• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, Capn17 said:

Update:

1 Economy has now been updated to Received on 6/11 and is now Scheduled for Grading.

3 Moderns have now been updated to Received on 6/12 and is now Scheduled for Grading..

3 Moderns that was scheduled for grading on 6/12 has now shipped as expected delivery is 6/25.  

1 Economy still has the Scheduled for Grading status.

Economy:

• Delivered to CGC: 4/17
  • SFG: 4/25
  • Still waiting

Reholder:

• Shipped:5/15

Modern Fast Track:

• SFG: 6/5/19
  • Shipped 6/17/19

They missed a double cover in my modern fast track so now I have to send one back. Did they not even open the book?? :frustrated:

4 minutes ago, Phish&Comics said:

Economy:

• Still waiting

Reholder:

• Shipped:5/15

Modern Fast Track:

• SFG: 6/5/19
  • Shipped 6/17/19

They missed a double cover in my modern fast track so now I have to send one back. Did they not even open the book?? :frustrated:

@Bird was your's a modern too?

@Phish&Comics did you click the details of the double cover? maybe it's hidden?

i still have a batman #183 sitting at scheduled for grading...

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Phish&Comics did you click the details of the double cover? maybe it's hidden?

i still have a batman #183 sitting at scheduled for grading...

Yeah, no mention of a double cover. Received the books today and sure enough it wasn't mentioned. I've emailed CGC and I'm awaiting a response. 

Modern Signature Series Magazine:

Dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas: 5/4

Received: 5/15

Scheduled for grading 5/21

Grading/QC: 6/20

Shipping: 6/25

28 business days in total, When it was set to received the TAT was 35 business days.  Current TAT is 27 for Modern Magazines.

Will likely receive it by Friday.

So are they doing resto/page count checks now before it goes to grading? My Express book updated to Universal yesterday but remains at SFG.

I don’t like the idea of adding another person handling the books if that’s new. Just another opportunity for accidents to occur. 

10 hours ago, Drew Stair said:

So are they doing resto/page count checks now before it goes to grading? My Express book updated to Universal yesterday but remains at SFG.

I don’t like the idea of adding another person handling the books if that’s new. Just another opportunity for accidents to occur. 

My understanding is the resto check has always been done first and was never done by the graders.  I assume they run it under a giant black light and who knows what else.  It kinda makes  sense to me the two would be done by different people/departments.

It does seem now that you’ll see the universal or restored category tag updated at the end of SFG and a few days before it hits G/QC.

4 Books Value Tier:

-Received on 11/8/18 and sent to CCS for pressing

-Received back to CGC on 3/8/19

-Scheduled for Grading on 6/3/19

-Grading/QC on 6/20/19

-Finalized 6/26/19 and Shipped on 6/27/19

All 4 books came back with grades higher than expected, so definitely worth the wait. Of the 4, I sent in a raw Batman 251 that came back at 9.2 and a raw Batman 171 that came back at 8.5. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Six (6) Signature Series Modern received 6/6/2019, still listed as Received. No Fast Track, no pressing. Hoping they move to Scheduled for grading early next week.

Three (3) Signature Series Modern received 6/24/2019, listed as Received. No Fast Track, no pressing. I know judging by the submissions above it'll be a little while yet.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:05 PM, bloodwings19 said:

Finalized/Shipped 6/21.  Im not checking what I got until I open it myself.  I'm quite sure I know the grade by no phone calls.  Going to send my top tier book next and see how long it takes.

Received today except UPS left it at the porch with no signature (not complaining because I have some german dogs in the house).  I didn't get a call thinking it was not worthy grades (all are 1 owner comics, me).  Expectations exceeded, sending more 30-40 year old books.....