• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,945 posts in this topic

Just now, batmiesta said:

Jesus! doh!

Yep... starting to wonder if they weren't robbed and just didn't tell people yet.  I say that only half jokingly...here's the funny thing on the timing with my recent submissions.

Economy Fast Track Received 5/10/19 - shipped 6/5/19.

Economy Fast Track Received 5/16/19 --- still at grading QC 7/5/19

2nd order in the exact same tier received just 6 days later but now has taken 25 days longer....

Kicking myself for not upgrading to fast track economy. At the time in April, normal economy had a 30-something day TAT and was only about 7 days longer than fast track. Thought I'd save a few bucks and wait the extra week or two to get my books. Big mistake as the normal economy TAT has almost doubled since then!

I gotta hand CGC credit on a recent deal.  I emailed them a complicated query about a book I was thinking about sending in to them, and within 2 days they answered my question in such a way that I no longer needed to send in the book.

so, 2 observations:  one, they answered a complicated email question about a book, which is great in and of itself, and two, they could have easily answered my question in a way that would have generated them extra income, but they did not.

8 hours ago, szav said:

13 business days at grading/QC for my Economy Fast Track...so almost 3 weeks.  Also for the record, 12 business days beyond the still posted TAT.

Unfortunately, sounds like they may have a found a problem. The QC found something that wasn't too Q. Otherwise, that's longer than I can recall having a book sit at that stage.

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

What makes it even less customer friendly are the new shipping rules. You can't have the addresses switched once the packages are going out. Before, I knew when it said "scheduled for grading" that I had a few weeks before the books would be mailed, so if I were going away, I could call and have the address changed, or the books held or notify Fedex to hold them, or send them somewhere else if need be. 
Now, it's SURPRISE! your books are going to your house tomorrow, forget the fact that you are going to be away for a week and they might get sent back. .

Just have them send the books to me and they can play with my books until you get back.

6 hours ago, mysterio said:

“Scheduled for grading” is the new “Received”.

This was a strange change. Makes you wonder whether they are actually scheduled for grading in the sense that there's now a specific date on which they will be graded or whether they've just been logged into the queue, which seems more likely. hm

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Unfortunately, sounds like they may have a found a problem. The QC found something that wasn't too Q. Otherwise, that's longer than I can recall having a book sit at that stage.

This. I have seen books that were "Universal" move to "qualified or restored" at this stage. 

8 hours ago, szav said:

Yep... starting to wonder if they weren't robbed and just didn't tell people yet.  I say that only half jokingly...here's the funny thing on the timing with my recent submissions.

Economy Fast Track Received 5/10/19 - shipped 6/5/19.

Economy Fast Track Received 5/16/19 --- still at grading QC 7/5/19

2nd order in the exact same tier received just 6 days later but now has taken 25 days longer....

I'm wishing I had fast tracked mine. Did regular Economy because it was slightly faster than FT Value at the time of submission. By the time they checked them in on 5/8, TATs jumped up by 20 days. I'm guessing I have at least another month at this point.

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

5 minutes ago, joeypost said:

This. I have seen books that were "Universal" move to "qualified or restored" at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yikes!

I'm guessing they are so backed up across the board this is most likely just a delay in encapsulation.

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

This was a strange change. Makes you wonder whether they are actually scheduled for grading in the sense that there's now a specific date on which they will be graded or whether they've just been logged into the queue, which seems more likely. hm

I agree, but I guess technically any book that is submitted is scheduled to be graded someday...

35 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I’ll be crossing my fingers that it was something more like they decided the grades given originally were too low instead.

1 hour ago, szav said:

I’ll be crossing my fingers that it was something more like they decided the grades given originally were too low instead.

Probably Newton rings. I've heard they never send any book out with Newton rings these days. :insane:

24 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Probably Newton rings. I've heard they never send any book out with Newton rings these days. :insane:

Sadly its probably CT...this has already happened to me once before where that category went from universal to restored.  D@$n those QC people for doing their jobs on that one...maybe the run it all under a giant black light one last time before they send it out the door.