far - done quickly?